1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Spy Buff

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by xCreeperSweeperx, Jan 26, 2015.

Suggestion - Spy Buff
?

Would you like to see these buffs implemented?

Yes 5 vote(s) 41.7%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Smoke Bomb, disguise is OP! 6 vote(s) 50.0%
Disguise, Smoke Bomb is OP! 1 vote(s) 8.3%
  1. turbo_monk Gold

XP:
    18,123xp
    Now I know what you're probably thinking. Crap, someone is making a suggestion about a class. Oh dear god it's Creeper! You'll get cooties!

Not quite. I remember not too long ago, Spy having a damage bonus of around 35 percent from behind, which was passed over to Assassin at a percentage I do not know.

I'll keep this post short and sweet.

Spy currently shifts, and turns invisible. Boom. Shebam. Pow.
    While this is pretty cool if you use it right, it's a very weak class in some cases, but isn't really too bad.

So here's the two part buff I am proposing.

-A smoke bomb, giving enemies within 8 blocks of the Spy blindness for 5 seconds.
    Here's the trick, the Spy gets the effect too. The idea is that the Spy would vanish after activating it, or try to run away.
    EDIT: To prevent combat use, the Spy gets 6 seconds, and the victims get 4 seconds.
    40 second cool down?

Now this one I'm a bit skeptical about myself, but it was just a bit of an idea.

-Spy can change the color of their armor and name tag for a amount of time. However, you cannot vanish during this time, and once hit, you are revealed.
    60 second cool down?

Thanks for reading, constructed criticism is embraced.
    Braiti likes this.

2. SandblastPvP Gold

XP:
    14,680xp
    Smoke bomb sounds like a great idea, however, disguise is a bit op.
  3. ShaneandRyan Platinum

XP:
    290,828xp
    If I am not mistaken, they were planning on giving spy for the update, but obviously didn't. Not sure if it was too complicated or too OP.

But the smoke bomb would be absolutely fantastic. It would be viable both defensively and offensively.
    xCreeperSweeperx likes this.
  4. Alzi Silver

XP:
    27,138xp
    Smoke bomb should be put to 6 seconds for the spy and 4 for the others. Else you could take a full diamond pretty easily by getting a few teammates.
  5. aet2505 Developer

XP:
    68,717xp
    A smoke bomb active sounds really cool and was actually on the cards as murgatron suggested it to me as well. Hopefully will clear out anni issues this week
  6. turbo_monk Gold

XP:
    18,123xp
    Editing. :wink:
  7. bchaikovsky Silver

XP:
    18,289xp
    Whatever happened to the disguise ability? They really had my hopes up there.
  8. Celariel Gold

XP:
    245,470xp
    I think the admins either thought it was op (Which it kinda was from reading the patch notes) or there was a glitch with it.