1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Stop Pigmen from Spawning More Pigmen in Dungeons

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by RoseFredricks, Mar 17, 2017.

Suggestion - Stop Pigmen from Spawning More Pigmen in Dungeons
  1. RoseFredricks Artist

XP:
    45,261xp
    As of right now, when a Pigman is killed, 4 zombies spawn in its place. These zombies can be normal Zombies, Baby Zombies, Baby Pigmen, or normal Pigmen(The last 2 are only options up North, past the point where Pigmen can spawn naturally). The first 3 are fine, because they make Pigmen even more deadly than they already are. The last option however poses a problem: if another Pigman or even multiple Pigmen are spawned, they too will split into 4 more zombies. This can lead to a cascading effect where 1 Pigman can lead to potentially infinite amounts of zombies. Obviously this is an exceedingly low chance, and can even be a good thing, forcing players to avoid Pigmen or attack them from far away. But there is still a problem with that, as avoiding Pigmen sometimes isn't an option, such as in dungeons. For example, a little while ago I was attempting Shrine of the Dusk solo. I made it to the Hall of Shadows and was trying to get the skull from the pillar you have to jump down into the bottom of the pillar and step on a pressure plate which spawns 1 Pigman and 1 Zombie. When I did this I immediately shot the Pigman, which cause 2 more Pigmen to spawn from it. When I realized this I splashed my level 2 and level 3 health pots to kill them and bring me to full health. But, lone and behold, another Pigman spawned from both of them. So now there were 10 zombies and 2 Pigmen in a tiny enclosed space and I went from full health to dead instantly. Now, if this was a one time thing, I would be fine re-gearing and attempting again. But I've had this happen multiple times just in that one dungeon, in that part and in the Water Trial. I don't know about you, but having RNG screw you over halfway through a dungeon just isn't fun. There's no amount of skill that can save you from that. That's why I am suggesting that Pigmen be unable to spawn more Adult Pigmen when they die, at least in dungeons.

2. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    No, it's part of the game, why would it get removed now, it has been like that since the pigmen spawn zombies, and it's not really a problem to get a chain reaction, just splash, run or die.
    As a EU player who mostly plays on US (300 ping), I can't even try to kill pigmen with my sword, but I'm still able to complete dungeons and kill these multiple pigmen.

What happened in pigman tower is maybe not what you think, maybe you or.a zombie just stepped on the plate again and it spawned other pigmen. For water trial, just get in a corner and shoot the pigmen that spawn near to you, and if it makes a chain reaction, just splash on them.

Good luck in soloing boss room.
  3. Fridge2177 Retired Staff

XP:
    269,370xp
    Something we all have to deal with unfortunately and in my opinion makes the game more difficult. Shrine shouldn't be solo-able anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Bonus Link
  4. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
  5. up44 Platinum

XP:
    1,745,607xp
    The game is already too easy, removing that chance to get more Pigmen would just make it even easier.
    kirby5098, FelixFB, MTrout and 4 others like this.
  6. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    they should just make shrine actually hard, same goes for the other dungeons..
  7. ImANative0 Platinum

XP:
    264,729xp
    Lol git gud
  8. Talef Platinum

XP:
    274,984xp
    I like this aspect of them, but they don't duplicate in dungeons south of -2000z (devil's respite, krubera vault, etc.)
  9. Fridge2177 Retired Staff

XP:
    269,370xp
    Ya they dont spawn because below that border there is not the chance of them spawning in the place of a zombie like above that border. On a side note this happened to me the other day

www.gfycat.com/SinfulSmugIcterinewarbler (its a gif)
    FelixFB likes this.