1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other [POLL] Revert potions to 1.5 in Map 19

Discussion in 'HardCore Factions' started by Johnzeh, Jun 5, 2014.

Other - [POLL] Revert potions to 1.5 in Map 19
?

Revert potions to 1.5.X and if so, which kit?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2014.
Prot IV Reverted Potions 85 vote(s) 42.1%
Prot II Reverted Potions 96 vote(s) 47.5%
No Reverted Potions 20 vote(s) 9.9%
Other Kit (Reply in same format as my kit layout saying what it is and if it should be reverted) 1 vote(s) 0.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnzeh Silver

XP:
    31,379xp
    Hello HCFactions community! I am making this poll today for the HCFactions staff to see whether the community wants 1.5 Reverted potions next map or if they want them to stay the same. Please note that with the reversion of potions it will open a completely different door that HCF has not been able to see since Map 10.5 and lower. If the potions are reverted and made to the Map 9 loadout, Archer, Rogue and Bard will become far more balanced classes along with the actual Diamond class.

Unless a better choice is given, the loadout would most likely be either:

Armor: Protection IV, Unbreaking III, Feather Falling IV
    Weapons: Sharpness V, Fire Aspect II, Knockback II - Power V, Flame I, Infinity I, Punch II
    Potions: Speed II/Speed Ext., Strength II/Strength Ext., Fire Resistance Ext., Regeneration II/Regeneration Ext., Poison Ext., Weakness Ext., Slowness Ext.

or,

Armor: Protection II, Unbreaking III, Feather Falling IV
    Weapons: Sharpness I, Fire Aspect II, Knockback II - Power IV, Flame I, Infinity I, Punch II
    Potions: Speed II/Speed Ext., Strength II/Strength Ext., Fire Resistance Ext., Regeneration II/Regeneration Ext., Poison Ext., Weakness Ext., Slowness Ext.

Both of these kits players receive less damage in and are also able to carry far less health potions (Such as extra armor set, bow & arrows, extra regeneration potions, debuffs, etc.).

I am not making this post completely based on the hopes that the staff will see it, but I was told by the staff that if the majority of the active community votes yes to it, its highly likely to be done. Chris752w has already coded potion reversion, and just needs the community to decide if they want it or not. If the outcome results in a yes, he will talk to the other admins about it.

Please, vote on what you would prefer for next map.

Also, for those who do not believe me, here is video proof of Chris752w saying they will likely revert the potions of the majority of the active community says so:

Remember to upvote the reddit post if you found this poll through the reddit so that the word is spread more.

2. ImANative0 Platinum

XP:
    264,729xp
  3. Futurizing Platinum

XP:
    106,144xp
    hmm i want to see how pro 2 with str will be like
  4. littlevenk Silver

XP:
    10,727xp
    Prot IV would be fun.
  5. Camellia Gold

XP:
    23,485xp
    Please remove Strength II and all Regen from the second kit. :c
    HAMmer848 likes this.
  6. Johnzeh Silver

XP:
    31,379xp
    It's not tanky without regen.
  7. Daesium Silver

XP:
    18,113xp
    Prot 4 1.5
  8. Balance Platinum

XP:
    25,218xp
    Prot III, Unb III, FFIV
    Sharp III Fire II (no knockback) Power IV Flame I Inf I Punch I (useful bows)
    Speed II fire res, instant health II (1.5) poison not ext., slowness not ext.

Some of your ideas I seriously dislike, johnzeh. Knockback is stupid for PvP and I don't like having to pot up str or regen, way more fun without it. Why would I want to farm an extra prot set before a fight?

If I had to choose, I would use the 2nd kit

Oh and NO OPPLES

and question: is instant health 1.5 where it heals 3 hearts or 6 hearts? and which one would we be using
  9. Enphy Platinum

XP:
    10,045xp
    As long as there's no 1.5 sprint!
  10. daeshik Gold

XP:
    30,964xp
    Trust me, it's really similar to the kit now. No kit like Map 9/8 has been played since 1.5.2. You guys should at least give it a shot.
  11. toontasker Regular Member

XP:
    21,121xp

Going with daeshik on this one, you guys are just scared of the grind, trust me, it's not too bad with 1.7.2 enchanting. Full prot 4 in 1.5 pvp was a really good kit and I'd like to see the community give it a shot.
  12. JacobArnold Regular Member

XP:
    803xp
    Prot 4 reverted would be amazing.
  13. HAMmer848 Silver

XP:
    12,870xp

Yes but to have to bring Strength, Regen, Fire res, AND Speed to a battle is quite a hassle
  14. Samstag1 Retired Staff

XP:
    18,630xp
    From my experience during map 8/9/10 prot 4 PvP was a lot of fun. While you needed to carry a lot more buffs you also needed less health pots since the kit was kinda tanky.

My recommendation would be vanilla 1.5 prot & pots, but without poison, slowness and weakness extended also without the stronger versions of them. That would also allow special loot to be added to King of the Hill and Palace like in map 9, for example the prot 8 (?) helmets or sharp 6 swords in addition to the regular fortune and looting 4 stuff.

While I can understand that people also liked the prot 2 kit, it felt very similar to the current kit and wouldn't make a big difference.

To those complaining about the endless grind for the armor: Armor is supposed to be more valuable with this kit so that if you die you don't just loose one of several hundred but one of a small amount of armor sets. Additionally, the admins could also rise the XP-multiplier a small bit so that the grind isn't that extreme.
    Techno141 likes this.
  15. daeshik Gold

XP:
    30,964xp
    Or just
    Or with just all pots. Fights were a lot of fun and went fine with all pots.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.