1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Revision - Premium Weakness on Spawn by Rainbow_Dashi

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Hellomynameis99, Dec 29, 2013.

Suggestion - Revision - Premium Weakness on Spawn by Rainbow_Dashi
  1. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp
    In response to Rainbow_Dashi's recently bumped thread on the topic 'Premium Weakness on Spawn"
    http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/62485/

I agree with the thought behind it, but...

How many hits with my poor wooden sword will it take to kill a zombie when I have weakness? Or do I have to run away from the zombie until my weakness runs out? (Attracting more zombies in the process, I might add!) :stuck_out_tongue:

I suggest a larger system, which would obviously take more coding, but be better overall.
    All player kills within five minutes of spawning in are recorded to a database. Each player kill adds 20 seconds of weakness time to their next spawn, capped at three minutes.
    If the premium user dies, then respawns, they have the weakness timer. If they kill no players in the five minute time frame, 20 seconds, or one player kill, is subtracted from their weakness timer.

Example:
    I spawn in (no weakness) and kill three players before my five minute timer expires.
    When I next spawn in, I will have a minute of weakness. I do not kill anyone in the five minute timeframe.
    When I next die and respawn, I will have forty seconds of weakness.
    If I kill another three players, I will have one minute and forty seconds of weakness.

Points for discussion and deliberation:
    - Weakness cap (suggested at 3 minutes
    - Wether this system should affect all players or only premiums
    - Wether this system should come into effect upon choosing a spawn or both choosing a spawn and random spawning
    - How much time each player kill adds
    - How much time each non-hostile spawn decreases
    - How long the system records deaths for (suggested at 5 minutes)
    - Is this going too far? Should we leave MineZ as it is?

2. OffensiveHumour Platinum

XP:
    4,106xp
    Ok I've read the whole thing and I'm confused as ****.
    This would take so much time and work it's hardly worth it just to stop a few spawn kills. Surely just give everyone 10-20 seconds of slowness after they spawn and it'll be fine?

In my honest opinion people are looking WAY too far into this. Not everyone is an ass hole and needs to be stopped from spawn killing but if it's really that drastic then throw on a bit of spawn slowness. Not that hard.
    Plus it's not only premiums who try to do this. I've seen countless numbers of non-premiums constantly kill themselves to get to a certain location in order to kill others.
  3. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp
    I agree with your points. Not every premium member is a bloodthirsty killer, and not every regular is an angel.
    Currently, slowness upon login does nothing to negate the bloodshed, which I'm sure was the idea behind Rainbow_Dashi's original discussion.
  4. OffensiveHumour Platinum

XP:
    4,106xp

None of this is even realistic.
    I know this is just a Minecraft mod but there is at least a good amount of realism to it.
    I think everything I have to say here is pretty much covered here: http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/141304/#post-1060921

IMO this is all going way too far. If you don't like being killed by spawns. then get out of spawn towns. The reason for spawn towns is to get you started and that's pretty much it. Get your stuff. Move on. I swear to god if everyone did this then there'd be 80% less complaints and bitching abut spawn killing.
    (Please don't think of me as a twat for saying this but I don't use the forum much and even I'm already sick of this spawn killing chatter)
  5. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp

No, I don't think of you as a twat! You're giving a valid opinion, without which society would never get anywhere! :)