1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion PLEASE READ WASTED COMMUNITY: Petition to the Devs

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Lord_Haakon, Sep 1, 2013.

Discussion - PLEASE READ WASTED COMMUNITY: Petition to the Devs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Haakon Platinum

XP:
    132,483xp
    Ladies and Gentlemen of the Wasted Community,

It has gone on long enough. The perennial threat: when on the ground facing a jet packer; tactics do not matter. You cannot hide. You cannot avoid the rockets; the headshots.

I believe it is time for change.
    People of the Wasted Community, I need your support, signatures, and constructive criticism to create a petition we can take to the devs and say: 'We want a better Wasted.' Any thing YOU feel will improve the game drastically post below. And if enough people agree, it will be added.

Henceforth, I propose to start:
    1. The removal of jetpacks from the game. I say this quite simply because when an opponent is a decent player, has a jet pack, and you don't, 99/100 chance that he will win. I should know - when you have a JP it becomes far too easy to play Wasted. I extended this because it's not removing JPs which will ruin the game; rather it's continuing to have them. The only people who SHOULD rage at this are the little kids who are really bad at the game who need a PKP + JP to get any kills. For everyone else, now you'll have a chance to use tactics.
    2. The removal of horses and having them replaced with pigs and cows. It is nice to have horses but they are far too overpowered with the invisbility glitch.
    3. Implementation of an anti-mech mine as suggested by ultislasher1, to prevent a mech becoming overpowered.
    4. Democratic election on the forums of a well-known, regular, staff-approved Wasted player to highlight glitches and suggestions to the staff.
    5. Immediate fixing of the duped M240 turret glitch.

I feel these factors will add so much more to Wasted than what is currently in the game. Please, people! Any thing you have to say which will be improved - name it!

One last thing: No trolls, flame wars, or anything else in this thread. This is solely for proposing ideas, agreeing with them, or, if you feel one of the less key ideas shouldn't be in, proposing that also. To have your signature added, just post below saying you want it added.
    5 agreements would be needed to add something to the proposal; I will revise this when it becomes clear how many people are interested in this.

Thanks a lot guys, and to a better wasted future!
    Lord

PS: Mention in your post SPECIFICALLY if you want me too add you to the Signatures; I don't want to add someone by mistake.

SIGNATURES SO FAR:
    Lord_Haakon
    TheGlobalBear
    darkstriker999
    Camo3333
    Uberman427
    Megaplaylist64
    THEMANperson
    thebrethren3
    Last_Triumph
    Silverblade45
    3it3rb3ul3
    VerGath
    Skyrimfan1
    xXHappYNinjaZXx
    Prezcoolio
    Martinaasterud
    iForte
    TheAether97
    Orangelight
    jugularvein123
    TheOneZombie
    hinfalboy
    BandBMX
    Cyclone_Raider
    Lightning_Raider
    Intensebrawler
    OmegaExalted
    Romaine95
    Brackers10
    NinjaMustache
    Treetop_Archer

Congrats, guys! We've broken 30 signees, 10 more to go! - please mention this to all your fellow Wasted friends so they can take a look at this too! Thanks! :D
    THE PLAN: Once we get to 40, I'm thinking that I'll send a message to each of the devs asking them to check this thread out and understand how we feel - the people playing so they can keep the servers running.

THE NEW DEAL:
    Come tomorrow, I will be PMing all the admins + laser and Highlife to take a look at this thread.

2. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    380,020xp
    I don't even play wasted that much, but yes, jetpacks are incredibly irritating. The horse glitch really isn't that big of a deal to me, because I just shoot the moving horse and get a kill anyway. I am undecided on the mech mine. And of course, dupes are bad. The turret dupe is rather game breaking when used correctly.
  3. MagmaSaber Regular Member

XP:
    10,254xp
    Maybe.
    Jetpacks are hard to get.
    The invisible glitch, there is not yet.
    The mech is very rare.
    The suggestion council: that would be fair.
    The turret glitch: that we must fix.
    If you don't like my rhymes, break them with picks.
    :)
    devan10100 and _ThatOneName_ like this.
  4. darkstriker999 Platinum

XP:
    13,629xp
    I dont think this will happen its more likly they will make one hardcore wasted server.
    Put my name in!
    We shall tweet to highlife and lazer!
  5. TheGlobalBear Platinum

