1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other StatusEffectHUD, DirectionHUD, ArmorStatusHUD for Minecraft 1.9 - 1.10.2

Discussion in 'The Network' started by blaueszebra, Apr 3, 2016.

Other - StatusEffectHUD, DirectionHUD, ArmorStatusHUD for Minecraft 1.9 - 1.10.2
  1. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    bspkr's HUD mods are now available for Minecraft up to 1.10.2
    • all options are configurable via GUI screen
    • The mod requires Minecraft Forge (Download installer here) as recommended for the Minecraft version.
    You'll need to get
    and whichever you need out of
    and put all the jar files into your .minecraft/mods/ directory

:lmao: Not working? Post your problem here or in a PM to me, maybe we can mend it. Make sure you include following information:
    • Description of the encountered problem
    • Forge Version
    • Minecraft Version
    • Windows/Linux/Other Version X.X
    • Java Version
    • Other Mods used
    • Paste following files found in .minecraft/logs/ in the message
    fml-client-latest.log
    latest.log

bspkr's HUD mods for Minecraft do not not violate any of Shotbow rules nor gives unfair advantage against the HUD mods cited in the Rules. Using them on Shotbow is allowed if they come from above listed sources.

All mods listed above are open source licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 . The code can found here:
    where anyone can post issues and pull requests.

2. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Thanks for letting me know. :) Now all I need is... Shotbow's edition of REI's minimap with no radar (or an official update, which isn't going to happen).

Shotbow, you updated for 1.8, now what about 1.9?! @Aoife updated it, I believe. Save us!!
  3. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    You're absolutely right with sooner :stuck_out_tongue:
    Unfortunately there are some problems
    • Rei didn't didn't release his code in a permissive licence - modifying and republishing his code would be a breach of the licence conditions.
    • The original source is not available as the availability was not intended by Rei. We would have to rely on decompilings.
    • Rei's minimap is quite a resource hog and often reduces the frame rate - more efficient algorithm have been found in between.
    • I don't think the latest 1.7.2 linked version of Rei's map can be adapted to 1.9 with a shim but deep modifications aren't allowed by the licence.
    In fact I was thinking about forking an active minimap mod and modify it to meet the Shotbow requirements. But I rather think that we don't need a minimap on Shotbow anymore as
    • It would somewhat undermine the concept that no mods are required to join games at Shotbow
    • After a couple of times you don't need a minimap anymore as you can orient yourself on landmarks.
  4. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    I'd really love it (and I'm sure many others would) if you made this. It's the map mod I use the most on any server (including Shotbow :))... please!
  5. Mersid Regular Member

XP:
    114,574xp
    I still wanna learn to code.... too bad Java looks so damn messy.
  6. Mersid Regular Member

XP:
    114,574xp
    Should add a method to disable the 1.9 potion effect boxes on top right. :)
  7. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    o_O Disable the effect display? This is why you load StatusEffectHUD.
    Are you trying to report a bug? Could you be more specific?
  8. Mersid Regular Member

XP:
    114,574xp
  9. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    I understand. The status effect HUD is built in from version 1.9 on, like in the pocket version.

I'll have a look onto that.
  10. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    Mistri and UnqualifiedNoob like this.
  11. Mersid Regular Member

XP:
    114,574xp
    Mods are broken. Core will cause error and crash when run.
  12. Mersid Regular Member

XP:
    114,574xp
    Anyone know how to update these mods? I don't know how to put the bspkrs core mod and the other mods together so that Eclipse wont throw errors... nor do I exactly know how to update the mods, but that's another matter.