1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Secure the North Delayed until tomorrow, also preview video :)

Discussion in 'MineZ 2' started by lazertester, Nov 9, 2014.

Discussion - Secure the North Delayed until tomorrow, also preview video :)
  1. lazertester Lead Developer

XP:
    365,160xp
    I've been working feverishly with Matt (HighlifeTTU) and Adam (aet2505) to finalize everything with Secure the North so it is ready for you all to experience and die to. We were hoping to push the update allowing hordes to invade some of the north towns tonight, but circumstances are such that we will need to push the release to tomorrow. For a preview of what's coming, check out Vaecon's overview here:

2. Sanguinarius Platinum

XP:
    163,587xp
    :3 cannot wait to have my guts ripped out.
    vampire_toothy and 123race321 like this.
  3. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    EXCITEMENT is OVER 9000!
    vampire_toothy and Reillyrox13 like this.
  4. SnowblindGhost Emerald

XP:
    130,895xp
    FORGET NORTH
    COOOOOLUS FOR THE WIIIIIIN

This is going to be me when it happens;
    [IMG]
    I will be laughing all the way on PVE :3
    . . .
  5. Erbear10 Platinum

XP:
    301,867xp
    From what Vaecon said in the video the two rewards: Lower spawn rate and Rep(quest rep I am guessing?). Are these the only two rewards? Because I don't see the point in doing this event(other than killing players) when the rewards are so little when you are going to use a fair chunk of supplies to stop the horde. I don't see how a lower spawn rate of zombies when there already is a low spawn rate of zombies will make up for a great lose in health pots, food and iron/diamond durability which can take hours to get. I would suggest buffing the rewards if those are the only two rewards that are going to be given for finishing the event.
  6. lazertester Lead Developer

XP:
    365,160xp

There will also be loot rewards, both from the sheer amount of zombies being killed and a thank you for defending the town.
  7. Candere Obsidian

XP:
    3,816,371xp
    So is the 'increased zombie spawn rate' from losing the event a lot more than what it is now? Or is it just what it is now, and it was being compared to the reduced spawn rate? Can't wait to try this one out.
  8. oxpoweryea Regular Member

XP:
    8,477xp
    Cant wait! We're all gona be mlg zombie slayers!! I suggest making the area of the town pve while it is running? Because I can imagine clans taking over..
  9. terve886 Silver

XP:
    9,751xp
    I am little bit disappointed.. I expected it to be something like this:
    1. There would be a quest giver (or any other NPC) in middle of the town behind barricades that zombies can break, the barricades need to be built by players by clicking a signs that tell how much different resources they need, and when you click it again, it will build the barricade and consume all the resources it required (same system as the sponsor tokens had).
    2. The zombies would come through nether portals that spawn next to the village you are defending when the event starts.
    3. The zombies would target the guest giver when they spawn.
    4. The zombies would attack in waves and each wave would be harder than the previous one.
    5. As a reward, the NPC will give you different rewards, give quests, sell items and other things. There could also be multiple NPCs in different parts of town making the event harder to defend completely and require more people and everyone of the NPCs could have their own purpose (one gives quests, other gives rewards, and one sells items).
    6. The Town and it's surrounding areas would be turned into PvE area with smaller zombie spawning rate and it would be possible to even connect certain towns to each other with the PvE border, letting people to travel safely.
    But since you have made so much progress already, I doubt you start all over again.
    8noremac likes this.
  10. oxpoweryea Regular Member

XP:
    8,477xp
    This could take off sounds good. I bet they'll probably change it in the future.
  11. Resinkeys Regular Member

XP:
    21,475xp

This isnt defend the villager type gameplay this is reclaiming northern territory. The goal is to make sure a town isnt over run by a hoard of zombies so its safe for use.
  12. MacWasPvp Platinum

XP:
    206,412xp
    Hide your kids, hide your wives... Zombie invasion coming, let the man handle this!
    Updraft likes this.
  13. terve886 Silver

XP:
    9,751xp
    Well, if you read my suggestion, it would literally turn the event into reclaiming territory and defending a town and it's citizens from getting overrun. The villager NPCs aren't the main idea in my suggestion, they are just way to make the event harder and more rewarding based on the success of protecting each villager.
    And turning the are into PvE is in my opinion pretty much "taking back the north" and turning the village/town/city into more safer area.
  14. 20thCenturyBoy Retired Staff

XP:
    184,049xp
    I'm excited about it. :)
    vampire_toothy likes this.
  15. kspksp Regular Member

XP:
    26,001xp
    I wouldn't want less zombies spawning (at least, less than they are now). After securing a town, it turns into hunt-the-forsakens. So make the spawn rate really high if you fail (to make securing towns super difficult), but the same if you succeed.
  16. vampire_toothy Guest

XP:
    xp
    Hide your maciekwasz3's also! :stuck_out_tongue:
  17. MacWasPvp Platinum

XP:
    206,412xp
    Hide your kids, hide your wives, hide your dogs, cats, vampires, wolves, maciekwasz3's and your gaming PC!
  18. Senarii Platinum

XP:
    55,520xp
    Is the update out yet?
  19. wundaba Gold

XP:
    12,823xp
    While everyone or nearly everyone is happy about this, i'm kinda sad it is recommended for less than 5 players.It makes the game have even more clans and large players groups, literally destroying the solo aspect(as it's not already) and giving the ones who play alone less chances to have fun.The amount of zombies should depend on the number of players, or something like that.We should give everyone the chance to have fun and everyone should be able to win (even if the prize is smaller)as the others do.
    Just an opinion, no h8 m8s.
  20. Candere Obsidian

XP:
    3,816,371xp
    It's recommended to have 10 players? Not less than 5? It said at the least 5 super geared players.

I'm guessing you meant more than 5 players? As it's a server-wide announced event, I doubt you'll need a clan to beat it since most players will go after hearing about the rewards.
    Yes, on PVE it is anyway.