1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Splash str2 has to go. There is absolutely NO doubt about it. Read.

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by BeatBoxCow, Dec 19, 2013.

Other - Splash str2 has to go. There is absolutely NO doubt about it. Read.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    Certain groups are becoming more and more hated on the forums and in-game for several reasons. The main root of the hatred comes from the use of splash str2. Basically it only takes one splash potion to give 15-20 people the ability to 3 shot most enemies. This tactic definitely does not meet my expectations when it comes to balance.

Someone who uses this strategy on the regular has 300+ wins. This goes to show exactly how unstoppable they are with this. You can jump in a game, gather a group of 10-20 people, splash them with a single str2, and absolutely wreak havok. I 100% believe it takes little to no skill. Yes, there's the entire "planning" method. But when you have 300+ wins it's obvious that planning isn't a problem and the strategy is easy to complete.

You may argue that clans are SUPPOSED to use this kind of team work, and the best team should always win. That is true. The best team should always win. One problem. This strategy can make ANY team the best team. When it's just rinsing and repeating the same old EASY AND CHEAP tactic over and over, it no longer becomes qualified as fair team work. It becomes a group of people using a highly unfair game mechanic over and over and over and over...

I've played several games with these guys; people who make splash str2 and rush the enemy. Every single time I play with people who use splash str2, that team wins the game. EVERY TIME. There's no hope for the enemy when a clan decides to use splash str2. Absolutely NO HOPE. It's become depressingly OP and needs the attention of developers ASAP.

I am speaking from an unbiased view. This isn't a rage thread because I got killed by one of these rushes. I have attacked with several splash str2 rushes and defended against several splash str2 rushes. Both times the splash str2 rushers won. It is PAINFUL as to how unbalanced splash str2 is.

The people who think this is fair are biased. I am 99% sure they have never been rushed by 20+ enemies using str2.

2. StolenStars Obsidian

XP:
    60,826xp
    I say it should not be removed because you can counter strength rushes with classes (bloodmage, succubus, etc) and weakness/poison/instant damage pots.
    I was rushing with my team once... right after we splashed our "so op pls nerf" str2 pots, we got attacked by one leather who threw a instant damage and poison pot at us. 3/5 of us died lol.
    Just have spies with splash pots guarding and that'll defend off a rush.
  3. Ze_Fake_Cheese Silver

XP:
    29,824xp
    Str 2 is OP, but there are ways to counter it. In my opinion it gives someone for players to mine to get and adds a ton of fun to the game , whether I get kills or die to it I still like it.
    RonyRulesAll and terkosaurus like this.
  4. Anon_one1 Gold

XP:
    12,552xp
    i too have been on both sides, but you are right i have been rushed by 20+ str rushers... i have never been rushed by 20+ rushers unless there was a tp, but im not here to argue here is what i think about this proposal though.
    if you take splash str II away people will complain about the other splash, then those get taken away, then people will be complaining about potions in general, and potions will go. now im not saying this will happen but it is how things like this tend to work. i dont think its fair if there is a group of 20 people str splashing running around but if yuo are targeting just one group of 20 out of 5000 you begin to hurt the players who splash with 1-2 other friends, i think it should stay and i think it will stay. just my thoughts.

just realized that i made splashing sound like we are doing drugs lol
    Diamond_Hunter49 likes this.
  5. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    You didn't read the thread. I'm not talking about str2 getting removed, I'm talking about SPLASH str2.
    Of course there are ways to counter people with the potion. But there sure isn't when there's an entire army of them.
  6. Aeriform Regular Member

XP:
    14,105xp
    Don't say bloodmage or succubus can counter this, because YES,

one bloodmage or succubus can counter TEN strength rushers. #logic
  7. Balance Platinum

XP:
    25,218xp
    Completely talking about us, we played a couple games with you today, lol! I 100% agree, but until it is fixed, it is easily one of the best strats. It can get a little difficult, however, when your pick isn't at least effish III and their nexus health his full. You can run out of strength rather quick.

Also, this strategy was completely nerfed for us when we aren't allowed to put TPs in an enemies base. It is a lot harder to do under the time limit.
    And if you are going to take away strength II splash, strength I splash extended needs to go also, it is just as OP.

