1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Update PTR Bugs and Suggestions

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Fridge2177, Oct 26, 2018.

Update - PTR Bugs and Suggestions
  1. Fridge2177 Retired Staff

XP:
    269,370xp
    Hey everyone !

So the PTR is officially here and part of our commitment to making the game better is listening more to the community. below you will find a list of bugs, but if you find anymore please make a comment below and we will add them to this list. When they are fixed they will then be removed from this post or noted in some fashion.

Follow this format and include images or videos if you can ! :

Bug Report
    Description :
    Recreation steps :
    Date found :

If you would like to make a suggestion or have feedback on the current PTR changes, please let us know ! Just write a comment below on what you would like to see in the game, or what you would like to see changed and provide some context.

We will be monitoring this thread closely

Known Bugs
    • no global chat (yet) // eye of ender removed
    • /prefs doesn't work
    • No AFK DC timer in lobby
    • Grenades do more than 3 hearts of damage
    • Pistons seem to be buggier than usual when there are other entities on at the same time
    • Night's shadow doesn't work (unconfirmed)
    • /mz deathmessages doesnt seem to carry over between sessions sometimes
    • Wolves can trample tilled soil
    • Death message that says something along the lines of "entity.MineZZombie.name killed <player> with <block>"
    • Wolves do not agro to the player when you shoot them
    Bugs Fixes
    • Please check the change log here
    Please note that if a game-breaking bug is found, the PTR will be taken down till it is fixed.
    Goliac, TeazHacks, Marine_PvP and 2 others like this.

2. HeroLonely Obsidian

XP:
    370,102xp
    Some Suggestions:
    - guild system, /mz guild create / invite / leave / join / kick. When you become a member of guild, there will be a tag behind the name., like cyclone_43 create The Brotherhood . Cyclone_43[TBH] ,The same guild player will see the same color when he sees his teammates.

- gapple need 3heart regen ,3 yellow heart . There is no need to change its spawn rate in pot chest.

- Loot chest ,Don't nerf lootchest again ,That will not make players feel more interesting, it will only make players feel more waste of time. Faster collection efficiency allows players to do what they want to do faster in minez. dungeon chest need a little buff. At the very least, it should be directly proportional to the costs and benefits,Instead of getting chains.

- fix and balance legendary item, Don't let them polarize. look like therum's strength and Agni's rage (no hit dmg) ,There is no comparison.

- fix Knockback ,now hitting with sprint same hitting with stand in PTR server,The same Knockback makes it look even smaller than the normal server.

- banned update or Reset, I quite understand the rigour of shotbow, but it really needs to be more reasonable now. veryone should have a new opportunity.

- Trash Talk banned , More civilized game environment. When a player is reported and has evidence, he should be banned from 24hour.
  3. IvanDoomy Retired Staff

XP:
    578,128xp
    I really like the wolves but I think they can be tweaked a little more. They should work as a pack, as in if one attacks/gets attacked by another entity (be it zombie or player) all the wolves in a 10 block radius should all aggro on it until it's dead. Also, the fact you can turn wolves from hostile back to neutral with a snowball. I like the mechanic when used on zombies but not when used on wolves.
    Their line of sight needs some tweaks too. Sometimes you can just climb on a tree and as soon as you're behind a block they'll go back to neutral. They should have a minimal visibility range where they will aggro on anything that's in a 3-5 block radius from them, too.
    Smartz_ and Fridge2177 like this.
  4. OrcaHedral Warband Mini Admin

XP:
    45,590xp
    Suggestion - Make high-tier chests have a decent spawn rate again (Because certain locations are basically useless now because it takes 70 years for a chest to spawn)
    Meme_MC and Fridge2177 like this.
  5. IvanDoomy Retired Staff

XP:
    578,128xp
    The snowball stack size should be increased from 3 to 5 or higher. Since bows no longer take aggro, they basically don't work well for dungeons with huge waves of zombies. Snowballs can now kind of fulfill that purpose as a crowd control item. It doesn't take all of the zombies to you but instead lets you 'stun' a big group and take them out individually.
    Toyl and FadingGeneral like this.
  6. Tatre Retired Staff

XP:
    15,226xp
    zombie spawn is too high, specifically at al hasa. You just can't pvp without getting jumped by too many zeds to the point where its not fun, its just bs and you die from zombies while tryna fight
    Toyl likes this.
  7. Tatre Retired Staff

XP:
    15,226xp
    seeing as ptr will be released soon, ill give my final thoughts. Overall, PTR is better than live in terms of pvp, and i like it a lot better. Some changes to make the game harder are nice too. However, you have to keep the game fun. Thats where it falls short. First; making gearing harder doesnt really make the game much harder. It makes it more tedious and less enjoyable. Drink 2s are too uncommon, its ridiculous how long it can take to get a drink inv. Second, in some areas, hordes of zombies are just stupid. I find it the worst in the gravel. You'll be running to a destination and will just end up having to use pots, sometimes splashes, because 6 zombies spawned. Then you have to regear again. Not fun, tedious and annoying. Difficulty needs to be achieved in a way that isnt annoying. Id be ok with the zombies if gearing wasnt so tedious. every horde of zombies can make you have to go reagear again. I think the zombie horde size should be smaller, but with similar spawns. This way, every horde isnt as ridiculous to fight off. You would still have the same high damage and zombies would still be a threat. I would also like to see buffed drink 2 drops. It should not be as hard as it is to get drink 2s. Finally, linger pots are a bit common. Theyre useless for pvp and they make pot rares just annoying if you are trying to gear for pvp, as I would much rather like a drink 2. Overall, improvement from live in some ways, but still has issues.
    ArsMagia and Toyl like this.
  8. Meifot Gold

XP:
    219,469xp
    Suggestion: Re-add eyes of ender at least until a global chat mode is available.
    cyclone_43 likes this.