XP:
    52,993xp
    put my name in plz :)
  6. Braunsleeve Platinum

XP:
    42,801xp
    1. Jetpacks are justified by their rarity and difficulty of use. Seriously, have you ever tried using one of those things? They're a pain in the ass and run out of fuel really quickly! However, I feel there should be a limitation with rocket and grenade launchers, such as the inability to fire from the air or a delays between clicking and firing, or both.
    2. Horses you can control with arrow keys, which I really like compared to pigs and cows. However, I feel there is a need for a revival of the storage truck - donkeys, possibly? The invisibility glitch is a pain though... It has to get fixed soon.
    3. Like someone else said, mechs are EXTREMELY difficult to get. They also more very slowly, so camping out in a town is the only way to really use them.
    4. Definetly. I 100% agree with you on this.
    5. Haven't encountered this glitch, but it sounds bad. Again; I agree with this.
  7. ZombieDE Platinum

XP:
    43,295xp

Not really, it is pretty easy to get a mech, because nobody is going to a mech objective.
  8. darkstriker999 Platinum

XP:
    13,629xp
    Wat?!
    Jps hard to use and rare? Sir, you surely arent playing wasted for long!
    KARLITO262 and AkatoshKnight like this.
  9. Lord_Haakon Platinum

XP:
    132,483xp
    My firm agreement on this, folks.
  10. rappyymenace Regular Member

XP:
    1,583xp
    I'm sorry, but i think jetpacks are a main part of wasted. if jetpacks are removed, then i think that many people would quit, as jetpacks make the game better. so i believe this is a pretty bad post >.< if all of this post comes true however. wasted will no longer be fun and it will be boring and wont have much of a goal to it...
  11. darkstriker999 Platinum

XP:
    13,629xp
    They will NOT remove jet packs but i am hoping for a hardcore wasted server just like mineZ
  12. Eggo Platinum

XP:
    817,771xp
    Took the words right out ofy mouth Haakon! YES YES YES, better add me to that list, though I disagree with 4.
  13. Uberman427 Regular Member

XP:
    90,670xp
  14. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Add me please!

1.Jetpacks dont really need to be removed, they arent OP nor strong enough to get you almost unbeatable.The problem is using a Rocket Launcher while JPing.

2.Horses arent a real threat, but Horses+LMGs or Shotguns are.

3.Yea, i want a way to get a Mech down.
  15. Braunsleeve Platinum

XP:
    42,801xp
    I haven't had much experience with jetpacks, because I keep dying to people with them/glitches (e.g. that fucking horse glitch) and they are difficult, in my opinion, to attack while using (except with grenade/rocket launchers). The issue is the people who play for 5-hour periods at a time and use $1500 gaming pcs and Razer peripherals so they can crush everyone else with their ridiculous skill and equipment. A change I would like to see happen, somewhat related, is the ability to actually keep whatever cash you had and not play for such long periods to obtain weaponry actually capable of stopping a jetpacker, or to get one yourself. There's an idea - an anti- air gun, like a shotgun, dealing lots of damage to air targets. There could be a mounted AA gun along with the m240 for defenses against jetpacks.
  16. _elizard_ Gold

XP:
    11,098xp
    Add me! I think there needs to be risk involved in jetpacks, such as them failing or sometimes exploding!
  17. Lord_Haakon Platinum

XP:
    132,483xp
    Keeping cash is unfortunately impossible if you want people to keep spawning with $100 and bringing money into Wasted. Otherwise there would be no new money coming in due to how the spawning mechanics work.
  18. diamond1 Silver

XP:
    36,053xp
    um. spec ops is technically a jetpack. it lets you climb up buildings instead of having to walk up except it does not make you fly.
  19. TheGlobalBear Platinum

XP:
    52,993xp
    A few ideas for jetpack nerfs:

- Don't remove jetpacks, make some sort of device that can disable the jetpackers weapons for a few seconds, or maybe even the jetpack, this would give the player a chance to get away, or shoot the jetpacker when their jetpack is disabled.

- Make C4s more common, maybe buyable in the shop. this could lead to easy jetpacker/mech killing.

- If the jetpacker gets hit by a bullet while flying, the jetpack explodes, the explosion will do 1 heart of damage so you might have a chance to not die.

- Allow people to only have one jetpack at a time, I don't think jetpacks were meant for switching in mid air.

Might come up with some more, but for now I gotta go to bed ;D.

Hope you like dem.

-Global
    KARLITO262 and timmy9239 like this.
  20. hiddenbun Retired Staff

XP:
    569xp
    Put my name on that list of yours... I'm a simple Charizard, since I can't learn Fly, well, I can't compete with these JPers! :oops:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.