1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Class Suggestion Riftwalker re-work

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Maashg, Aug 21, 2020.

Class Suggestion - Riftwalker re-work
?

Do you like this idea?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2020.
Yes! 3 vote(s) 23.1%
Yes but it needs some re-work.. 2 vote(s) 15.4%
No. 8 vote(s) 61.5%
  1. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    Hello everyone.
    I am here to share my personal suggestions about Riftwalker class.

As you know, the Riftwalker class has a big role in current meta. But Riftwalker was always same since it is added.
    But yeah due to new meta, it become so OP now.

I saw that with the new update players can not rift to invis people. I don't think this is really good idea, why?

The part that made Riftwalker OP is rushers can easily go inside of the enemy base. So we should focus on that. Making invis players un-riftable won't really fix that much. It will just annoy more and make the game more complicated. We can still easily rift to enemy bases with fast-Scouting or Spy class. Or we can just hide as an invis and block arround then break a block and stay for 10 seconds.

Because of we should focus on "how to stop enemies enter the base so easily" i have some suggestions also shared my some suggestions about some classes here.

- Make invis players riftable again.
    - When players rifted, they should be frozen on their place for 2 seconds (but they can still fight or break the blocks - can not get knockbacked / swapped / hooked / whirlwinded).
    - After rifting, give them Weakness II (10 seconds), Slowness I (5 seconds) and Glowing (10 seconds) effects.
    - When they rifted, we should get "sounds like someone is rifted" notification with the sound effect just like in MineZ (If you are 10 block closer).
    -When someone rifted you, there should be a notification in the chat that shows who rifted with whos. For example "Gurhan has rifted you with Spark_Warrior, YusufSelim and Wushack.".

This will also fix the mine rushing with riftwalker. You know it is not fun when you are mining and 4 people rifting to you. So i believe those changes will fix every problems about Riftwalker. By these changes you don't have to make invis players un-riftable, don't have to decrease rift spot etc. Instead of making complicated patches, change the system from its root.

I hope these suggestions will help Annihilation! :)
    Best regards
    Maashg
    RikkeZ and Gurhann like this.

2. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    Made some changes:

Weakness 20 seconds --> 10 seconds
    Slowness 10 seconds --> 5 seconds
    Freeze 3 seconds --> 2 seconds
    RikkeZ likes this.
  3. Led Gold

XP:
    160,667xp
    Terrible suggestion. None of these changes prevent what makes the class awful in the first place: safely bypassing entire enemy defenses at no cost.
  4. pigplayer Councilor

XP:
    653,120xp
    Personally I still don't think invis should be able to be rifted to, neither should bats (idk if they fixed that already). The glowing effect would be nice to show that someone is being rifted to, the problem is rift is not consensual. Meaning that anyone can be rifted to on your team, regardless of if they want you to. So someone might be solo rushing and if you rift to them you're giving them all these effects like weakness and slowness that they didn't ask for. Rift should be like a /tpa, where the target player should have to do /rift accept or something like that.
    Ivandagiant and JeTi_Brothers like this.
  5. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp
    I think removing the ability to rift to invisible players was a great addition. That tactic was overused and proven to be too strong. As you said you could still do it right now by going as an invis and simply blocking yourself in and removing your invis effect. I think that tactic would still work but it is definitely harder than it used to be, sounds good. I think giving the person that you are rifting to a glowing effect for ~ 3-5 seconds will also be a good addition.

I'm not sure what to think of the effects you want to give to the players. I think weakness, slowness and a glow might not be necessary. 10 second glow also seems way too long as it takes away the stealth entirely. A few seconds to notify enemies but not enough to actually kill the person that is being rifted to seems to be a fair solution imo.
  6. Maashg Platinum

XP:
    1,439,347xp
    FORGOT TO ADD THIS:

When someone rifted you, there should be a notification in the chat that shows who rifted with whos.
    For example "Gurhan has rifted you with Spark_Warrior, YusufSelim and Wushack.
    JeTi_Brothers likes this.
  7. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp