1. We are currently offline because we are rolling out a new system to help us defend against attackers. We apologize for the inconvenience and are thankful for your understanding.

2. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

3. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Servers State of Shotbow

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Murgatron, May 12, 2019.

Servers - State of Shotbow
  1. Murgatron Network Lead

XP:
    6,004,073,328xp
    [IMG]

Hello everyone,

For the past few months we've been experiencing intermittent downtime and connection instability. The current state of our server is due to persistent, daily ongoing DDOS attacks. We have a plan with several steps in mind to resolve this. Whilst these attacks were frustrating we have managed to maintain some uptime on Shotbow for our games to be playable.

Sadly in the past week we have seen an escalation of these attacks to the point where Shotbow is unreachable for hours at a time, several times a day.

Since these attacks started several months ago we have been in touch with our current hosts to investigate these attacks and provide updated mitigation against them. Unfortunately all efforts, from both sides, have been unsuccessful so far.

Our host is currently moving us to a new system which we hope will null and void these attacks. We have been making steady progress migrating to the new system - however we have encountered some issues getting setup on the new system. We have been in contact with our host every single day to get solutions to bugs and issues we are running into.

I am now pleased to confirm that we are now in a position where we are confident the system is in the final steps before being ready to go live - final preparations and checks are currently underway to ensure no unforeseen consequences.

If this new system does not work out however, moving hosts is not off the table. There would be additional expense and would this would also result in 100% downtime for several days whilst we migrated.

I hope this clarifies where we are for everyone and what our plans are to get Shotbow back up and stable.

The last week has been exhausting for us. We just want to have Shotbow up and running so we can play, host events and generally just have a good time.

I will update this post below if there are any further developments, as well as posting it as a reply to this thread.

We're not giving up on this fight, no matter what we need to do.

On behalf of the Leadership of Shotbow
    ~Murg

Edit:

Update - 18th May 2019

Hello everyone,

Sadly we are still encountering connection issues with the new system that our current host has moved us to. We are still reviewing what else can be done at this time with the system but we are also exploring other options as a backup plan.

It's been a frustrating week for us to apparently be so close to a solution for us to encounter further issues at the last moment. Again we just want Shotbow back up for everyone to play on and the entire leadership team, including HighlifeTTU, is involved day and night to find a way forward.

Thanks for sticking with us during this downtime. It sucks and we hope that will be able to get things back to normal as soon as possible. We'll let you know if we have any definite dates.

The fight continues.

~Murg

2. Hollow_Leg Gold

XP:
    220,426xp
  3. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    131,194xp
    Sleep well. You're going to need it.
  4. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    28,828xp
  5. Sevadra Gold

XP:
    247,483xp
    Bout time this gets addressed (and no that doesn't mean I don't understand that the team's been working hard at it for a while, before any SJW's (Shotbow Justice Warriors) come and eat my ass about it), but good luck to yall with it. It's unfair for you guys to have to deal with this thing consistently.
    Fluffoon likes this.
  6. MCDuckler Platinum

XP:
    301,960xp
    I know I've had my differences with SB in the past, but seeing this is just sad. You guys are putting lots of effort into this and this bastard is ruining it. I really hope you guys can resolve this soon, best of luck :)
    Fluffoon and ChickenMac7 like this.
  7. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    34,596xp
    I find the picture kinda funny...
  8. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    570,600xp
    Buying more "merch" does that help?
    gaelic likes this.
  9. Flexicution Platinum

XP:
    74,196xp
    as long as you guys are (actively) working on it, take your time and do it right.
    Fluffoon likes this.
  10. ChickenMac7 Platinum

XP:
    9,461xp
    I don't understand the mentality of people who DDOS. Do they have nothing better to do with their time? I dunno, seems dumb...
  11. Lord_Aaron Platinum

XP:
    113,071xp
    Thanks for the transparency, good luck to the team.
    Fluffoon likes this.
  12. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    131,194xp
    Well, its so easy and automatable, you just need to harbor resentment. Some people do it for empowerment, pretty much at a complete lack of logic or empathy. So yes, it is inherently dumb.
    Mistri, ChickenMac7 and Fluffoon like this.
  13. GangmemberHNS Platinum

XP:
    117,504xp
  14. gaelic Silver

XP:
    5,295xp
    I don't even see the point of DDOSing shotbow, there's nothing to gain from attacking a small community.
    Fluffoon, Mistri and ChickenMac7 like this.
  15. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    131,194xp
    Read posts please.
  16. Hollow_Leg Gold

XP:
    220,426xp
    Wonder who’s been ddosing
  17. Ruined_Fort Silver

XP:
    51,014xp
    XP Code for our troubles? :wink: