1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Oneshot?

Discussion in 'Mine Theft Auto' started by Ktrompfl, Mar 1, 2016.

Question - Oneshot?
  1. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    Today I killed a player at the coast near the grove street. I wanted to sort his stuff so I stayed there. He came back soon with just a civillian kit so I just killed him again. After a moment he came back again with a kit civillian, he shooted me once with the 9mm and I died instant. I had three parts of diamond armor and a jetpack. When I came back all my modded guns and the other stuff were gone and the player who killed me left.
    My question is how he just could oneshot me?
    Ivandagiant and OneTupacArmy like this.

2. hora6112 Platinum

XP:
    283,292xp
    It's a glitch, that's all I can say. This has happened to me about 10 times in total now, since I started playing. Thank you for bringing this up, hopefully this can be fixed, but I brought it up a while ago and it seemed as if nobody knew why.

One thing I found was that I got one shotted if the bullet hit me after the player was dead, was that the same case as you?
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  3. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    I'm not sure but I also shooted at him with marksman and special carbine (which deal a lot of damage to somebody without armor) before I died, so maybe he died too. He shot only one time with his 9mm and than I died and my chat was filled with the messages of my kit, what bounty he got from me and some other messages so I couldn't look for it.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  4. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp
    I will begin bug testing shortly, even if it isn't a bug, this shouldn't happen. This may have happened to me as well, it did a fair bit of damage. In future report it to the Report a bug page. Thank you for mentioning this, will look into ASAP.
    If you haven't already, report the bug, and make sure to include recreation steps, this just helps so that Bug Admins can confirm it.
  5. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    I didn't create a bug report yet because I think it won't help if I say that something happened or maybe not. Is there a way to watch my chat logs when I played on a server so I can be sure that I killed him and after his bullet hit me and killed me?
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  6. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp
    We tested the bullet-after-death-one-shot-kill-theory and well it didn't work. We are aware that the 9mm and silenced 9mm, can do peculiar amounts of damage, we tested multiple things, and couldn't find anything, If you can take a recording or get recreation steps of this if it happens a next time, that would greatly be appreciated. But until we can find out what causes this, it will keep occurring. Hopefully this gets fixed soon
  7. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    I just watched my logs from yesterday in my minecraft folder and found this:
    [18:16:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] *Critical* +5% Damage
    [18:16:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Wanted lvl: 4
    [18:16:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] » Ktrompfl ︻╦╤─ ****
    [18:16:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You are now in combat...
    [18:16:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You were killed by: ****!
    [18:16:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] » Ktrompfl was killed by ****

I killed him just and than his bullet hit me and I died instant.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  8. SaudAlfaris Regular Member

XP:
    6,436xp

its something called death streak
    noobs get it
    it should be removed its not even realistic?!
  9. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    I killed him three times and he can oneshot me? Thats really unrealistic, please just remove it!
    alfarissaoud likes this.
  10. SaudAlfaris Regular Member

XP:
    6,436xp
    Agreed!
  11. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp
    Death streak was removed/ lessened to a great extent. And being shot after he died didn't affect anything. The only thing i can think of is that you killed him so many times, which gave him death streak, and since he died as he shot, you received the death streak multiplier. Death streak is fine how it is, because otherwise people will start farming other players, which is not fun or fair.
  12. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    But it's unfair if ik kill somebody and he comes back all the time and attack me so I have to kill him and than he can oneshot me.
    hora6112 likes this.
  13. SaudAlfaris Regular Member

XP:
    6,436xp
    We were camping 2 players house, it was in the plane(grove)
    they kept going falling so they can get death streaks
    then they 1 shot hit me.
  14. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp
    My tip for you is don't kill anyone more than three times in a row, they will try to get death streak and kill you, so run away after killing them three times.
  15. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    Today the bug i already described just happened again. I killed somebody without taking damage because he only threw a grenade. After his death the grenade exploded and oneshoted me and I had again 10 hearts and 3 parts of diamond. I tested the death streak and with this you make a bit more damage, but you can't onehit one.
  16. PokeTheEye Retired Staff

XP:
    267,086xp
    Could you try to record it when you think it's going to happen? This will give us some more information about the "bug". Also giving the time/date+server+region could help us a bit.
  17. SaudAlfaris Regular Member

XP:
    6,436xp
    Thats difficult most people cant record because they experience lag, the death streak should just be removed.
  18. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    Yeah.... I died 3 times today cause of the death streak... I had fun to get till level 100 and now I die always because the sawn off shots insane, because many players use autoklicker with AK47 and because players come and 3 shot you with a shotgun on a big distance because they have death streaks. I dont wonder why MTA is dying and the most players are quiting. I always get killed because I can't use better guns than every player with lvl 27+... I hope this get fixed but till that happens, till the hackers get banned, till this bugs get fixed and till guns get balanced so high level players have a higher chance, I won't play MTA because its just annoying.
    BYE!

P.S. Btw I can't record it because I havn't a good software nether a good computer to run one.
  19. Low_Ping Platinum

XP:
    204,736xp
    Remember to do /report and on a side note we are going off topic here. If you want to discuss weapons, you can create a new thread. I'll start testing this "bug", but I think it is normal player action from what you describe. In order to get players banned for hacking shotbow needs evidence beyond doubt that a player is hacking, in other words, if you don't have video proof, and no admin is able to view that particular instance of that player "hacking" then nothing will happen. Make sure to use the /report function, this allows admins to check the player when they come on again. Sorry to see you leaving MTA, I hope that you will see how great a game it is and come back.
  20. hora6112 Platinum

XP:
    283,292xp
    Finally people are starting to understand