But anyways, we never rush with anything more than 5 people. We keep our roster rather small, you know. :wink:
    MegaSpongebob42 likes this.
  8. Ze_Fake_Cheese Silver

XP:
    29,824xp
    You misunderstood my comment, if a group of 7 iron guys come and kill me then so what, it's not like they couldn't take me if they didn't have the potions 7 a group or clan of people is still a group or clan of people, they have a minute of power and then they are easy to take out with a couple team-mates.
  9. StolenStars Obsidian

XP:
    60,826xp
    Clearly you don't have the class or just aren't good at it :/ I just said counter it with these classes... not one person out of the whole team go bloodmage lol. Ten strength rushers isn't going to kill you if you know how to counter it. But obviously, people are too lazy to defend or make pots.
    fattyxsnipezZ likes this.
  10. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    Please, think for one second. You just said... 10 str2 rushers are not going to kill you if you know how to counter it.
    Was there ever a specific time when you went up against 10 str2 rushers and WON? I highly doubt it. I really, really do.
    Something tells me you're biased and part of the group who actually uses this strategy. Otherwise, you'd look at it and say, "yeah, this is unfair." I think it's foolish of you to defend something so obviously OP.
  11. StolenStars Obsidian

XP:
    60,826xp
    so obviously op? you're kidding me, right? it's not at all op. it's what makes the game fun. if we take it out, it would make the game a bit more boring and you wouldn't be able to rush as a team (because you can't splash). make your own str2 splash. & yes I use this strategy since it's fun and you can rush with many people. & yeah we actually defended off 10 str2 rushers but then again, I'm in a clan so we know what's coming and we're ready to defend it off.
  12. Patwhit01 Gold

XP:
    18,972xp
    agreed 100%. though IMO, strength II should be removed entirely :/ what's wrong with strength I? it still boosts damage highly but isn't an instant "gg no re" for the attackers.
    MegaSpongebob42 likes this.
  13. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    Thanks for proving my point. You use the strategy so you don't want it to get removed. 100% biased.
    I also notice you're rank 15 on the leaderboard for nexus damage and you have 184 wins. Gee, I wonder where those kind of stats came from.
  14. SinOf7 Platinum

XP:
    1,164xp
    cause Normal players are going to know how to make str pots and stuff at phase 2 ? and not much people have bloodmage or succubus on their top priorities list of classes, when a new player comes into anni and get str rushed by 15-20 iron guys what do they think 'QUIT' . and even active members 'QUIT' why because they 'Balanced' classes yet people find more 'Op' ways to make it go their way

Have you even tried to go against this ? a team of 15-20 str rushers at phase 2, i think not …
  15. StormAerospace Platinum

XP:
    300,330xp
    BS.

Yes it is.

Something people continually fail to understand: Powerful does NOT mean unbalanced. Otherwise isn't diamond armor unbalanced too because a diamond armor guy can kill 3-4 leathers?

You sound worse than a novice politician, like one of those ranters on YouTube who makes BS claims with zero evidence while trying to sound smart. Everyone is biased. You are biased. Anyone who denies being biased is still biased.

So is losing the game.
    Zentz01, wx30ben, 97WaterPolo and 4 others like this.
  16. Patwhit01 Gold

XP:
    18,972xp
    defending strength II splash for "not being op" is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

"DEEEEERP imA UsE maH kLen to do A 20 MaN sTRength II rUSH iN fAze 2!! its NoT oP bEcUZ u cAN CoUNteR Our Full pRot IV iren ArMOR from our EnchNTur with BooOWs And BloODmag And SuCuBUS, and if W eWIN U jusT sUK GG nO rE sKIDS!!!!! #teemSt00pid"
  17. StolenStars Obsidian

XP:
    60,826xp
    if you are using my stats to try to prove how op str2 splash is, that won't work. since my nexus damage came from invis rushing (so op wow pls nerf). do you think everything is biased? it's not. i simply just don't think it should be removed just because people lose games from a strategy that works.
  18. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    Those are the worse counter arguments I have ever seen. Dismissed.
  19. StolenStars Obsidian

XP:
    60,826xp
    at least try to be mature when discussing about the removal of str2 splash? a clan can't all have protection 4 armor by phase 2 anyways lol.
  20. StolenStars Obsidian

XP:
    60,826xp
    I know he's being "sarcastic" but this is a serious thread since people always bring up how op str2 is in general.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.