1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion perhaps flint and steel is a bit op

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by daimonddigger, Dec 29, 2013.

Suggestion - perhaps flint and steel is a bit op
?

Do you think flint and steel is op?

yes 36 vote(s) 55.4%
no 29 vote(s) 44.6%
  1. daimonddigger Guest

XP:
    xp
    Almost every match there are a few pieces of flint and steel. given a lot of players spam them and waste them right away they are still op. If a smart player gets flint and steel they can just not click it as often and it could save them many more times than i believe its intended to.
    I think that it would be wise to lower the durability. if the durability is lowered it will still be of use however it wont be as op. and i'm sure players who spam it would still get their use out of it as one or two clicks is enough to get you back to the mainland.
    -it has many uses
    -each use gets you very far
    -its a common item

-mind you if it is nerfed i'm sure noobs will still get their use out of it as well
    pokepeople01 and B0WSH0T like this.

2. shebbear2 Platinum

XP:
    120,289xp
    Yep. It's ridiculously overpowered and always has been, but lazer refuses to remove it.
  3. Evilbanana5757 Platinum

XP:
    2,523xp
    We should make a legit petition to remove it....
  4. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
    Can I pull out the Majiicou quote from camo's petition?
  5. shebbear2 Platinum

XP:
    120,289xp
  6. Knabbie Silver

XP:
    4,256xp
    you can easy beat jetpack with a player grapple but it is still op
    B0WSH0T likes this.
  7. Margai Platinum

XP:
    277,339xp
    Jetpack is OP if someone knows how to use it. Nubs just get them item and spam right click, fly up in the air and fall down. Those who know how to use it, use it very tactically. Many times I've lost ELO in a ranked match, because someone gets a jetpack early on, and I keep throwing them over and over again, but they always fly back, so in those cases it is sort of very OP. I don't think it should be removed, but I do not know how to nerf it in a good way.
    MagmaSaber and Lord_Haakon like this.
  8. Hughzaz Retired Staff

XP:
    467,945xp
    Hmm...I like the item, in the case of it's idea.

But I really don't like it's use count. So, yeah, not removed but certainly nerfed. :3
    MegaSpongebob42 likes this.
  9. Evilbanana5757 Platinum

XP:
    2,523xp
    I'll find it myself :I
  10. AlexDest Silver

XP:
    61,617xp
    I do this solely because I believe the Jetpack is unfair in a match and very boring. 13 uses per click? Put this in the hands of a pro and he/she'll be near impossible to defeat.

Yet, the Jetpack can be used in many other ways during battle and not just to save yourself, so it shouldn't be removed. However, I wouldn't mind for it to be nerfed.
  11. daimonddigger Guest

XP:
    xp
    I don't think it should be completely removed just perhaps severely lowering durability
  12. KillaTrix Gold

XP:
    51,977xp
    i can say with full honesty that the 2 most OP items in the game (jetpack and launcher, mostly jetpack) made me lose ALOT of interest in smash. Laser has been asked for it to be removed, more then once i'm sure, but he refuses. Im just tired of all of this.
  13. Evilbanana5757 Platinum

XP:
    2,523xp
    It's simple...

we must kill the Lazer.
  14. daimonddigger Guest

XP:
    xp
    All in favor say I
  15. Birdo Regular Member

XP:
    16,901xp
    Your mum
    *Sniggers*
    pokepeople01 and Evilbanana5757 like this.
  16. jobre67 Platinum

XP:
    118,652xp
    the only thing op is me
  17. Mr_Obscure_Man Platinum

XP:
    83,145xp
    Skill > Jetpack simple as that.
  18. shebbear2 Platinum

XP:
    120,289xp
    Nope.
  19. Mr_Obscure_Man Platinum

XP:
    83,145xp
    Yup (it might be harder but its possible) or better yet just get one yourself
  20. Evilbanana5757 Platinum

XP:
    2,523xp
    I've gotten someone to literally 1k damage on beatbox simply because they got 2 jetpacks in a row. :L

Everyone pro smash player (including myself) has agreed that jetpacks are way to overpowered. Of course, in a newbs hands, a jetpack isn't too bad, but if one of the pros gets one they're basically unkillable (unless you chuck them at the spawn box :wink:)