1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Announcement Passing the Torch

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by JACOBSMILE, Jul 4, 2021.

Announcement - Passing the Torch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACOBSMILE Jr. Developer

XP:
    235,498xp
    Hello everyone! It's been a little while since I have formally addressed the MineZ community, and some of you may have started to pick up on that. From the title of this post, you probably can infer where this is going already, but I still encourage you to read on.

A little over a year ago, Marine_PVP stepped down as MineZ lead and the torch was passed over to me. Some of you may not be aware of this, but I also was the lead of Annihilation way back in 2016, as well as even the lead of GG for a short time! I've definitely had my share of experiences across this network, and every moment has been a pleasure.

However with all of that being said, nothing lasts forever. It's a notion everyone experiences all the time, and I also recognize the fact when I may not be the best fit for MineZ Lead as I once was. Over the past year, I myself received a large job promotion and my personal life has become quite busy. However, I can't thank everyone here enough, especially the MineZ Team, for shaping who I became in my career and as a person. It sounds pretty cheesy, but it definitely has had a sizeable impact!

However, this is not goodbye. I will remain on the MineZ Team as a developer and occasional opinion-giver. I may not be as active as I once was, but like many of you, MineZ was a home and a game we experienced through a good portion of our lives, so I will be sticking around for the foreseeable future.

But for the official title of MineZ Lead, that will be passed over to our resident Bank Master, ShadowLAX. Simply put, Shadow has done a phenomenal job in MineZ these past few months, not only writing the bank entirely from scratch, but also interfacing with the community heavily and running the MineZ Community Board discord. In my eyes, he is by far the best choice for leading MineZ.

It has been an honor to serve as your MineZ Lead this past year. Thank you everyone in the community who has shared support, criticisms and everything in-between. And I also want to give a big thank-you to everyone on the MineZ Team. While I was the lead by title, MineZ's continued success is a team effort, and has been for a long time. It is my promise to everyone, both on the team and in the community, that while faces come and go, MineZ's success and players is always going to be our focus.

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful year.
    - Jacob

2. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    184,633xp
    Love you homie and all you've done for the game and me personally. You're an awesome dude and I'm excited to continue working with you!
    JACOBSMILE likes this.
  3. Eillom Emerald

XP:
    51,416xp
    Jacob, you have been easily the greatest MineZ lead admin of all time, thank you.
    JACOBSMILE likes this.
  4. Agypagy Administrator

XP:
    334,253xp
    Congrats on all the great things you accomplished as lead and thanks for your hard work and countless hours invested! Working with you has been a motivation to all of us, your passion for MineZ is infectious. All the best!!
    JACOBSMILE likes this.
  5. MajorPail18 Platinum

XP:
    250,888xp
    Good stuff big guy you n shadow really stood 10 toes out there for the guys
    JACOBSMILE likes this.
  6. Jin_xD Regular Member

XP:
    15,491xp
    Thanks Jacob :heart:
    JACOBSMILE likes this.
  7. Aceti Regular Member

XP:
    20,141xp
    Can I see my kids again
  8. Animuh Platinum

XP:
    18,172xp
    you did amazing man, good luck and keep pushing forward.
  9. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,513,419xp
  10. hinanaw Emerald

XP:
    1,455,546xp
    good bye
  11. Squeakytron Platinum

XP:
    53,960xp
    Thank you Jacob I'll miss you crashing our shrine runs :heart:

Maybe one day you'll learn earth trail parkour:heart: