1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Separate MineZ from the "DayZ" Zombie Survival genre

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by AveryBat, Jun 12, 2020.

Suggestion - Separate MineZ from the "DayZ" Zombie Survival genre
  1. AveryBat Platinum

XP:
    1,289,652xp

2. JACOBSMILE Jr. Developer

XP:
    245,865xp
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head. DayZ was the original inspiration for MineZ, but once we began writing and integrating lore into the world, we began to separate ourselves from what we originally created in 2012. While I'm not sure if the death penalty being lessened is the right move, we have a lot of plans in the works to freshen the experience of MineZ for everyone.
    kbsfe, ChocolateCollie and AveryBat like this.
  3. Sheriu Regular Member

XP:
    452xp
    yeah we believe you
  4. ChocolateCollie Regular Member

XP:
    10,995xp
    I agree that MineZ needs some fundamental changes in order to make the most of it's current content and mechanics. However, a lot of people enjoy permadeath, and for myself and many others permadeath is a primary reason we play MineZ. I think that adding utilities that allow players to overcome challenges in dungeons in creative ways is a better solution than removing much of the risk. I would personally like to see more legendaries enabled in more dungeons, and have dungeon redesigns in the future to have multiple routes through parkour, branching paths, and alternative solutions to puzzles/challenges.
    Additionally, traveling in MineZ takes up a significant amount of time in gearing, and the lack of zombie spawns and rarity of player encounters makes it easily the weakest part of the game. I would love to see more biome-specific conditions (Faster thirst drain, threat of eruptions, temperature effects?) and random encounters while traveling.
    The possibility of encountering a rare miniboss, a group of enemies, or a randomly-placed loot stash would keep a traveling player on their toes, and make the game as a whole much more engaging and unpredictable.
    Also, good job staff! 100% of the new changes are much needed improvements, imo.
    AveryBat likes this.