1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Recall Stone

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by JonnyDvE, Jun 28, 2020 at 9:15 AM.

Suggestion - Recall Stone
?

This...

This poll will close on Jul 5, 2020 at 9:15 AM.
is a great Idea! 15 vote(s) 83.3%
is a good Idea but, [please comment down below] 1 vote(s) 5.6%
This is a horrible Idea because: [please comment down below] 2 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. JonnyDvE Platinum

XP:
    1,199,297xp
    Real OG might remember the recall stone, although it never really worked back in the day. It used to be a netherbrick that was supposed to teleport you back to base after placing and standing on it. I believe it was 10 Gold and single use only. If a huge rush is happening and you are too far away from the base this would give you another chance to try and defend the nexus.
    My suggestions are:
    Cost: 10 Gold
    Stone disappears after use, leaves behind a stone button on the ground (or someother kind of mark)
    Doesnt work while in combat (15sec)
    Time to recall is 10seconds
    Feel free to add something!
    Prealer, Axyy, Layhoun and 3 others like this.

2. LegendaryAlex Film Crew

XP:
    432,698xp
    Hmm wouldn't that kind of get rid of the timing part of rushing and it would get annoying if u are going to take over mid, u see a lot of people to fight at mid and boom they're gone... It would avoid confrontation.
    AgentPanda_ and JeTi_Brothers like this.
  3. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    37,477xp
    Yesss! I miss the recall stone, I was one of the only ones who used it but it was so useful to get out of a sticky situation when you were deep in enemy territory and couldn't risk being seen. Eventually I realized that you could simply /hub and rejoin, but now that you can't do that anymore I think they should bring back the recall stone
  4. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    284,187xp
    I'm against because it will have a huge influence on the game. If you get your timing right (or wrong) it can make it easier or harder to take certain locations or even an enemy nexus, if this gets added to the game it will make rushing way harder and the timing aspect will be gone. I like the fact that you have to decide between either taking mid or a base or staying on defense.

With games being so empty lately it might be nice because when there are so few players you pretty much have to defend, take mid and rush all in the same game. For that situation it might be nice, but I still don't think it would be a good improvement.
    Agredris likes this.
  5. Melia472 Platinum

XP:
    1,245,133xp
    Disable the function in enemy nexus to not make it too op
  6. Jarool Emerald

XP:
    31,777xp
    I remember how it worked. You would right-click it and you couldn't:
    1. Move your body
    2. Move your camera
    It was extremely limited in what you could do that /logout, while taking longer, was a safer bet because you could actually shoot back at incoming enemies to avoid being knocked around (and avoid moving your camera). Now that neither /hub nor /logout works, bringing it back (even with the stipulations) might be a good idea. Though, most teams RiftWalker rush anyways, so they already have an out. But, for solo players, it could be really neat to have.
  7. Agredris Platinum

XP:
    1,334,231xp
    A nice idea. I also remember this item back in the days. As stated above it takes away the perfect timing though. On the other hand you have 10 seconds advantage.

My only concern is: this might take away the strategy of rifting back to base eventhough it's a more 'expensive' way of doing so. On the other hand, this might counters the riftwalker rushes with an entire clan so you have an opportunity to stop the rush. (Especially for solo-players)

Really interested what other people think about this idea and maybe know how to improve this suggestion. +1 for now. :)