1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

One useful addition

Discussion in 'Death by Void' started by Margai, Mar 13, 2014.

One useful addition
?

Should this be added?

Yes, it bugs me that it takes "so long" to fall down. 8 vote(s) 57.1%
I don't see an issue with the falling, so no. 6 vote(s) 42.9%
  1. Margai Platinum

XP:
    277,339xp
    Hey Shotbowers! I've played a bit of DBV, and I notice one thing that bugs me. Falling down takes forever. It seriously takes between 3-5 seconds to hit the TNT. And this really eats away your time. So, just one small addition would be a suicide "button".

[IMG]

When you hit the skeleton skull, it just kills you instantly and spawns you normally on the last block you stood on.

2. Suoermario Emerald

XP:
    30,202xp
    Honestly, I like the fact that it takes a bit of time away. I feel like it adds an actual consequence to failing a jump (at least for the speed-runners).
    DieDream and quets4 like this.
  3. Bracko Emerald

XP:
    238,128xp
    The whole falling thing is intentional. It takes time to fail, thus punishing the act of failure more.
  4. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    380,020xp
    I see falling as the penalty for falling off the map. A suicide button would minimize that penalty and allow those who play more carelessly to keep up with those who plan out their jumps.
  5. RadarDash Platinum

XP:
    176,847xp
    I like waffles
    Davidss10001 and darknightmare77 like this.
  6. 1cyyy Platinum

XP:
    121,820xp
    Radar!
  7. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp
    Again, as bracko stated before, this is intentional, falling down is meant to punish your score. Off-topic stuff will be deleted... (cough cough dark+radar)
  8. RadarDash Platinum

XP:
    176,847xp
    Darkiee!

Zombry :(
  9. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    And making the game boring. If when using /suicide it simply made you lose the time instantly it would be better.
  10. flash333 Regular Member

XP:
    10,986xp
    Could make it so when u hit the suicide thing it adds the basic amount of time it takes to fall and hit the TNT to your time. So it punishes score still yet doesn't wase your actual playing time.
  11. ZomBry Retired Staff

XP:
    160,894xp

You fall from different Y levels or height.
  12. DieDream Obsidian

XP:
    42,823xp
    It is supposed to be a penalty, right?
  13. Stump101 Regular Member

XP:
    9,257xp
    The reason why it takes forever to fall is because the fall is a penalty
  14. schiindler Retired Staff

XP:
    214,332xp
    Yeah as zombry stated above n
  15. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    I understand that falling is meant to punish you but there is a balance that needs to be found. Currently is very long until you die which makes it exceptionally annoying - this is meant to be a fun game and this one aspect of it is anything but!