1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Team Door Thoughts

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Ganzatron, Apr 28, 2020.

Discussion - Team Door Thoughts
?

Should the new Team Door cost Iron or Gold

Iron 7 vote(s) 35.0%
Gold 13 vote(s) 65.0%
  1. Ganzatron Platinum

XP:
    163,465xp
    I like the team door idea but personally I see this as a beginner door to a wall, before you make a fall trap. Whenever I make the wall I leave a 1x2 hole while I build up the wall. Once I get it to the height I want then I make a fall trap, because it is the superior, until this door can prove me wrong.

Any way I just want to suggest that this door should cost iron instead of gold. As a builder you almost always need iron for shears or buckets so might as well get iron for the door too. I would be fine with it costing more than 10 iron but personally I do not see many wall builders getting 10 gold to get this door, I could see them getting Iron for it though.

Let me know if you agree or disagree and if you agree how much should the door cost?
    Fluffoon likes this.

2. sandstoner Platinum

XP:
    131,928xp
    i agree, 10 iron should be fine
    Fluffoon likes this.
  3. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    All items in the shop cost gold - this is meant for consistency :)

Gold is typically harder to get (only one mine and it's usually further away from base, thereby increasing the risk of being attacked). The door is a fairly powerful item, hence why it's cost in the shop is set to this amount for the time being.
    Ganzatron and Layhoun like this.
  4. jorn_p Platinum

XP:
    1,752,250xp
    I definitely think it should be gold , maybe even more (32 gold) 10 gold is nothing tbh
  5. U2M Platinum

XP:
    142,640xp
    maybe they can add the door to the builder kit might be good for the builder kit
  6. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I can see the argument for why it should be iron, however, it's been fairly useful so far! Even just to block off tps, which is a really cool way to use it. If you've had problems getting gold, then you may just end up with problems getting iron too. It doesn't actually remove the problem, it just moves it (the problem being mine rushes).

You can always ask someone to get you 10 gold for the door. I'm sure there's one nice person on your team! Then you don't have to worry about leaving your base and getting gold (your other option is to go transporter and set a tp to gold so you can easily escape if you get in trouble). With the usefulness of the item so far (though we'll have to see if this is just first week of update and actually continues to be used), it should stay gold.

I don't think prices should increase either, from what someone else said in here, but adding the door to builder kit might not be the worst idea I've heard (would need to be a fairly low chance of appearing).
    Ganzatron and zoomninja3000 like this.