1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Slaughter Suggestions

Discussion in 'Slaughter' started by Canadian_moose, Mar 1, 2015.

Slaughter Suggestions
  1. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    As most of you know, slaughter was re-added to the arrow arcade and is now playable again. I have a ton of suggestions to add to this gamemode.

Kits:
    Im pretty sure Shotbow was planning on adding kits before slaughter was removed. Anyway here our my ideas for kits.

Settler:
    Price-Free
    Starts with 5 gold.

Knight:
    Price-Kill 2000 mobs
    Starts with a wood sword that will upgrade to stone, iron then diamond.
    Wood to Stone = 30 kills
    Stone to Iron = 150 kills
    Iron to Diamond = 300 kills

Archer
    Price-Kill 50 mobs with a bow
    Starts with an infinity 1 bow and an arrow

Healer
    Price-Win one game of slaughter
    Every round, the healer get a weak healing potion. Can heal other players by right clicking them with a healing potion.
    Starting at wave 15, the healer gets a potion of healing 2 instead at the end of a wave.

Merchant
    Price-20 000xp
    Gets a 20% discount when buying anything (excluding doors). Also has a higher chance of getting double gold.

Tank
    Price-20 000xp
    Spawns with a gold chestplate. Permanent resistance 1.

Necromancer
    Price-20 000xp
    All weapons he uses get smite 2.

Barbarian
    Price-20 000xp
    Spawns with stone axe instead of wood sword. Deals extra knockback.

Farmer
    Price 20 000xp
    Loeses Hunger twice as slow. Starts with a 1 Stamina potion.

More items:
    Weak regeneration potion- 6 gold
    Regeneration potion- 15 gold (Regen 2)
    Iron golem- 40 gold (Summons an iron golem to fight for you)
    Rotten flesh-5 gold (when eaten, attracts mobs to you)
    Weak Stamina Potion-4 gold
    Stamina Potion-8 gold
    Other stuff
    -Mobs have a chance of dropping more than 1 gold, depends on the level of the mob.
    -Mobs have a chance of dropping weak health potion, leather armour, swords, and speed potions.
    -Add more maps :)
    -Add more mobs like wither skeletons, armoured zombies, witches, sheep, charged creepers, zombie pigmen and baby zombie pigmen
    -Add a final boss on wave 24, Maybe 700 mobs and a wither/herobrine
    -Expand the darkness map
    -Add stats that show mobs killed and wins

XP:
    -4 xp per wave
    -100 xp for a win

2. AardvarkGoatMan Gold

XP:
    5,134xp
  3. Vegan_Atheist Platinum

XP:
    227,076xp
    I like the class suggestions!

I think Knight should just have +1 damage like warrior in Anni.

I like Tank with resistance 1, but I feel like it needs a debuff. Maybe runs out of hunger faster?

Farmer...change name to something else, like Runner?
  4. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    My two suggestions:

Bats.

Stamina potion: Each level slows it down more.
    1. Slows down to half speed (~1 second hunger loss to ~2 second hunger loss) - 4 gold
    2. Slows down 1/3 (~3 seconds hunger loss) - 16 gold
    Or a kit that makes you lose stamina slower, with a usable buff to stop stamina loss for 5 seconds (farmer seems a bit OP).

I'd also like for item payment balance, since some of the items are way too expensive (seriously, full diamond is 260 + 50 for sword).
  5. MOAB4leader Platinum

XP:
    43,986xp
    All of these YES YES YES
    The knight tho ummm the kills must be raised I have gotten 80 kills with in four rounds sooo.
  6. Sanguinarius Platinum

XP:
    163,587xp
    :I Slaughter is not a gamemode (it's in the arrow arcade) so it should have lower prices on xp classes...
    other then that this is good...
  7. Chessmaniack_0 Emerald

XP:
    6,673xp
    I feel like Slaughter has potential to be much bigger than is it right now if a hypetrain hit.
  8. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    I like these ideas, but don't make them kits make them items you buy in-game with gold. The idea of Slaughter is to slowly level up along with items you get. If you can just buy your way up it would be "Pay2Win".
    Aktikon likes this.
  9. Bluigi2 Regular Member

XP:
    101,633xp
    ^What Braiti said.

Or, instead of a class it could be a really random event where you get the "class." Something like you kill a mob and it has a very slight chance of giving you (and only you) a class after Wave 5+ or something.
    Maybe like:

THAT MONSTER <Insert Name Here> JUST MURDERED A LITTLE PUPPY. NOW'S HE'S A NECROMANCER.
    Braiti likes this.
  10. Chessmaniack_0 Emerald

XP:
    6,673xp
    I feel like the game needs a bit more of a competitive aspect. I will post more later regarding this.
  11. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    Takes deep breath...
    Added stamina potions and Nerfed farmer.

