1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Regarding Goldrush

Discussion in 'The Network' started by dackknight09, Mar 9, 2017.

Question - Regarding Goldrush
  1. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp
    [IMG]
    As you can see, this image is from 2015. It says goldrush is coming to a close. Is this still the case? Has there been any progress regarding goldrush or has it been put on 'hold' to work on 1.9 like every other gamemode? This game still seems like a lot of fun but I don't think the world shall ever see it. Any update regarding this would be gladly appreciated. In the meanwhile feel free to answer what your 1.9 is going to be released.

~Dack
    DutchBartje likes this.

2. Axyy Network Co-Lead

XP:
    330,038xp
    Lazertester, the guy that was working on goldrush has retired
  3. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp
    So? The progress is just thrown in the garbage can? Get some one else to do it. Hire one for once. that might actually get things done.
  4. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

The gamemode itself still exists and has been ported to 1.9. There are still elements of the game that require attention, polish, rework, etc.

Hiring developers is not what we do. And no, that would "actually get things done". The dev team does this because they enjoy it. Comments like this just further hurt their motivation to provide content, for free, at the expense of their own time, to the wider community.
  5. ccccccccccccccc Regular Member

XP:
    3,954xp
    your dev(s) is free but its at the point where you should just hire someone temporarily with your donation revenue
  6. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp

As much as I would love to agree with you. It will always be better to have players to devote their time to it because they are so passionated about it. But as you probably know, it just doesn't work like that anymore. I'd have loved to play anni 1.9, goldrush or a working minez 2. But sadly that isn't the case.
  7. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Our revenue stream, like most other servers, was hit pretty hard by the EULA updates by Mojang. Whilst I don't have the exact figures (and even if I did I wouldn't disclose them!) I can tell you it has left us feeling the pinch so to speak. Hiring a developer would be such a risky undertaking compared to what else we could do.
  8. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp

Compared to nothing it is always going to be better :wink: