1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

September - State of GG

Discussion in 'GG' started by ItsJesseFFS, Sep 3, 2016.

September - State of GG
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsJesseFFS Regular Member

XP:
    1,155,019xp
    Introduction:
    Hey everyone! Thanks for sticking with us and trying out GG on 1.9! With that said, we're still actively looking for bug reports for both the 1.9 and 1.7/1.8 instance of GG. We're trying to get as much information as possible regarding GG bugs.

What's new:
    Since last month, I've went through a batch of GG Minis and brought them on-board the team! I will also be getting in contact with the second batch shortly, and get them trained and on the team. As both the GG Lead and a Developer, I will start taking a look into the GG code and get some updates made and rolled out for our fantastic gamemode!

What we want from you:
    Bug reports! Please report any bugs and other issues you find here. Please be as detailed as possible, so we can re-create them! Keep in mind, if it's a game breaking bug that can be used to gain a major advantage, please private message the bug report directly to me. Screenshots and videos of a bug is a huge plus, and definitely helps speed things along.

Conclusion:
    Becoming the GG Developer, I will be rolling out updates and bug fixes for GG. I'm hoping to see a lot of feedback and bug reports! As mentioned, I will get in contact with our second batch of applicants and will take a look into the issues and bugs you report. So please, feel free to leave some feedback, suggestions, bugs and more below.

Thanks for flying Shotbow!!

This thread will close on September 16th, 12:00PM CST

2. Haichao Platinum

XP:
    360,442xp
    This is not a rant against you Jesse or your work, I appreciate any kind of dev work that Shotbow gets but I think the way development time is allocated is questionable.

Why does shotbow even bother with GG? Why waste development resources on the most unimaginative gamemode possible? Doesn't Shotbow pride itself with being a unique server? Moreover if we have a look at these tables(thanks to blaueszebra for these) we can clearly see that GG does not have nearly as many players as Annihilation or even Smash. Surely a game with 10 times as many players as GG could use another developer better. Does anyone here really believe that GG will ever be as successful as some other practice servers?
    In my opinion GG is one of the games that definitely should go die in the Garage. It's unimaginative, unfun and no one plays it.
  3. Trails Platinum

XP:
    30,149xp

I don't really think they are striving for GG being a popular/unique gamemode. In my mind, GG is just a gamemode where you can come on and PvP with other players of Shotbow, that you will most likely know. I like pvping VS people who I know and talk to, rather than those random people I see on Badlion. Sometimes people don't wanna gear up, go mining, or whatever you do in Anni, they just want to pvp.

Just because Jesse is a GG dev, doesn't mean that he can't also work on other gamemodes.

I play GG a lot, and I know a lot of other people who do, just because of the unique MineZ kit, and the community. Everytime I come on GG, I see familiar faces, and not different people every time. I see people who I know from MineZ, and I like fighting them.
    Jetix, MTrout, Fluffoon and 8 others like this.
  4. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    100% true.
    Jetix, Kazumii_, MTrout and 1 other person like this.
  5. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
  6. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    GG has potential, but has always been partly broken. Would like to see it grow into a gamemode that fully works and has to do with other gamemodes like smash and minez. Maybe make a GG server with jetpacks and such but also potions etc.
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.
  7. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    MTA GG server
    Jetix, Low_Ping, Chibotle and 2 others like this.
  8. Creeperker Ruby

XP:
    1,944,942xp
    This man is true
  9. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Bug: In 1.9 GG, Vanilla has no kits
  10. ItsJesseFFS Regular Member

XP:
    1,155,019xp
    Hello there!
    Thank you very much for your input on everything. While there are some concerns regarding Shotbow not dedicating development resources to multiple projects, I can quite assure you that our Developers are working on more than 1 project at a time. :)

As for the ideas surrounding an Annihilation-like PvP mode and an MTA GG Server, these can definitely be looked into as possibilities!
    Your bug reports and other issues will definitely be taken a look into, and will be considered. Thanks for sticking around with us!!
    I will work my best to add more features to GG.

However, since it's now the 16th, and well past 12pm US CST, I'm closing this thread now.
    I look forward to more ideas and such next month!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.