Bats will probably be realy hard to find at the end of rounds though. Unless they added a compass to show the nearest mob or something.

I do agree that some items need to cost less. I have got full diamond but it is expensive. They should also change golden apples to cost 10 gold because they really only give two hearts of regen and two temporary hearts.

The axes also cost a lot but I think they should be buffed rather than lowered in price.

Kills raised for knights. I dont know if their exact; I would like the knight to get an iron sword 2 waves before most people buy theirs. Same with diamond Might need to be changed if tested.

I put the classes the same as ghostcraft. Slaughter actually has more people then ghostcraft, and the games are longer.

Isn't the idea of annihilation and MineZ to slowly level up? Theirs a reason for an xp shop, and a reason you get xp from gamemodes. If you cant buy anything in slaughter with xp, why earn xp? This doesn't just apply to slaughter.

Also I think the real goal and idea of slaughter is to work as a team. I haven't to this day one a game of slaughter by myself. Theirs also a reason you cant attack teammates. You will probably lose if you do not have any teammates. That's the idea behind the kits. If one person lets say goes healer, he can help his teammates by healing them.

I get what you are saying but I would rather not their be any competition inside the game. Maybe a leaderboard with stats?
  12. Jamer_theGamer Regular Member

XP:
    29,007xp
    Only problem with that is is the fact that Slaughter is apparently really glitchy right now.
    The first time I went after the reboot, it was fine-ish (bit of lag), but every time afterwards, the signs were either glitched or the game was stuck on Wave 1. :L
  13. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    That's due to the 1.8 client if I'm correct. I personally don't get lag when playing on it, so that might be just your internet acting up (my internet will also cause lag for me while on Slaughter occasionally).

That's really the only issue with Slaughter at the moment. I mean there are still a few other bugs that need to be fixed as well, but it's easily fixable at the moment with a reboot. I'm sure the staff will get around to fixing it... eventually.
  14. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I remember someone (Piti?) saying there's gonna be an update soon... some bugfixes and stuff, some new stuff?
  15. Chessmaniack_0 Emerald

XP:
    6,673xp
    Alright, here's my final suggestions.

First of all, I've been thinking about what people said about increasing competitiveness without having in-team fighting, so I think that there should be a leaderboard with the top times to clear the final wave, as well as the team names, or, alternately, an endless mode where players could try to survive as long as possible, with the top waves listed.

Secondly, I think that there should be classes, but rather than buying classes, teams should be randomly assigned a class each battle. I think that there should be 8 random classes (list is at the bottom of the post) that each should have a dynamic effect on gameplay, with a MAX OF ONE of each class per game. The monsters should also receive a buff, which will force players to play the strengths of their class and their team.

Finally, I think that for each wave players clear, each player should receive 1 XP for each mob they kill, 5 XP per wave clear, and 100 XP for clearing the current win level, 25.

Classes:
    Tank: Resistance 1, has a maximum of 14 hearts, but cannot sprint and recieves slowness one
    Archer: Starts with a knockback 2, power 1 bow and sixteen arrows instead of a wooden sword.
    Brawler: Deals 1 more damage per hit.
    Scout: Permanent speed 1.
    Trader: Can drop gold to other players. Starts with 12 hearts.
    Merchant: Mobs killed have a 25% chance to drop triple gold.
    Slayer: Deals 2 extra damage to monsters with more than 5 hearts.
    Healer: Starts with 2 bandages that give regeneration II for 8 seconds that renew at the start of every wave.
    The healer can left-click to use on himself and right-click to use on other players.

Cheers,
    Chess.
  16. Canadian_moose Gold

XP:
    19,768xp
    I like your ideas but their are a couple problems.

If kits are random, people will just leave and join new games to get the kit they want. Since slaughter is a small game, their will usually be open games. Also anyone can drop gold to other players already.

Secondly thats way to much xp. I just played a game where I killed more than 1000 mobs with strength 2. With just Platinum I could get well over 3000 xp a game. Also the win level is 24 (their isnt a wave 24 but it says their is) That would be way to much xp for a game you cant even use the xp for. I usually only get one third of that in an anni game which is 3 times longer.
  17. Goldblade Retired Staff

XP:
    233,036xp
    Yep, we're far from done with Slaughter.
  18. Chessmaniack_0 Emerald

XP:
    6,673xp
    Hey, I just want to say, PLEASE remove Endermen. They teleport to unreachable places (often outside the maps) after falling into water. I was stuck on wave 14, with one Enderman left, for 25 minutes. Then I jumped into the shaft out of boredom.
  19. Goldblade Retired Staff

XP:
    233,036xp
    Piti101 has been fixing problems with the maps and mobs getting stuck. This should no longer happen in Darkness after the next update of the game.
  20. JustSnowy Platinum

XP:
    380,769xp

Not sure if it's a bug/if it's been fixed already but enderman were able to pick up blocks and also place them down..