1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion PLEASE READ WASTED COMMUNITY: Petition to the Devs

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Lord_Haakon, Sep 1, 2013.

Discussion - PLEASE READ WASTED COMMUNITY: Petition to the Devs | Page 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romaine Regular Member

XP:
    16,410xp
    First off, JPs are fun to fly lol I'd be sad to see them go, make them transport with 0 attack options? Few have seemed to consider them as flying only, 0 attack vehicles. Like cars (the pigs I mean)? Can we live with that?

Next, blazes as helicopters, BRILLIANT IDEA!!! Seems my idea was taken into account. I think it'd need a boost though, a short one with pretty slow recharge, like how a mech has the leap, like a halo banshee has the thruster boost, that sorta thing since it would be going so slow. Also, a hight limit relative to the ground since its a helicopter and it'd be very loud. See, balance and reason like in all games. I think it would also have to have a viable means of getting it to places since it would go so slow, carriable like a building maybe?

Lastly, WASTED REFORM WOOP!!!

2. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    They could be used to create a new game mode for Death by Void...
  3. Lord_Haakon Platinum

XP:
    132,483xp
    No. NO MORE JPS. The helicopters are my compromise to JPs.
    Probably it would be available either as an "egg", similar to the short term creeper eggs which were available in DZs and Caches which would spawn mechs. So you would spawn it in, and then repair it - that's an idea that allows for more decisions on where to spawn it.
    But for a more challenging objective, what about a "set" spawn area - an airfield hidden inside some mountains. A blaze would spawn in a hangar, but to get to it you would have to get through a military base (with traps, e.g. zombies and something) that would then lead into a hangar where you could repair the blaze, and then pull a lever to open a hole in the roof. Mebbe. IDEAS AND DISCUSS.
  4. FaceAtk Platinum

XP:
    21,855xp
  5. Romaine Regular Member

XP:
    16,410xp
    Lol i dont really know what you mean, I never got into death by void, parkour aint my thing. I mean wasnt that discontinued? I suppose you mean but all the crap that will be missed into a server called "Crap that will be missed that are kinda cool but annoying" so noone can complain? Or do you mean so you can fly to the end of the levels without jumping on platforms and ruin the point of the game? lol

Okay fine, get ridda JPs, I want it somewhere though, jugs idea sounds great. I was never here for creeper eggs at DZs, was it a controllable explody thingy? Helicopters. I think it should always spawn in full health since it would be like a turret of sortsand i think once you'd spawn it in, it still needs some way of transporting it so be able to pick em up and stick em in horses? I'm not sure about an actual objective for them, dz's and caches sound good. I think them having a set spawn area is good though, put the hangar in thorton to use, make them spawn when the map starts like the mech at liberty. If we did have an objective for it, maybe it could just be dropped in for support like mechs are. I'm just not sure about the traps and stuff for an actual mission. The whole mountain idea sounds great though, with an opening roof and the traps and stuff. Have it as a secret location like a lot of things in the mountains, have it near one of the mountain bridges like everything else? Everything that is hidden in the mountains has something that draws your attention to it, some of the hidden places can only be found when you are leaving the hidden places once inside. It could be hidden near the actual military base or something.

I'm all for sacrificing jetpacks for making the gamemode more complex in terms of a more interesting addition of compromise :) under this condition, you've cracked me, you have my signature. Add me! Cool, that rhymed lol
  6. darkstriker999 Platinum

XP:
    13,629xp
    supporting the blaze idea aswell :stuck_out_tongue: 2m/s isnt that hard to hit.
  7. OmegaExalted Regular Member

XP:
    24,409xp
    Death to the JPers! I shouldn't have to hide after buying my own PKP!
    ...Although I disagree with the removal of horses. There isn't an invisibility glitch, it's just that the horses go so fast that the server has trouble keeping up with the player's location. You could just shoot slightly above the horse and get the results.
  8. Lord_Haakon Platinum

