1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Servers Shotbow 1.9 Plans

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HighlifeTTU, Mar 3, 2016.

Servers - Shotbow 1.9 Plans | Page 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EccentricAzn Gold

XP:
    146,588xp
    It's 0.6 seconds :3 not 0.5
    OneTupacArmy likes this.

2. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    Sure? xd I remember it being 0.5, maybe they changed to 0.6 on 1.9 (which is worse because fights will last even more).
  3. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    I've nearly forgotten this possibility because the upstream server and proxy projects have the 1.9+1.8 compatibility built in.
    The 1.9 only policy has several cons:
    • It's a loose/loose for player counts: before the update you loose the 1.9 players and after the update you loose the 1.8 players.
    • Since only one client version players can join, you can't even decide when you should update as you can't see when there are more 1.9 than 1.8 players.
    • Every game mode has to be reworked for 1.9 compatibility before the upgrade
    • Upgrade would also have to wait for the essential client mods to be available in 1.9
    I currently see only one pro:
    • No need to fine tune any balancing between 1.9 and 1.8 players.
    I think we should differentiate between the upgrade to allow 1.9 clients to access the lobby and the access to specific game modes.
    However allowing 1.9 clients to join the lobby will probably ban all 1.7.x ones :(
    MTrout and OneTupacArmy like this.
  4. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    First: there are no essential client mods.

We previously did the compatibility thing with 1.7/1.8. This worked out okay. Most players connected with 1.8, and people stuck to 1.7 due to it being familiar.

Now we're at a crossroads where we need to upgrade, as we're constantly losing the ability to gain new players. The path to upgrade is not easy but it unlocks a LOT for our builders and for game design. With a big update in the works for MineZ Classic, sooner is probably better than later.

A lot of PvP ers in this thread are writing it off immediately, but with various weapons, with shields, a necessity to use both hands wisely - 1.9 can unlock some really new and exciting combat opportunities.

The more I read this thread, the more it sounds like people who know how to PvP under the current system just don't want to lose their place as top dog. They don't want to learn new tactics. They just want to stick with varied ways of swinging their swords as fast as they can, ignoring the invulnerability period, and abusing sprinting to land more crits.

It's incredibly silly.

Players already on 1.8 are likely incredibly find with going to 1.9. It's the 1.7 players, I think, that don't want to - and we have to drop them anyway. Because ignoring an update is not doable.
  5. EccentricAzn Gold

XP:
    146,588xp
    pfft. k I have been playing since 2010 and I just got down the current pvp, I don't wanna spend another 6 years learning 1.9 pvp.
  6. __J___ Platinum

XP:
    11,713xp
    See you later then... If it takes you 6 years to get down minecraft maybe a new hobby would be a good thing! :lmao:
  7. MarineAP Obsidian

XP:
    543,386xp
    If you change MineZ to 1.9, there will be 10 people in each servers and 20 ppl on Suicide Saturday just like 2014 winter.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  8. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    I have an idea for Anni 1.9: Make a phase six just 20 minutes after phase 5 starts and in phase six Notch apples are available to buy in the weapon shop for 64 gold.
    Lizzie_x likes this.
  9. elizabxth Regular Member

XP:
    11,919xp
    I want it because I'm on 1.9 and its rubbish as I don't have a server to go onto now.
  10. gamerx_x_ Platinum

XP:
    8,584xp
    Um, you can downgrade.
    Ahtemish and InfernoTheDragon like this.
  11. MTrout Platinum

XP:
    729,897xp
    Well here's my ideas. I'd say I strongly dislike 1.9.

MineZ Classic: This should always be 1.7/1.8 pvp. This game was meant to be the "classic" shotbow game.
    MineZ 2: Even though I don't play this game, I'd agree with a switch to 1.9 because it is meant to be different than minez classic. And if minez classic is 1.7/1.8 pvp, then minez2 should be different.
    Anni: I'd say that updating to 1.9 is a bad idea for anni. I've read about all the classes that it would change and I don't think that much change to a game at once is good.

