1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Poll - How many of you actually play DBV?

Discussion in 'Death by Void' started by ZomBry, Oct 28, 2013.

Poll - How many of you actually play DBV? | Page 2
  1. Infernam Silver

XP:
    30,500xp
    Failed the First jump,raged,quit...

2. lilian85660 Regular Member

XP:
    4,598xp
    I personally like DBV. I've beaten every map besides 3x3 (DAMN YOU HIGHLIFE!!!!!!!!) and Kablooey (The "other,other" surf map...or whatever. Not FalseComfort or TestTheLazers...Those are easy and fun :3)
    But really ZomBry,how do you beat maps in LESS THAN THREE SECONDS?!?!??
    And no,YOU are the Almighty of DBV.
  3. SarcasticFanatic Gold

XP:
    46,690xp
    I played DBV once before, and because I had no idea how the mechanics worked (and had no idea there was a tutorial) I simply quit after 5 minutes. Returning to it one or two weeks ago, it's now one of my favourite game modes. I might not be a pro, but completing easy courses as fast as you can is always very fun :D. I showed the mode to my friend today, we got to the point where we completed the tutorial, and almost a proper course. We'll definitely be revisiting this again - it's hilarious over skype to see each other miss a jump by one block :stuck_out_tongue:.
  4. Infekterade Platinum

XP:
    140,024xp
    i think dbv isnt that fun and it would be a good idea to take down its servers since barely anyone plays on them, but they could edit the loby to have its maps so people will still have dbv and shotbow can save money by not having to pay for 2 extra un needed servers
  5. ZentzVB Platinum

XP:
    22,641xp
    Could you tell me what /r/Minecraft is? As for your question, I do not play DBV but I will soon try to play it more. It should NOT be removed since there are people who enjoy it.
  6. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp

/r/Minecraft is the Minecraft subreddit.
  7. IBlakeI Emerald

XP:
    982,331xp
    I'd say Death By Void should be removed. I understand some folks enjoy it, but the majority of players don't play it. I'd recommend a new game mode.
  8. Qosole Platinum

XP:
    10,624xp

Nevar.
    MegaSpongebob42 likes this.
  9. SarcasticFanatic Gold

XP:
    46,690xp
    The main point is - these 2 servers barely cost anything to keep up, it's basically just some solid blocks in a map with the jump abilities. Many, people - more than you'd think - actually enjoy DBV quite a lot, me included. At peak US times, there can be 30+ people playing. The reason why people think, people don't play it, is because "there's only so many people in the server at one time". Well, my argument to that, is that DBV is a game that you play for around half an hour or so. Just something relaxing (or unholy infuriating) that you can have fun with and come back to later on. That's why there's not many people playing in the server, you come and go to the gamemode. I won't even mention the fact that DBV is a completely solo game, it's only you working towards your individual goal, consequently meaning it only needs 1 person to play (unlike pretty much all other Shotbow games)... oops I mentioned it.

So in summary, there's no real reason for DBV to go, if it gets to the point where there is less than 5 players a day or something, then yeah go ahead and remove it. But currently it's a popularish gamemode (probably equal to crafty bomber) that is bringing players to Shotbow :). If you want sources, look on the Shotbow sub-reddit, this topic has come up and been replied to hundreds of times from staff.
  10. TheSandwich Regular Member

XP:
    3,486xp
    Whenever I join the server, there's usually a maximum of 6 people on DBV. The last time I played the game was probably a month ago, and it never took a real shine to me. I don't mean to throw out some nasty criticism here, but I think DBV could use some major renovations. Most of the parkours look nasty and just thrown together. I also find it too easy to do, most people want challenges, yet some people want to take it easy.

I would say remove DBV or make it a lot more interesting for people to play.
  11. Vinvictus Platinum

XP:
    31,396xp
    This gamemode should be deleted :lmao:
  12. AgentChicken007 Platinum

XP:
    184,537xp
    If you looked at some statistics you'd find other than GunZ DBV has the lowest amount of people on out of any gamemode. I think it's kind of boring, especially if you're non premium which means you can't try to beat your score.