XP:
    132,483xp
    Mate, what do you call it if there is NO player on the back of a horse, not even a laggy avatar. I'm PRETTY damn sure that's an invis glitch, correct me if I'm wrong.
    First things first: the creeper eggs. They worked like regular mob spawn eggs, you would right-click on a block and it would spawn a mech instead of a creeper. #KEWL #Logic
    The next thing about transport, is that it's slower than a JPer, so you can hit it from the ground rather than a whirring mass of bullets coming out of nowhere. You will essentially get a helicopter objective spawn, make your way to the military base (I'm thinking maybe replace the mines with a whole "military base" type idea?) and then fight your way in, dealing with nasty poison and lava traps. It would provide a chance for more backstory, and once you reach the end, you will get to the objective's chest which has one Helicopter in it.
    Make your way out of the underground complex using a secret one-way exit, OR they might have to return the same way - up to you guys - and when they get outside they can choose to activate their helicopter whenever they want.
    Btw the whole mech spawn at Liberty for first objective - first ob is completely random, I've seen any number of obs be the first on a server.
    Basically, the helicopter's a really powerful, but slow, aerial unit that is difficult to obtain and has a limited striking area due to it's speed. So if you decided to camp city, it would be just Gunny, City, and Hitchin being the main towns you would camp. Forde and Stroud being too far, and too slow to get to.

Likey or no like?
  9. darkstriker999 Platinum

XP:
    13,629xp
    Yo you forgot FaceAtk. >:
  10. Romaine Regular Member

XP:
    16,410xp
    oOoOoo it spawned a mech, cool.

I like the whole trap idea, I just think it should be a thing you can decide to do that not much of the users notice, like the hill bases or that mech.

That mech, spoiler alert, it aint a mission, its a thing that happens as soon as the map starts, no notifications or anything, no repairing, it's a full health mech that's in exactly the same spot, facing south, outside, north of the little buildings, pretty close to the trees. Anyway, all the objectives cycle through the same set of locations. The closes one to the prison is north of city 17 on where the roads from hitchin, city 17 and forde connect. It's like how you might notice horses start in the same place, and get stuck and explode in the same spot every time the map starts. First time I noticed that is when in either stroud, exeter or morton, a pig used to explode on a hill right on the south west of the town and about 5 or 10 blocks west of it, a pig was just chillin in the mountain, you could see the "Car" nametag there. Horses have been put in the same place pigs were because the same hing happens with horses. How the hell do I know all of that, gosh I'm a nerd =[ ... whats my point anyway?... Oh yeah, thats why I was saying it might be a good idea if a few spawned in the hangar in thorton? well I suppose its a warehouse and it would be boring compared to the trap idea and or hidden location idea.

I likey! What would be the story line for the trap though? and what if height limits would determine the speed and weather it could shoot? I mean it could only shoot a certain distance from the ground, have a buffer above that where it couldn't shoot and would still be slow and then above that with the limit at 256y like JPs, it would fly pretty fast and have to drop below the buffer to shoot? Like any helicopter, it would take pretty low collision damage from the bottom, and high damage from the sides and the top. Also like any helicopter, it would ascend very slowly until it reached the top of the buffer making it impossible to escape from combat. I could see a problem with that in cities since the shooting height limit would be way below the height of the building which people would attack it from, so what if it could only shoot sideways when above the bottom of the buffer with a 45 degree or less up and down aim? I mean 22 degrees above and below looking straight ahead. Their should be as much realistic limitations as possible along with realistic liberty.

Edit: And have it drift like mad in general, limiting and realistic and woteva

What do you guys think?
  11. Brackers10 Regular Member

XP:
    31,486xp
    Add me to the petition pl0x.

But, I have to say something about the whole helicopter idea.

I have no idea if any of you guys are coders here. But I have done my fair share in the past, and creating flying vehicles in Minecraft using Bukkit is extremely challenging. If they would want to create this, the way I would go about it would be to disguise the player as the Blaze, and do it in the fashion that they did mechs, but even then, having a blaze disguised as a player flying about erratically will look extremely weird to all other players on the server. All flying machines are very very difficult to code properly.

