1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Premium Perk Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Network' started by MTrout, Aug 30, 2017.

Suggestion - Premium Perk Suggestions
  1. MTrout Platinum

XP:
    729,897xp
    Premium Perk Suggestions!

DISCLAIMER: Just because I am a staff member does not mean these perks will be added. With that said, let's proceed. :)

Nowadays, ever since the EULA, I have seen more and more people feel frustrated that their premium ranks do not give nearly as many perks as in the past. There is a lot less possible perks to add since the EULA is very strict on no "pay to play". However, it is still possible to add premium perks--likely by "taking" away from regular membership benefits. In my opinion, we should remove as many regular privileges as possible while still maintaining fun and fair gamemodes.

Unfortunately, I could only think of perks for the three gamemodes that I play the most.

-- All Gamemodes --

-Increasing the entire server's xp multiplier: ***Credit to AnniMaster for this idea!***
    I added AnniMaster's idea here since Navarr appeared to like it--more publicity for a good idea can't be a bad thing! :wink:

-- Lobby --

-Lobby Preferences: I believe it is a bug anyway, but premiums should have their preferences--particle, armor, and pet choices--saved for every time they log in. That way, premiums would no longer need to keep resetting dyed armor upon login, for example.

-Chat speed: This one is really controversial, but I know other servers make it so non-donators cannot type faster than every three seconds. It is a huge pain, but that would be a big incentive to buy premium.

-Hotbar: Hotbar items could be saved so that premium players always spawn with the same hotbar layout. For example, maybe a player wants to spawn with a diamond sword in the 6th slot, and bedrock parkour blocks in the 7th slot.

-- MineZ --

-Events: Events are an amazing experience, but with the EULA, I think they should be premium-only just to buff premium perks. Events in themselves are enough incentive to buy premium. If I recall correctly, events used to be premium only and I believe it should go back to being that way.

-Spawnpoint number: Only premiums should be told in the chat what spawnpoint they spawn at when they do /mz spawn. This makes it easier to navigate sometimes, and it is not much of an advantage anyway. For example, if you spawn at spawnpoint #26, you would be told so in chat. Then, if you wanted to reach Romero, you know to run east since Romero is around #27ish. It just makes it so, assuming you know the map well enough, you can reach your spawn town without having to check the map.

-Global Deathmessages and Shield command: Premiums should have the server remember what their preferences are for that. So, non-premiums would just have to do /mz deathmessages and /mz shield every time they log into the server if they wish to see global deathmessages and remove the shield. Or we could make the deathmessage and shield commands premium only, if that does not violate the EULA.

-Rearranging spawn inventory: Only premiums should be allowed to choose their spawn inventory layout.

-Friend command: Only premiums should have access to this, if it is brought back.

-Custom Death Messages: This is not my favorite idea, but maybe have the player be able to edit their death messages. So instead of “[Player] MURDERED [Player] with a wood sword!” it could read “[Player] was REKT by [Player] with a wood sword!” I mean, the zombie death messages have humor, so why can’t the other death messages?

-- GG --

-/duel command: Premiums should be able to do /duel [player] to start a 1v1 in a separate arena.

-Inventory layout: Premiums should be able to spawn with a preferred inventory layout. Honestly, it is quite a pain to rearrange the inventory every time you die.

-- Annihilation --

-Literally everything under /pref should be premium only, as I do not see any of it as "pay to win".

-Custom death messages: See "Custom Death Messages" under MineZ.
    cokc, JTGangsterLP6, Goliac and 11 others like this.

2. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    187,829xp
    Wonderful and exactly what I was looking for :) I'm sure everyone wants some new perks/features :D
    MTrout likes this.
  3. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    187,829xp
    We're still up for more suggestions!!!
    MTrout likes this.
  4. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    I dont like the permium only events.
    Everything under /pref dont make sense because there is also shields which people dont like. So you can only get rid of ur shield with premium?
    Custom chat messages... No because the chat will be spammed soo much in the beginning that it will be boring and spammy.
    Also deathmessages can turn into a toxic thing cause the player is still in the game and he can interact with the player so if it says PLAYER1 GOT REKT BY PLAYER2 Player2 is going to provoke Player1. You get me?
    Getting rid of a shield for premium is pretty scummy imo because you should decide if you have a shield or not.
    This is just my opinion so take it easy pal. :wink:
    The rest isnt bad.

Have a great day
    Ktrompfl and MTrout like this.
  5. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    187,829xp
    Ok pref allowed /swag would be prem only
  6. MTrout Platinum

XP:
    729,897xp
    Can't you just throw out the shield like you can in GG? Or am I remembering things wrong?

If you cannot get rid of the shield without using /pref, then yes, that would be a bad idea. :lmao:

I did not mean for it to sound like shields would be premium only. I was trying to say that choosing to spawn *without* a shield should be a premium choice, assuming that shields can be dropped.

This is the scenario that I intended:
    A player happens to hate shields. Said player is a regular member. Upon respawn, they must simply "q" their shield to drop it.
    Another player also hates shields. They are premium, so they could do /pref and choose to not spawn with shields. Then they never have to "q" their shields since they do not even spawn with one.

Thanks for the response! :)

Keep the comments coming everyone. :D
    JTGangsterLP6 likes this.
  7. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    I know you can throw out shields but I have heard many complaints in the game saying that u should be able to throw it out perm in GG. Having a shield just makes the game less fun if u are new and u cant disable them. If you throw it out, it will appear againt if u die. Which is pretty annoying, trust me, if u play anni, it really is annoying. U cant drop a shield using q, u have to press e and throw it out.
  8. Flailingphoenix Gold

XP:
    91,311xp
    Seems llike a good idea!
    MTrout likes this.
  9. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

The majority of events being a premium perk makes sense. Events are something that require a lot of resources from a server perspective and a staffing perspective. I consistently push for more of our events to be premium-only, because it has always been one of our advertised selling points.

Ideally, we would have a lot more events, with a lot of them premium only, and still have consistent regular events.
  10. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    187,829xp
    He just said not all events would be premium only -_-
  11. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    I can't read, okay? :(
  12. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    187,829xp
    Lel
  13. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp

ye pls
    +1 for all of these.
    For events, I think some events should be premium only, and others are for everyone. RIP BurnedApplePie
    +1 for Spawnpoint thing
    +1 with death messages
    +1 for rearranging inventory
    For the friend command, I think it should be for everyone because there is a lot of regular member and it doesn't make sense for the /friend system only work for premium.
    I don't know about the death messages. But i'm fine with it.
    Please add /duel
    +1 for the 2nd one
    I still don't see why they made /pref for everyone
    +1 for the custom death messages. I suggested it, but instead of picking what the death message says, it's random like in minez.
    AnniMaster and MTrout like this.
  14. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    187,829xp
    In summary pls add everything xd
  15. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    As long as subscribers get these perks if changed, then I'm fine with it since I might be getting it soon
    _Swipe likes this.
  16. anniPARERA Obsidian

XP:
    187,829xp
    Subscribers don’t count as a multiplier :(
  17. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    It doesn't because there aren't enough premium players on at one time anymore for an event to be prem only and have enough players to work.
    LegendaryAlex likes this.