1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix [SPOILERS] New dungeon under construction?

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Benjamaster7, Jan 13, 2018.

No Prefix - [SPOILERS] New dungeon under construction?
  1. Benjamaster7 Regular Member

XP:
    159,061xp
    A little while ago I was venturing down into the cave system to check out the obsidian monolith, and near it was a siphon. I swam through it and ended up in a cave that went straight up. It ended in a blue dome, and it looked like it was possible to parkour up there. There were two very hard jumps that I couldn't make so I just gave up.

Next time I went there, I swam up to the top of a water stream and saw that it kept going up, but the water stopped. It was a 1x1 shaft that seemed to go up to a lake but the lake water did not empty into the shaft because it was stopped by a trap door. I then marked the coordinates and went to the surface at the same X and Z to see if there was a lake, but nothing was there.

And the last time I went there, the siphon was closed off. I think this could be a new dungeon because
    a) The water stream I was looking up through was probably an exit
    b) The cave going straight up to the dome was probably an entrance
    c) They closed it off so that players wouldn't get there while it was being constructed
    d) The only way up to get to and from the "lake" that is above the cave system seems to be through a dead end in the cave system. And there seem to be a lot of dungeons at dead ends, like Devil's Respite and the Krubera Vault. The obsidian monolith, therefore, could be a marker for a new underground town. And maybe all of the obsidian monoliths are markers for new locations?
    ManHeadRambo likes this.

2. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp

It's known.
    suitaso and Aexon like this.
  3. Goliac Gold

XP:
    318,847xp
    It was probably closed because you already attemped on that server.
  4. Benjamaster7 Regular Member

XP:
    159,061xp
    Thanks for the info. I guess I just missed the build change log. I kinda hope they build a town at the obsidian monolith like there are towns next to the other dungeons in the cave.

Also, what a coincidence! The first time I travelled there was on January 7, which was when it was added. I must have visited there right after they built it without even knowing.
  5. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp
    Also, the dungeon is closed ATM, the admin that built it (senoc44) is remaking the last room upon community request :)
    Goliac likes this.