This petition is all well and good, I pledge my full support, but as I've said in the past, Shotbow simply does not have the amount of staff needed to add new and exciting stuff to every gamemode, every time someone requests it. New gamemodes always take priority, now everyone can argue that they should focus on making the current gamemodes betterment rather then spouting out newer ones, but this is the only way Shotbiw can stay alive.

Besides that, I love all the ideas on this thread, and my support is of the utmost.
  12. Romaine Regular Member

XP:
    16,410xp
    I've done a little bit of coding and I had the same idea as you as to how it would be executed. The actual player could have fly mode with a few mods. Fly mode is pretty smooth and makes you slow down gradually, the gradualness could be exaggerated with the setVelocity function on the x and z axis, I don't think we'd have to mess with trigonometry since it would just be a multiplier. I think ascending speed and low flying might be a little too fast though and you cant fight speed with the velocity function because it looks too choppy in first person I think, not sure about 3rd person. Slowing down would probably have to be a client thing like a setWalkspeed or a potion effect but I'm not sure if that stuff effects actual flying, never tried it and people don't make plugins that slow down flying. Is there a setFlyspeed function? If it doesn't, I suppose it might would be alright just to use setVelocity to slow down since thrusting up after you have just fallen towards the ground with a JP does look choppy but not too bad in first person and looks pretty smooth to other players.

Also, fly mode has ascending, descending and hovering already figured out and the whole thing shouldn't be too hard since we wouldn't be using just setVelocity as a foundation.
  13. NinjaMustache Regular Member

XP:
    11,928xp
    put my name in
  14. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    No I meant exactly what I said. A new game mode for Death by Void. I'm saying make an interesting obstacle course style game like this one using the jetpacks:
    http://www.helicopterplay.com/helicopter/thehelicoptergame.php
    Since the only good reason people have given so far for keeping the jetpacks is that they're fun to fly with. By the way your entire reply was technically a strawman argument: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
    and you also had a loaded question: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/loaded-question

Edit: Just to clear things up. I'm not trying to attack you or anything. I'm sure when you asked what I meant by dbv game mode you didn't intend for it to sound the way it did, but just keep that in mind next time, because the way you asked your question sounded like what I mentioned above.
  15. Romaine Regular Member

XP:
    16,410xp

[IMG]...........err... umm..... welll.... I had absolutely no idea what you meant. Since I thought they were getting rid of death by void, I thought it was a joke. Yno, no dbv, no jps, same place? Yes. Since I had absolutely no clue what you were bangin on about geez, I shoved words down your throat that only possibly might have not been what you meant. Since that sexy reference seems to assume the strawman knows or has the slightest clue as to what you're even on about, nar, along with the fact the I didn't intend to do it in your detriment but rather our joint detriment or glory. Asking rather than telling should account for something too. Forget the fact I devalued my interpretation of what you said, right down to the line of reason and the fact it was completely obvious I wasn't absolutly serious. Stand on that. Helen obviously doesn't have a drug habit either.
  16. Lord_Haakon Platinum

XP:
    132,483xp
    What one forgets to think of is practical economy:
    Shotbow lost a large number players once Wasted lost it's lustre of newness and WTF-is-this-gamemode?
    I know this because across the clans, for example, a lot of people just left. They were like "this gamemode isn't worth it anymore."
    And if SB wants to attract more players THEN they should make an effort to try to improve some games of their's which are of lesser quality.
    I understand flying vehicles would be a pain in the ass, but that's a long-term project to replace the JP. What we want - no, NEED - is to get the jetpack removed ASAP so that people can start acclimatising.
  17. Irishkaiser Silver

XP:
    86,479xp
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  18. jugularvein123 Silver

XP:
    19,663xp
    The Devs have not stated that Death by Void will ever be taken out. In fact they've said it won't because it doesn't take up much space anyway.
  19. darkstriker999 Platinum

XP:
    13,629xp
    I m slowly starting to ask myself why there is a ingame tip that says we should give feedback.
    A topic that has gotten this huge should have atleast 1 admin respons <.<
    Romaine95 likes this.
  20. Irishkaiser Silver

XP:
    86,479xp

By feedback they mean www.reddit.com/r/mcwasted. Most of the devs don't really bother much on the forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.