1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Recruit a Friend and Premium Perks

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Mysterious_Seven, Sep 20, 2017.

Suggestion - Recruit a Friend and Premium Perks
?

Would you like to have these perks?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2017.
Yea 7 vote(s) 87.5%
Nay 1 vote(s) 12.5%
  1. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    This server needs more people, and what would be better than rewarding people for expanding the playerbase!
    For all members I propose a recruit a friend system in which both players must be online to get a bonus. Perhaps a XP multiplier. I personally think anyone who has ether never played ShotBow or hasn't played for a year would fall under this category, obviously its something to be debated.

Changing class at the very start of the game is annoying.
    For Premium members I propose a way to select a default class and a way to disable free classes when you own them all. Sometimes I forget to pick a class or its listed in the free section when I the game is about to start and I don't click it fast enough, requiring me to go back to the nether portal and change.

2. JrPrank Regular Member

XP:
    12,200xp
    The expanding idea is a great idea! But could possibly be abused. And the changing class issue is so small that I don't think its wise for our devs to waste time on that, instead coding better things like new classes, ideas ect.
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
  3. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Could be abused with alts and such.
  4. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Just because it could be abused isn't enough for me to make any personal decision. Everyone who has alts usually gets on the Shotbow network with them. If this was just for annihilation, I would suggest only gold rank recruit and below. Suppose only people willing to spend $30 for a new account could get recruit a friend bonus. You could easily impose a week limit, making the entire process very expensive.
    Those points aside I have no idea what resources ShotBow has, so I suggested it and am mostly waiting for their response.

You never know. Degamification of their own UI sounds really easy.
    Classes need in depth thinking and balancing, UI changes are objective tasks and therefore simpler to solve.
  5. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    It'd be better to give players who recruit others that actually play on the network for X amount of hours a nominal XP bonus instead of a multiplier
  6. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Sounds like a step in the right direction.

This is a perfect example of what I encourage forum members to do, improve upon ideas instead of finding their faults.
    5 hours of thought on my part isn't going to make a great idea, we need passive thinking and brainstorming to be the norm.