Thanks for reading my ideas. Whatever happens, I hope it improves the network. :)
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  12. Power_Rangers Regular Member

XP:
    18,313xp
    Hopefully you weren't reading my old one but in case (if you didn't it would have said "(Revised)" after it but just in case here's the OP Classes and Nerfed Classes there was a huge mistake in the old ones.
    MTrout likes this.
  13. EccentricAzn Gold

XP:
    146,588xp
    This isn't about Anni 1.9 lol, this is about Minecraft 1.9
    RichRamp likes this.
  14. dart33 Regular Member

XP:
    6,126xp
    truth be told you would only need to learn timing instead of the spam click that people call skill.
    then with the off hand that could double the combos with inventory items.

now to put my penny in this thread for pros and cons for 1.9
    pros
    real combos and instead of click spamming (button smashing in a fighting game again not a real strat just plain spam)
    death of a lot of mods being kill auras that is plain cheating,reis minimap that depending on the sever is cheating (factions)
    better stuff for staff and builders to use/ easy to upgrade in the future.

now for some cons
    click spaming will be gone (thank god for that)
    most mods will not be updated (amour hud, rei,and the potion)

the only reason i put click spamming or jitter clicking as some people call it when truthfully its just fast clicking is because a lot of pvpers like it but in a real pvp computation aka fighting games and that medieval game its not a strat it is just something people do because they cant learn to combo properly.

that being said i can see some mod optifine mainly being updated to 1.9 and as i have yet to try potions in 1.9 i hear good things about it.

but truth be told not only do i think 1.9 will be better for the devs but also for the players because people are smart when they want to be and will find more styles and strategy's in 1.9 then what was in 1.7 and we wont need to worry about hacked clients like xray or kill auras for a bit or if we are lucky ever again.
  15. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    But still...
  16. kerze_ Regular Member

XP:
    7,595xp
    Without reading through forum discourse:
    Yes, I would be over the moon to see 1.9's combat features implemented. I'd be particularly interested to see how things like the Elytra wings could work, either in MineZ or in Annihilation.
  17. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    lmao that's not how PvP works at all
    Fast swinging is the core of comboing. The slower your swing rate, the less swings you put out. And the less swings you put out, the higher the chance you miss and your opponent can regain their momentum and push you back. 1.9 makes it unviable to combo, only to drive-by a short burst. Sustained flurries of attacks will do negligible amounts of damage. The only way to actually kill someone would be to run in, swing twice, and swing around for another attempt.
    Comparing a fighting game like mortal kombat or Chivalry to Minecraft PvP is literally comparing apples to oranges. In both Chivalry and MK, landing combos requires inputting directional inputs as well as different attack inputs (high/low/guard/strong/weak). Minecraft is reliant on knockback and sustained accuracy because of its fast pace. MK is 2D, and Chivalry has a slow attack and movement speed. Chivalry's slow/realistic combat system only works because its movement system is also slow/realistic. If Minecraft slows attacking down like Chivalry without also slowing down the movement/inventory/pots, the result will be awkward, frustrating, and unsatisfying for all parties involved.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  18. Nadleehi Regular Member

