1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ Roleplay Server

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Navarr, Nov 6, 2013.

MineZ - Roleplay Server | Page 22
?

Do you want a roleplay server?

Yes (I'm a premium member) 282 vote(s) 47.9%
Yes (I'm not a premium member) 259 vote(s) 44.0%
No 48 vote(s) 8.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9ryex5 Regular Member

XP:
    26,371xp
    This, would, be, AWESOME!

2. StreamkadeII Silver

XP:
    43,646xp
    True, but mostly all you'd see is, once apon a time, I'm bored now dhcifbdiebcodbeocn@!?#****the end
  3. stupidookie Silver

XP:
    216,828xp
  4. Palo90 Platinum

XP:
    19,132xp
    Whoever said no has never actually lived in the World of Gaming for a few days. I mean, AN RPG IN SHOTBOW? COUNT ME IN! I would especially love writing the story about myself :stuck_out_tongue:
    L_J_S likes this.
  5. ShunYao Regular Member

XP:
    8,912xp
    Starting a backstory ------------ right now!
  6. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    34,575xp
    1 question. Will this be used in a different database?
  7. oposdeo Platinum

XP:
    18,265xp
    Well obviously. your character isn't going to magically get iron armor from another land, you gotta get it on the RP server.
  8. StreamkadeII Silver

XP:
    43,646xp
    I've got ideas for mine...
  9. Melonian Regular Member

XP:
    8,156xp
    Sounds cool, but I think that PVP should be toggle-able so that you can peacefully roleplay with friends, or you can seek out adventure and danger with combat. Another thing is, how will items work? I don't think you could say your character is heavily armored in diamond and armed with a powerful bow, making your character much stronger than others. Even with a backstory, like I could say something like this:
    'Name: Billy
    Job: Military
    Items: Diamond Sword and Armor along with a big food supply
    Back Story: Recruited into the military at 20, he is now well trusted by them and has just recently gone out on an expedition with heavy supplies.'
    See how easy it is to make an overpowered character? Imagine if you're roleplaying as a basic robber and you got into a fight with Billy. Billy will easily defeat you, and now your favourite character the basic robber can't be played anymore because the basic robber died.

EDIT: Also, if you tried to fix this by making you only able to find items in the rping world, then this is just like a clone of MineZ or wasted sandbox except you roleplay, which if you wanted, you could of done in MineZ or Wasted.
  10. oposdeo Platinum

XP:
    18,265xp

This is being done in Minez, and you don't get to really spawn with anything. It is basically mineZ with RP aspects. What have you been reading?
    JCJJRA likes this.
  11. StreamkadeII Silver

XP:
    43,646xp
    That's kinda the point, it's not linked to main accounts, so you can't go and get full iron in normal mineZ, and use it in RP, you'd make your character, and then have a spawn kit, also, admins have to accept it, so if you say use have full diamond armour, it may be declined. As for the PVP, remember, if ypu go and kill everyone you see, if you die, it's not just 'oh big deal, respawn,' it's go to website, think for a bit, type a story then respawn.
    Andy0132 and NikkoTheNeko like this.
  12. Beast2x Emerald

XP:
    31,806xp
    Everyone is going to spawn with the same gear (more than likely). You will have to find all of your items, just like in MineZ. The whole point of a MineZ RP server is to be just that; MineZ with some RP. No where has Navarr ever said that you will be able to choose your starting gear. Even if you could choose it, why would he approve a character that starts with a diamond sword?

Again, this is going to be MineZ with RP. I don't understand why you have a problem with finding supplies. Don't play if you don't like challenge of PvP and looting.
  13. Melonian Regular Member

XP:
    8,156xp
    Sorry, I think you don't understand what i'm trying to say. On MineZ, if you want you can bring in friends and roleplay in a safe area. I never said I have a problem with finding supplies, and I never said I don't like pvp or looting.

Alrighty then, this making sense, thanks.

What have you been reading? I said you could just RP in MineZ. Where did you get this from?
  14. oposdeo Platinum

XP:
    18,265xp
    Ok I've numbered these to order them.

1) In the situation you are talking about, you have a small area, people can come from outside to kill you, you are only with friends, and it's kind of rough. It also lacks the plugins this does. In this version, it is a large scale, over 100 max people roleplay taking part in all (or a large portion) of the map, where for the most part you can't take friends in due to no player to name recognition. It's basically a giant roleplay, with strangers (Which is way cooler!) Completely designed around roleplaying. Judging by your suggestions in "toggle pvp on and off" and the section about gear, I don't think you get the point of this. This isn't about roleplaying with a few friends, it's entirely different. If you wanna go RP with your friends, just go do that now.

3) You said
    EDIT: Also, if you tried to fix this by making you only able to find items in the rping world, then this is just like a clone of MineZ or wasted sandbox except you roleplay, which if you wanted, you could of done in MineZ or Wasted.

Showing that you are entirely missing the point. I didn't realize "you could of done in MineZ or Wasted" meant using the currently made servers to roleplay, so now I'll give you a reason why you can't do that. Basically, this is a giant roleplay, where you are FORCED to roleplay, and everyone has to play along. this isn't just with friends, and for the most part, you aren't supposed to play with friends anyways, since you aren't supposed to know who the players are in real life. This is a serious, commited roleplay server. Not a few people derping around in a few cities, then being killed by bandits.
    Andy0132 likes this.
  15. Melonian Regular Member

XP:
    8,156xp
    Okay, thank you. I wasn't sure what you were trying to say...
    AbsoluteZero27 likes this.
  16. Leonezardo Regular Member

XP:
    27,419xp
    Will there be a peace for new beginners? We don't want spawn kills everywhere
    Andy0132 likes this.
  17. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    I'm going to close this meta discussion, since it is no longer beneficial to keep up with.

My biggest note is that I will be programming this, but you shouldn't expect it soon. My workload at my actual job is heavy, and I'm kind of nervous about starting anything before we're done moving from 1.6 to 1.7.

You can follow this thread now for more blog like updates until such a later time that I feel like meta-discussion becomes necessary again.
  18. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    I'm very sorry, but following on the coat-tails of the Unavowed announcement - I've decided to cancel this project completely.

I would like to deeply apologize what an enormous disappointment this must be to those of you who were looking forward to it. I failed to bring this idea to fruition, but it's concepts are not lost forever.

Thank you for the encouragement, and I'm sorry I couldn't make our dream a reality.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.