1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Shotbow Security Needs To Be Improved

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by DxGEG, Feb 23, 2017.

Other - Shotbow Security Needs To Be Improved
  1. TDPearl Regular Member

XP:
    12,689xp
    The shotbow network is a good server.

Player with premium account can join

But not for cracked player.

But there are still a lot of hacker everywhere

I found out:
    1.nexus are destroyed by unknown because they are invisible and cant be hit
    2.someone flying in the air omg.
    3.hackers now can walk on water

These problems are serious.
    Shotbow needs to improve their security.
    -prevent hackers from flying and walk on water
    -and other hack

If the staff didn't fix it, im sure there will many players quit shotbow because i see on chat they were rage like hell because their nexus destroyed by unknown.

2. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    The staff are trying hard to fix it. Trust me. They'll ban anyone. These issues are aware, so just use /report <player> and you'll be fine. If you are too impatient you can always get an admin from somewhere. But otherwise use /report.
    Usually people can see the nametag. If you can't though, the team who has the hacker can. They can see who is damaging the nexus. You can ask what the hackers name is and report the player. But I agree that some administrators are inactive but mostly they will be active.
    If you think you could do better and ban all of em, then apply for an admin, or be very helpful to the community.
  3. SirPineapplez Regular Member

XP:
    20,659xp
    I agree. I saw many hackers with speed mining hacks, invisibility hacks, and more. But I just simply /rp them.
  4. HungerHealer Silver

XP:
    19,178xp
    Id find it impressive that nocheat cant detect some of thoae agressive hacks. Ive seen people walking on water etc myself. And id get placed back when I jump with assassin or acrobat and kicked for moving in strange ways.
    Is shotbows custom nocheat outdated or something?
  5. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

We are aware of fast breaking block cheats (referred to as nuker) and we do have checks for this. It is an arms race however between us developing fixes for new bypasses that hacked client developers have created. We're working on patches for this. In the meantime you can add a comment to any combat / movement hack with /c telling us that someone is using nuker in your game.

Invisibility hacks do not exist - it is likely they are sneaking/crouching out of sight.
    DutchBartje and AquaKillsWaffles like this.
  6. Evonoucono Regular Member

XP:
    14,282xp
    Developing a no cheat with classes like acrobat, scout, assassin, vampire, etc make it near impossible to stop a lot of the cheats that exist. Flying and speed mods are probably not going away any time soon. Trust me, I've been programming with bukkit a long time, it's hard to detect the difference between something like a launchpad and movement hacks.