Other Qubion Creative has opened Moderator applications

Discussion in 'Qubion Creative' started by McJeffr, Jan 2, 2017.

Other - Qubion Creative has opened Moderator applications
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McJeffr Regular Member

XP:
    112,224xp
    [IMG]

Hello everyone!

First of all, happy new year to all of you! We got a lot planned for 2017 but we will release more information about that later this month. For now, we want to update you all on something else.

Qubion Creative is looking for new Moderators to support the current Moderator team. Do you think you got what it takes to moderate the Qubion Creative server? Apply today at http://qubion.net/apply/.

- McJeffr, Qubion Lead Administrator

2. DutchBartje Emerald

XP:
    454,270xp
    I'm really tempted to click on that link and give it a shot, but I'm not the greatest builder and I'm certainly not as active as some other Qubion players.

I wish every applicant the best of luck! :wink:
  3. McJeffr Regular Member

XP:
    112,224xp
    It should be noted that for Moderators building experience is very useful, but as a Moderator you don't have to be the greatest builder yourself. Identifying what counts as a "good" or a "bad" build when it comes to reviews and seeing how people can improve on a plot is more important than building yourself. These skills are tought during the trial phase of a Moderator for Qubion Creative.
    DutchBartje likes this.
  4. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    26,804xp
    I would like to apply, but I have one question. When you get accepted as moderator, are you still able to play on other gamemodes on Shotbow? Because I know when you are a moderator or admin in any other gamemode, You won't be able to play anymore of any of the gamemodes. Like Minez and such. You need an alt to still play. I know Qubion is a totally different server, with other rules. So my question is. Will being moderator on qubion affect anything on shotbow?

Edit: And how does this affect on qubion itself? Will I still be able to play normally and try to get ranked up by other mods?
  5. McJeffr Regular Member

XP:
    112,224xp
    Heyo! Let me answer some of your questions.

Qubion's staff team is mostly disconnected from Shotbow's staff team. Qubion is a seperate entity / team that is partnered with Shotbow in regards to our public server. This means that being a Moderator or Builder on Qubion has no effect to your Shotbow rank. You will only be staff on the Qubion Creative server inside of the Qubion team, not inside of the Shotbow team. This means you can continue playing other gamemodes without any changes in your rank and thus your experience.

When you are a Moderator on Qubion, you get the [Mod] rank and tag in front of your name. This means that you are now part of our staff team. You are capable of building, in fact, Moderators have the same building tools as Qubion builders do. However, you obviously can't rank up normally because you are a Moderator, not a regular player. We can't rank up a Moderator from plots because Moderator itsself is already a rank.

I hope this answered the questions you had.
    DutchBartje and _RunningKing_ like this.
  6. WobbleWalrus Silver

XP:
    279,918xp
    If only I had time to play like I used to...
    DutchBartje likes this.
  7. Axyy Obsidian

XP:
    95,000xp
    If you're a Mini Adam in a gamemode, you can still play other gamemodes. If you're minez admin you're not able to play minez on your main but you can still play other gamemodes on your main account.
    _RunningKing_ likes this.
  8. McJeffr Regular Member

XP:
    112,224xp
    True, however as I already explained, Qubion has a different staff team that involves no "Mini Admin" rank or anything like that. Our staff team operates differently from the rest of Shotbow, so the generic approach of what you can do as a Shotbow Mini Admin does not apply to Qubion, as I already explained.
    DutchBartje likes this.
  9. Axyy Obsidian

XP:
    95,000xp
    I know, just explaining to Lomrun that can play other gamemodes when you're a mini admin or higher. :D
  10. McJeffr Regular Member

XP:
    112,224xp
    Ranks are not really the key factor that determine whether or not someone gets a moderator position on the server. We have had mods who were Veteran, mods who were Legatus and even Builders who did not hold any position on our server.

We closed our applications a couple of weeks ago though, so I am also locking this thread as for now there is no need for it.
    FinH and DutchBartje like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.