1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Servers Shotbow 1.9 Plans

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HighlifeTTU, Mar 3, 2016.

Servers - Shotbow 1.9 Plans | Page 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    that's literally the definition of lowering the skill ceiling lmfao
    So? Pocket edition doesn't have hotkeys, aiming with a touchscreen is total ass, and sprinting and strafing with one thumb? Worthless. This is more like a case of totally, utterly, horribly bad (you, no personal offense intended) + bad controls.

2. Targz_ Platinum

XP:
    32,470xp
    I think it is fine except for annihilation. The key to annihilation is speed. Speed is everything. 1.9 would ruin the scout class and completely uproot what the game stands for. Fast paced combat and gameplay are key to annihilation, so I think that should be the one gamemode that keeps old cooldown times. I still think dual wielding would be very cool though in all the gamemodes! 1.9 offers many possibilities, but I just don't like the cooldown mechanic, it hurts a lot of fast paced pvp.

Also the slow stuff is TERRIBLE for bad ping, I know because I tested it with my phone's personal hotspot on a 1.9 server. When you have bad ping, you have to wait for the sword to charge up again, and when the players hop around randomly it is impossible to get hits off, versus 1.8 where you can spam and get some hits off.
    Charlie_END and Keyboard like this.
  3. linkcantero2006 Regular Member

XP:
    8,555xp
    but it more fair spam clicker i hate them
  4. Targz_ Platinum

XP:
    32,470xp
    Your post is poorly thought out, biased, and I bet you are... hmmm 9 or 10 judging by 2006 in your name? Please if you are going to make an argument at least put some thought into it. Spam clicking is good for annihilation because annihilation is all about speed, not power. That is why scout is so OP, scouts can take out full irons if they are good at pvp and strafing but in 1.9 they could not.
  5. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    I was quoting you
  6. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    ...so? I'm saying right here pocket edition has next to nothing to do with 1.7's pvp.
  7. jonttuwu Silver

XP:
    30,822xp
    lol. I like how some of you say "If you make minez 1.9 it will die" seriously, it has been dead for literally over a year.
  8. Nadleehi Regular Member

XP:
    7,471xp
    Bribing changes nothing, it shoul
    Bribing changes nothing, this kind of thing should be against the rules, threatening staff to not support the server if it updates and bribing could be offenses
    POWER_RANGER55 likes this.
  9. LongBridge Regular Member

XP:
    10,945xp
    For all the people that think if shotbow doesn't update they will fall behind, I can name five servers off the top of my head that are doing just fine because they didn't fully move to 1.8. Btw if somebody hasn't figured out how to change their version by now they aren't the kind of people that will consistently play shotbow's game modes.

Tbh all that updating to 1.9 bungeecord does is make a more ping reliant pvp atmosphere with a clunky GUI for 1.9 players. Not to mention that a large portion of anni and minez people will just flat out move to CSGO and league of legends if shotbow does implement 1.9.

Without the 1.7 base people can't jitter to compensate for shitty ping or hit detection and that is the largest reason why a server like shotbow (which btw has pretty shitty hit detection and not the greatest host rn) would be foolish to update to 1.9.

In conclusion because 1.8 can only register 6 clicks per second and 1.7 can register 20, players with lower pings will just shit on all the high ping players because the high ping players can't use jittering to compensate for unregistered hits.

I hope that after reading this people won't brush off those who dislike 1.9 as "being afraid of change" because it is much more than that.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  10. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

We will be updating to 1.9. Period. End of story :)

That said, to ease balance issues and speed up time to deliver - we will be re-implementing 1.7 combat into 1.9. You should expect to have a shield for blocking, and we've removed the attack timer.

From a combat perspective, there will be no reason to complain about the update to 1.9.

Thank you.
  11. Power_Rangers Regular Member

XP:
    18,313xp

I was really hoping for full 1.9 with attack timer will that be implemented in later updates such as 1.10?
    Ahtemish likes this.
  12. LongBridge Regular Member

XP:
    10,945xp
    This is absolute bs.

The core part of 1.9 makes it like 1.8 where minecraft can not physically register over 6 clicks per second. Therefore lowering the skill cap because anybody who has been around minecraft for the past few years can aim with 6 cps.

The best part about 1.7 is that it gives high ping players a way to level out the playing field with jittering. I am sorry but you can not change this with 1.9 and you should not update to it because of the lowered combat quality that it brings.

Servers like Kohi, HCteams, and Hydra are not gonna update to 1.9 and they have crap tons of donators specifically because they refuse to compromise quality for a bad mc update. I don't understand why shotbow should be any different.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  13. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

I'm not personally familiar with the CPS stuff. I'm seeing old stuff (from 1.8 initial release) that says 6cps and then I see concerns that it's capped somewhere between 15-20 CPS later on. Servers only operate at 20 ticks per second so that's not a terrible concern..

And even if it was, a VAST MAJORITY of our users are already playing on 1.8. If that's the biggest combat concern, it's not even applicable.
    DrachenCube and Ahtemish like this.
  14. iCybex Silver

XP:
    12,958xp
    Please don't remove blocking if possible! I fight with block-hitting
  15. LongBridge Regular Member

XP:
    10,945xp

If you were in an intense fight with somebody who has better ms than you in 1.8 there is no way to win because odds are they can aim just as well as you when they only have to click at 6 cps.

