1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Shotbow Mod - What features should it have?

Discussion in 'The Network' started by iinsu, May 1, 2018.

No Prefix - Shotbow Mod - What features should it have?
  1. iinsu Regular Member

XP:
    139,624xp
    Hey guys!
    I'm working on a minecraft forge mod that adds features especially for shotbow. I want it to be useful for all games, but as i don't play all games (I almost only play SMASH and MTA) it would be nice if someone could suggest features i should add.
    The mod will go into the direction of client side functions that you can disable/enable whenever you need them.
    These features would be for example things like filtering the chat and hiding messages like the "Tip" Messages in MTA that you don't need as an experienced player, hiding the scanners text messages from the main chat in MTA and displaying them in a better looking way somewhere else, having an SBXP counter somewhere on the screen, a menu where you can see how many players each gamemode has etc., in general just tweaks that make certain gamemodes more enjoyable while not giving you any advantage. Once it's finished i will release it for free on the forums if anyone would like to use it.

Features will be looking like this
    https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/anni-xp-custom-forge-mod.379006/
    https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/sungod-mta-client.380785/
    Ingavar, noobfan, Fridge2177 and 4 others like this.

2. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    Sounds awesome :heart:
    First idea I have is for annihilation and the boss buff, a timer to count down when the buff is ready again and how long it has been up for.
    It’s something I’ve often wished for :3
    gaelic likes this.
  3. MCDuckler Platinum

XP:
    310,131xp
    My client got mentioned :heart:
    I can help you with some things or give you the code for my MTA tweaks if you want them :D

Gesendet von meinem SM-A500FU mit Tapatalk
  4. ProjectMovieZ Regular Member

XP:
    53,592xp
    It would be great if you could include some sort of Minimap mod, like Rei's Minimap, as it's really useful for MineZ.
  5. iinsu Regular Member

XP:
    139,624xp
    that's something I'm sure i can implement, however i will probably need to play a few rounds anni before doing that so that i know how it should work lol
    yeah I'm probably going to contact you one day about that, thanks :D
    Well i think it would be a waste of time to write a whole minimap as there are, as you mentioned, already good working minimaps out there and you can easily use them with my mod because of forge. But it's a good idea and it's not said yet that i will never implement something that somehow interacts with the map :D

Anyways thank you for all the responses! :*
  6. ProjectMovieZ Regular Member

XP:
    53,592xp
    Problem with Rei's is that it's outdated. They stopped updating it back in 1.7 I believe so it's no longer compatible with Shotbow as far as I'm aware. Of course coding a new minimap from ground work is no small feat, so I don't expect you to be capable of doing that, but it'd be fantastic to have of course.
  7. iinsu Regular Member

XP:
    139,624xp
    You should try Xaero's minimap. Worked super well for me the last time i tried it.
    gaelic and ProjectMovieZ like this.
  8. TheFlame_YT Platinum

XP:
    230,567xp
    So, what about an Annihilation Mod that shows in real time the kills (melee and bow) and nexus hits that you are earning in a game. I mean a real time counter that resets every game.
  9. iinsu Regular Member

XP:
    139,624xp
    I'll try my best and i see no reason why it shouldn't work :D
    TheFlame_YT likes this.
  10. Snurkle Platinum

XP:
    105,131xp
    What about an indicator if your inventory is full when the boss portal is open? Nothing is worse than not getting it because of that.

Also, maybe a friends list system of some sort? Other people with the mod could see when their friends are online and what they are playing
  11. MCDuckler Platinum

XP:
    310,131xp
    (im helping him)
    the first thing should work, however a friend system like that would need an custom server on our side to collect and share the data between the clients, which is too much right now. But a simple client side wouldn't be a problem. thank you for the comment :D
  12. iinsu Regular Member

XP:
    139,624xp
    This is an preview of the GUI in it's current form. It's in an early stage, so any suggestions would be appreciated :D[IMG]
  13. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Any way that this can be made without forge?
  14. MCDuckler Platinum

XP:
    310,131xp
    We decided to make a forge mod as a few people said that a mod would be better than a client, because then they can use it with other mods. I had that problem a while ago when i released my MTA client. However it's entirely possible and probably wouldn't take too long to 'port' it. One question tho, why don't you want to use forge? This mod, optifine, a minimap mod and maybe a toggle sprint mod would probably be perfect for most games + it's easier to install than a client (except we would do a installer, but that's for now not going to happen)
  15. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    I dunno, just a preference really. Clients are easier to set up than having an installer do it for you.
    MCDuckler likes this.
  16. MCDuckler Platinum

XP:
    310,131xp
    To install a forge mod you pretty much only need to download the forge installer, select next two times and then paste the mod under .minecraft/mods, that's probably it. The client would need a .zip that you need to extract and then place the folder under .minecraft/versions, so I think if you want the mod the amount of effort to install it is acceptable. I get what you mean and i'm a fan of a simple, clean and fine working client myself, but for now we are concentrating on a mod because we think that the majority of people would prefer it that way.

17. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Err, also admin locked stuff, kinda inconvenient
  18. MCDuckler Platinum

XP:
    310,131xp
    Well that was never a problem for me. Are you sure that you need admin perms for running a jar file? (there should be an .exe and an .jar installer) if yes, I'm sorry, i can't help you with that :I
  19. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    That looks sickkkkkkkkkk!
  20. gaelic Silver

XP:
    9,814xp
    bro this is dope