1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Since the mobs keep getting stuck...

Discussion in 'Slaughter' started by Ivandagiant, May 29, 2016.

Since the mobs keep getting stuck...
?

Remove spiders and/or replace them with something else?

Yes 6 vote(s) 66.7%
No 3 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    ...why not remove the spiders? I hate having to wait for the mobs to relocate- I feel like removing the spiders would fix half of the instances that this happens! Replace them with zombie pigman or something- just as long as they can't climb walls or fly, I don't think it would be getting stuck as often.

2. HeirAberrant Regular Member

XP:
    5,270xp
    Pain felt, dude. Many times I've flipped out because that one damn spiders went to the top of the well on catacombs. I'd definitely like to see them replaced with pigmen or wither skeletons.
    Ivandagiant likes this.
  3. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp
    Yes, and no.. I just think they should remove the last 5 when the cave spider wave happens, Slaughter mini admins need to be a thing too, they just arent working on slaughter at all
  4. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    Replace the spiders, with horses!
  5. WobbleWalrus Silver

XP:
    283,751xp
    A horse should be like the final boss.
  6. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    A walrus should be.
    Kelestami likes this.
  7. WobbleWalrus Silver

XP:
    283,751xp
    I mean yes but like, Shotbow isn't THAT open to ideas so I was going for something more realistic. Also then I would feel like I was a traitor.
    Not_Botifier and Kelestami like this.
  8. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    :(
  9. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    To teleport the monsters at a specific place in the map when there are 5 left would be cool, because if you remove spiders, Clolk glade (for example) would become easy while it was one of the hardest.
  10. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    Because it's a bad fix.
    This is the same sort of bad fix as in MineZ, where the devs are unable to fix a dupe bug, so they nerf legendaries to cover it up.

Mobs should only be relocated to positions which allow an attack path. It's not complicated as the server API supports pathfinding.

But we all know - if something at Shotbow requires touching the code, it will never happen. :zbanghead:

This is really tragic, as Slaughter could really be an attractive game if someone at Shotbow would be in a position to take care of it.
  11. HeirAberrant Regular Member

XP:
    5,270xp
    Slaughter does need a little more attention, because right now nobody really pays attention to it. Which needs to happen, because there are a few hackers that use the game to get XP. There could also be way more slaughter maps too.

Also /report doesn't work on Slaughter...
  12. WobbleWalrus Silver

XP:
    283,751xp
    So yesterday a couple people and I tried to play some Slaughter. There were two maps running, both with 8 people in them so I tried to make a new one. Got a message about waiting for maps or spawn to load, waited, waited, nothing, waited, complained, waited, nothing. Tried again later that night, again, didn't work. Talked to other people who were playing in a game that had died down some, they said they didn't wanna play this map but they couldn't start another one. What is wrong with it?
  13. Pico4 Regular Member

XP:
    11,746xp
    I understand why you want to remove cave spiders, but why not make them drop after 5 seconds or something? It's just a way easier solution than having to go through each wave and change the mobs that spawn.