1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Reward for Last hit on Nexus

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by HyuYou, Mar 25, 2019.

Discussion - Reward for Last hit on Nexus
  1. Hugh_The_Peasant Gold

XP:
    240,827xp
    Hello,

I'm suggesting that there be another reward for someone who gets the last nexus hit of a team (causing that team to be destroyed).

I was hoping for the reward to be a golden pickaxe that does X amount per hit with X durability when received during certain phases.

For example:
    Last nexus hit in phase 2 --> Golden pickaxe reward that does 2x damage with 20 durability
    Phase 3 --> last nexus hit will give pickaxe reward that does 3x damage with 7 durability.
    By the way, I've put no thought into the damage points and durability.

I think defending is even more of an option when you know "(insert player name)" just received the Annihilator ( what I'm calling the golden pickaxe thingy).

Does this make annihilation less of a team game? what can make this idea worth testing? If you like it, what extra damage and durability do you think the pickaxe should have in each phase?

edit:
    -the Annihilator will spawn in a chest at your team's base that only you can open. However, you may choose to give the pickaxe to another player.

2. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    Mining speed is already ping based and this would just make people block their team mates from mining so they can try steal the final hit :?
    cokc and HyuYou like this.
  3. IncognitoSausage Platinum

XP:
    197,661xp
    It would ruin the cohesion/fluidity of the rush, as the people who are mean't to be defending the rusher will then abandon their position in order to run down/up to the nexus to get the final hit, potentially allowing the defenders to overcome the rushers. Maybe a reward in xp, like 200xp for getting the final hit or you get the annihilator tag (like a pink tag or whatever colour) next to your name in chat for that particular game only. So it gives you a cool chat feature. I believe if rushers can successfully wipe a team, they shouldn't get an item that makes them OP.
    HyuYou likes this.
  4. Hugh_The_Peasant Gold

XP:
    240,827xp
    Yeah, that's possible too :/
    I like the cool chat feature idea. I guess I only thought about solo rushes and not about how it plays in a team rush. Thanks!
  5. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    There are no plans at the moment to introduce an extra reward for the last hit as I don't see that being beneficial to teamplay. The reward you had in mind however is already in discussion as a possible new mechanic :wink: