1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Shotbow 2016 Roadmap

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HighlifeTTU, Jan 29, 2016.

Shotbow 2016 Roadmap | Page 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    I agree that It could be better, but to be fair, compare it to what it was 3 years ago.
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.

2. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    It's rough and perhaps dishonest to compare counts from three years ago. The game was new, it had never been done in Minecraft. The novelty is far past gone, unfortunately.
  3. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    I agree. But still, with the last big update minez got way more interesting then it used to be in lets say, past year and a half?
  4. webbily Regular Member

XP:
    3,140xp
    When I first started playing on Shotbow, I realized I had always come with a lot of friends.. I had invited them to games of Ghostcraft at first, then we found other games that were just as fun like smash. I really enjoyed finding the 'secret' room where only 4 ppl could play... THAT was an adventure and it was a challenge to get to.. That was part of the fun of the game. I'm glad to see that the Arrow Arcade is getting much needed attention. Thanks guys! ;D -Webbily
    JeTi_Brothers likes this.
  5. ment0l66 Emerald

XP:
    575,309xp
    Honestly, ghostcraft was fine. I used to play it alot back in the days with my friend, when we were waiting for a new Coastal Annihilation match to come up, because that was the only map we played. The reason it died was because it had been around for so long, and hadn't really gotten anything new to it, so playing it got boring, althought there was nothing wrong with the gamemode itself.

It might do good to give it a fresh new spin, but it will probably ruin the nostalgic feeling ghostcraft was giving (atleast, to me it was)

Also, sorry for the 5 days necro :wink:
  6. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    The game was really fun as it was, there were just a few bugs, which I believe were the reason it was sent to the garage. Notably, you could see the ghost as a player, which negatively impacted gameplay to say the least.
    Tonkotsuramen921 and CustomOG like this.
  7. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    After it updated to 1.8 it experienced some terrible glitches. I played it a couple times in 1.8 and there was almost no one on and I had to wait and invite people in the lobby to join me then when we finally played it was very broken. Hopefully it can get some more developer time and make a speedy return though. :)
  8. firekirby135 Regular Member

XP:
    6,955xp
    Out of curiosity, can I get a quick update on how Sweepers is doing in the garage currently? Back when it was first implemented, it quickly became one of my favorite games in the Shotbow server. (being an avid fan of minesweeper beforehand certainly helped) The way it was implemented always kept it interesting,(especially since broken mines didn't ruin it for everyone else) the timer made things a bit more hectic and forced even the most experienced players to trip up every now and again, and the various maps allowed for quite interesting and diverse scenery. It was by far the most interesting Minecraft Minesweeper adaptation I'd seen, and even to this day I've not found another that can compare. I understand that it didn't have the largest player base, quite the opposite in fact, and I wouldn't be astonished or outraged to hear that it may never return. However, as one of it's big cult followers, I would absolutely love to be reassured of otherwise.

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, will you be holding back most, if not all of the arcade games in the garage until the majority of them are done, or will you be adding them back in as they're finished?
    KoenigApfel likes this.
  9. TeaM_MatE11 Platinum

XP:
    13,677xp
    I'm kinda sad that Ghostcraft was moved, because it was my favorite mode, and plus., I spent a crapload of XP on it. Well, One gamemode down. Oh well. Guess I'll enjoy smash and the creative server.
  10. sunlost Retired Staff

XP:
    217,843xp
    Ghostcraft will come back sometime, it hasn't been deleted. :)
  11. chelletcheese Regular Member

XP:
    159xp
    I miss Wasted so much. I remember playing with a team of 4 friends and just running around like in H1Z1. Thanks for those moments and I can't wait to see what will happen for it next. Keep up the great work!
  12. IP_da_wAAAfle Regular Member

XP:
    34,752xp
    im confused... is wasted changing game modes or is it staying the same just fixed? sorry just confused about that part >~<
  13. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp

I suggest you read this for information on the future of Wasted.
  14. IP_da_wAAAfle Regular Member

XP:
    34,752xp
  15. EccentricAzn Gold

XP:
    146,588xp
  16. Arasai Platinum

XP:
    246,754xp
    Honestly, im bugged shitless right now that you guys say that "MineZ 2 never took off", IT DID. THE GAME HAD AS MUCH PLAYERS AS ANNI FOR 4 MONTHS. the player count went down because you guys never released a single goddamn update for it. Hmm, maybe thats the problem???????????????? Just don't throw the blame of failing games on the community and not the non-existant updates. I can link you over 100 videos of massive clan wars within the first 4 months of MineZ 2. It was a VERY popular game. Other than that, looking forward to 2016.
    MacWasPvp and Fluffoon like this.
  17. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    Is this the roadmap for 2017, as barely anything on here has happend so far.
    CoastinJosh and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.
  18. ritone Regular Member

XP:
    9,394xp
    None of this has happened yet apart from the gungame is it really going to happen this year with only a 3rd less
  19. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    So, since there are questions about what of this has/hasn't happened yet:

• We did put a lot of things in the garage pretty quickly.
    • We've been doing community feedback every month.
    • MineZ has been working on the Origins update - which will come before end-of-year.
    • MineZ 2 is being actively worked on
    • Wasted is being actively worked on
    • Gun Game did come out
    • WiR and Gold Rush are delayed for being worked on till post-1.9
  20. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    I assume most of the points you made are behind the scenes and awaiting launch dates then. Good to see work is being done, sad to say that 1.9 isn't fully released yet, same goes for gold rush and wir.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.