1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Possible bug

Discussion in 'Gun Game' started by Donald_Trump_FTW, Feb 8, 2016.

Question - Possible bug
  1. Ghostchickenx9 Platinum

XP:
    369,655xp
    So I was playing gun game yesterday, and more than 3 times I killed a player at the same time they killed me (It did announce the kill in feed). I did not get the next gun type, however. My question is: Is this a bug or is it intentional?

2. ThgilFoDrol Platinum

XP:
    80,523xp
    Now that you mention it, I think that's happened to me before. Sometimes both myself and my opponent get killed and I wouldn't progress to the next gun- I usually just dismissed it as deja vu or something though.
  3. KoenigApfel Regular Member

XP:
    94,770xp
    I always thought that this was intentional, because the one who kills the other one first gets the kill. Think of it like the bullets are not teleporting but actually travelling, so it can be that your bullet was fired just a bit earlier.
    And technically like that you are dead at the point you get the kill, and because of that it is invalid.
    Not sure if it really is intended though. ^^
    BrassBuilder and Cahillguy like this.
  4. Ghostchickenx9 Platinum

XP:
    369,655xp
    Ah, that would make sense.
  5. ThgilFoDrol Platinum

XP:
    80,523xp
    I would prefer if the kill is valid even while dead; otherwise it would detract from the mechanics of the game- it'd end up focused on exclusively killing, rather than killing your opponents while surviving. That being said, it's fairly minor and unlikely to happen on a regular basis, so the impact of going either way probably isn't high enough to warrant a lot of change.
  6. KoenigApfel Regular Member

XP:
    94,770xp
    I would say it is the other way around. Having a valid kill when you are already dead seems to me like the gameplay would be focused on killing instead of surviving.

Edit: I thought the very first sentence states that fodrol would appreciate it if the kill would be counted even if you are already dead Oo.
    Well, maybe I misunderstood (still not sure ), anyway I'm fine with the way it is.
  7. Ghostchickenx9 Platinum

XP:
    369,655xp
    I think you said the exact same thing lol. But yea this is not a very major problem, it's just that I wanted to make sure that the admins are aware of it.
  8. 97WaterPolo Administrator

XP:
    1,056,375xp
    In response to the question, whoever kills first gets the next gun upgrade, if you get the kill after you die, it doesn't count as progression to the next level. That was intentionally added to encourage players to survive, instead of just YOLOing it out there and getting lucky enough to get a kill after they had died. :)
  9. Ghostchickenx9 Platinum

XP:
    369,655xp
    Ah, thanks.
  10. Cahillguy Regular Member

XP:
    148,037xp
    Your signature checks out.
    BrassBuilder and 97WaterPolo like this.