XP:
    7,471xp

Allow me to explain some errors in what is said: based on what combo's used to be (as far as I remember) they were a mixture of movements, hotkeys, fishing rods, well placed clicks on well based positioning, and lastly, the incorporation of both the environment and pots to your advantage. 1.9 does changes this things, but doesn't necessarily remove them. Combos are still a thing (movement and timed hits), however, the only that could be effected negatively (to an extent) would be the hotkeying. If you were, to say, go up against someone when an axe and a fishing rod, switching between the two and "throttling" the attack meter to deal any good damage would be, well, difficult and frustrating. However, running a sword as it str meter runs a .6 speed, would be less of a hassle to hotkey since of it's hasty recharge rate as a weapon and it's ability to do aoe knockback. Moreover, as I have noticed through testing, such weapon str meters can be tweaked and even removed if needed to fit a gamemode. Aiming is still relevant, in most cases, even more so as missing an opponent would be very detrimental and a large decrease in dps. Jitter-clicking, however would win a fight against a more seasoned pvp player (such as myself), is no longer a thing, unless the str meter is altered to no longer exist in an instance. W-tap, although I do love to use them to ruin people's dreams, I have never done in 1.9 pvp so I can neither prove or disprove it's existence or relevance in 1.9 pvp. Furthermore, the str meter (although commonly mistaken), is not a cooldown on the use of a weapon. I find that a good balance on a sword is to attack .3 seconds (half the str meter) as the new collisions of players allows me to send them into the aim and crit them easier. I see that this update would bring more diversity to classes such as anni or assault-like gamemodes as weapons can now be customized in damage, weapon speed, and even specialized textures for each durability of weapons. Furthermore, I see it bringing new use to support classes such as alchemist (ling pots/luck/db, or dragon breath) and enchanter (mend/fw, or frost walker). The elytra allows for all sorts of new classes/purchased hub item/gamemodes. Next is environment. I cannot give much information as I have only been able to test mostly on flat terrain, but in rare instances, I fought on elevated land. I find that cornering someone in between two blocks (like the corner), whether 1 block high, or two, is a good way to allow the str meter to recharge without your foe getting away easily. Shields are an interesting topic. I both love and hate them. It does make pvp more challenging and well positioning. For instance, the shield has a separate hitbox, or cone of protection (not displayed as a hitbox if you were to look), and can be out maneuvered if you player model isn't correctly positioned to your enemy. This may be difficult to follow as text can only paint an image, but here is an example of what I mean: Someone is running at you with a weapon, you hold the shield in your left hand and you raise it to defend, however, your player model has your right part of your body mostly exposed towards the player. It would take little strafing to get around someone shielding like that, and score combo's and crits. However, if you hold the shield on your left, and your player model has the left side of your body facing the player, more of your body is protected as the cone is mostly positioned on your left and less on your right. Vice versa is you're using lefty. Tipped arrows allow archers to get around shields and give a big punch against the enemy. Ling pots allow you to control the enemy movement as well contain people and aoe heal. Armor nerfs: As far as I understand, the armor nerfs were intended on closing the large gaps in protection that each armor tier have as well as making the game more difficult in general. Diamond armor in 1.8 and below, protected against 80% damage, unenchanted, but now protects 60% unenchanted. I do not know the nerfs of the lower tiers, but I do know that not all tiers were nerf 20% (or else leather armor and gold would be worthless!). The enchantments protection and sharpness has also been nerfed. If I remember the decimals correctly, sharpness 1 pre 1.9 allowed 1.5 increase, more with each tier of sharpness. Now, it has been changed to .5-1 damage per tier of sharpness. Now, for some nitpicks: I find it very silly, and odd that all axes (except gold) deal 9 damage, making the wooden axe to be as strong as a diamond sword (not including str meter). However, to make each tier of axe worth making, I believe that the str meter decreases by .1 sec. per tier, eventually with diamond being 1 sec. There is a strange bug where logging in or out of worlds too causes a visual bug, distorting the world, and basically making everything unplayable. I find shields cool, bt annoying to use against experienced pvp'ers as it is hard to predict when the enemy is going to hit you and their movements to determine when it is wise to shield or not, as shielding hinders movement options. This is what I discovered and some of my opinions and I hope this is found helpful to some people who need to know or follow some misconceptions. I also helps the dev team in developing new gamemode and classes/balancing as well.

Edit: Haste also decrease he str meter recharge rate too! Each tier decreases it more.
    Ahtemish and Keyboard like this.
  19. TigerJM Platinum

XP:
    68,429xp
    1.9 will be one of the best changes to PvP based game modes as it allows all players to have a fair chance at killing others, completely rendering out any macros and hacked clients that previously prevents this from happening. It brings a new aspect into the game, that would otherwise be completely ignored and allows extra features to be added into the game. In general, it will be worthwhile in my opinion, because even though some of the legit experienced players will have to work with the change, new players will get the full effect of how beneficial this update is. Some people have said that it completely prevents good combos, whereas in my opinion it allows you to if you time your strikes right, and swing correctly get a much better combo on someone than what they do, therefore killing them before they can kill you.

I am looking forward to the 1.9 update for Shotbow and will enjoy playing some Annihilation with the new PvP mechanics.
  20. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.