1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

So when's the server going to die?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Katnip___, Apr 21, 2017.

So when's the server going to die?
?

Bets

Tomorrow 0 vote(s) 0.0%
A Week 0 vote(s) 0.0%
A Month 0 vote(s) 0.0%
2 Months 1 vote(s) 14.3%
3 Months 1 vote(s) 14.3%
4 Months 0 vote(s) 0.0%
5 Months 0 vote(s) 0.0%
6 Months 1 vote(s) 14.3%
Between 6 Months and 1 Year 1 vote(s) 14.3%
1 Year 2 vote(s) 28.6%
I am in denial. 1 vote(s) 14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Priscilla_ Silver

XP:
    48,490xp
    Taking bets.

2. Filianore_ Regular Member

XP:
    8,327xp
    Bye Bye shotbow nice knowing you guys.
  3. Priscilla_ Silver

XP:
    48,490xp
    It was a good server, Rest in peace.
  4. Fluffoon Retired Staff

XP:
    451,096xp
    So when are these threads going to stop popping up ?
    Sadly never.
  5. Priscilla_ Silver

XP:
    48,490xp
    Lets be honest, they have dropped more than half of their game modes. Of the ones that are left 3 are dead, and based off the responses I have received when I have talked to people in game, players are getting bored with the ones that remain.

With the exception of Vadact/Qubion, the game modes on Shotbow have developed a pretty toxic community that has driven away all but the dedicated players. And these dedicated players spend all day practicing with each other, and creating groups. This leads to a community where the average player is highly skilled in pvp, and has a large group of friends who are skilled. Additionally many of these clans treat the game very seriously and treat their less skilled members with disdain, fostering a hostile and toxic community. New players cannot survive in this environment set by these dedicated players, they will struggle to earn even basic equipment, and will be taunted for this inability. This will cause them to become frustrated and leave, which I am sure you have witnessed.

In my opinion if Shotbow wanted to save their server they would need to create more games that foster a community. For example in MineZ an unskilled player could heal you just the same as a pvp god, which creates a usefulness in keeping anyone alive. Or Wasted where a player could easily find team members who would be loyal and would be willing to work towards a goal with you. Sadly though it appears that Shotbow is at the point where they no longer have funds to develop games and have instead decided to allocate their remaining funds towards prolonging the server's death.

Rest in peace Shotbow, you were a wonderful server, and you will be missed.:heart:
  6. Fluffoon Retired Staff

XP:
    451,096xp
    All you said is true, however I think you are rushing bit too much with the conclusions :)
  7. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Nope they will never stop :/
  8. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
    they dropped modes because they have no staff. threads like this do nothing to help shotbow. they just create more negativity.
  9. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Agreed, I cant like messages so yea xd
  10. Priscilla_ Silver

XP:
    48,490xp
    I'm not sure what part of this thread made you think that I thought Shotbow could be helped, or that my thread was supposed to help Shotbow. But you are right it won't.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.