Not to brag, butI have 1,200 elo on no debuff kohi so trust me I know what I am talking about when I say that jittering is important in keeping a balanced game mode with a higher skill cap. Lots of people simply want the update because they aren't that good at the pvp and prefer a more casual gameplay experience, which makes sense from their perspective but ends up creating a really low skill cap for the better players.

I play minez for the pvp and at any given time the tab list is about 75% people that also play for the pvp. These people also happen to dislike 1.9 for the same reasons I do and most of them have bought premium and are loyal to the server.

I understand the reason why you think shotbow needs to update but I am trying to show you why it is a terrible idea and why lots of servers are refusing to update.
  16. Haichao Platinum

XP:
    360,442xp
    Chance is he also has the same or better cps than you. Why make this a deciding factor? Personally I don't jitter. Could I? Maybe, maybe not. I won't claim that I'm a PvP God. But fights being decided by your CPS seems like bad game design to me.

I don't see how 1200 elo (I don't know how good that is tbh) and being able to jitter does in any way qualify you more than others to make statements about the balance of the game. A good analogy would be to let Scout players judge the balance of Scout. Of course they won't ask for nerfs.

Firstly if lots of players want the update than I think it is a no-brainer for Shotbow to switch unless they want to stay a niche Server for "Pro PvPers" which would be a risky decision since other Servers have already bound most of that userbase.
    Secondly people (like the ones you mention) have been complaining about 1.9 since before the first snapshot came out, so without even having it tested in ANY form. I don't think I'm wrong if I say that a large part of those that don't want 1.9 haven't even tried it out properly (no, hopping on SMP and slaying some cows for 2 minutes does not count). The week 1.9 came out I spend several hours trying to find a proper 1.9 server and the only thing I found where servers that allow 1.9 clients to connect but are actually 1.8 and one server where the only other guy online was an admin.
    I don't think it is established that 1.9 lowers the skill cap and I find it unlikely that this is the case since it adds so many new elements (the fact that shooting bows is possible during your sword cooldown seems really interesting to me).
  17. Ahtemish Regular Member

XP:
    16,694xp
    To me, jitterclicking seems like the spray 'n pray of minecraft. Click enough times and you'll kill them eventually!
    Seriously though, they said there will be testing before it's even updated, so we'll get to chance to actually see what 1.9 would do to pvp on shotbow, rather than make assumptions. And when the US server switched the ping issue with a lot of people will be hopefully fixed, so that it won't be as much of who has the lowest ping.
    Basically, let's wait until the testing starts to decide if we like or dislike it, instead of outright saying is good or bad
  18. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    This is honestly tiring. People already said and proved that pvp its not only spamclicking but you keep saying so. It's like a Trump supporter VS a liberal that keeps saying "did you watch the news?"...
    Anyways, kscopekid's:

1. Aim - If you have bad aim you won't win, and to perfect your aim takes lots of hours of practice and takes lots of skill
    2. Strafe - If all you do is run at someone and hit them you won't be able to get them in a combo, people who strafe can exploit people's aim and get them in a combo.
    3. W-tap - If you do a advanced pvp tactic called w-tapping you can make someone take more knockback and get them in a longer and better combo killing them faster.
    4. Jitter-clicking - This is the one thing where are you do is "click click" but clicking fast and jitter-clicking is the difference between 6 cps and 14 cps, although it doesn't make as big of a difference as you would think it still makes a noticeble difference.
    5. Pot management - If you can't use pots correctly you'll drop faster
    6. Quick Swapping - Swapping between multiple tools by hotkeying can be the reason you lose or win a fight.

Just look at your statements, you contradict yourself. First you say that having a good pvp experience doesn't mean that you have more importance, but after you say that If you don't have enough 1.9 experience you shouldn't discuss it (that's how the context is). Come on man.

The 1.9 update makes the skill cap drop A LOT (that's a reason why they made this update sadly, you know the Mc playerbase). Why the skill cap drops? Mainly because there are less strategies and, in general, less difficulty than 1.7/1.8. Yes, I said right, 1.9 is easier. Many of those people saying "With this new 1.9 pvp we'll have strategy" didn't think enough/don't know what they're talking about. I know there are new mechanics as shielding and the obvious click timer, still nothing compared to 1.7., and as dancooksoon said, removing strategies like jitter just makes it a more ping-reliant pvp since you don't have good ways to counter it... funny how it's the opposite most people think.

Also I noticed most conformists usually talk in a MineZ topic, but meanwhile 1.9's usually talk in a shotbow topic. Yeah it might give more players to shotbow (apart from some mechanics, a good part it's because a casual player doesn't really like outdated things), but if shotbow updates to 1.9, even with the small changes towards a more 1.8 pvp, Mz will be even more fked than how it is right now (cps restriction etc). I mean, it's already on the grave, but it'd just get 10 feet below (got the joke? xd.)

PS- You probably didn't notice, but everything I wrote in this post was already said on older pages. This new discussion is just a comeback from the older discussion in this thread. We keep giving facts, and the 1.9 guys keep saying the "I played a lot of 1.9 and I think it's good" argument. Exactly as when you give to the liberals some facts, and they keep telling you're lying. It'd be more efficient If I had a bot that just copypasted all the arguments every day xd.
    Keyboard and IWatchGapeHorn like this.
  19. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    So, quick question, how are dugeons in minez, more specifically wave rooms going to work if the attack rate is slower?
  20. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    or add sheilds!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.