1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

November - State of Slaughter

Discussion in 'Slaughter' started by Jeroenhero, Nov 1, 2016.

November - State of Slaughter
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeroenhero Retired Developer

XP:
    254,790xp
    Introduction

Welcome to the montly Slaughter update post, as you probably noticed already there was no update last month, this due to the lack of changes.

I'm expecting more changes after the 1.9 update, so it's still a bit limited for now.

Changes
    - The Slaughter mini-admin rank has been added, we're currently testing it and tweaking it a bit due to permission issues. We are probably going to look into adding admins after 1.9
    - Fluffoon retired as Slaughter co-lead.

We need your help!
    - We are looking for cosmetic options for Slaughter, if you have any ideas, please make a post or respond here!
    - We are looking for new maps! If you are a good builder, you can create a new map and make a build submission on the forums!

okometabetoku likes this.

2. bubblegumrockya Silver

XP:
    45,127xp
    Suggestions you say? Well If I can get in a word I would say just add head cosmetics or trails and stuff around that. I don't see what you can really do besides make leather armor colored or change the color of the name of the weapon you have, but I still think all of the ideas I've stated are pretty decent. Heads, Trails, Colored fruitcake leather armor, renaming weapons (with color)
  3. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I think the coolest thing (that I literally just came up with) would be the ability to create a customized game.

The basic idea is that you would be able to choose a map and change which mobs spawn in which waves. Players could create limitless amounts of different games with this option. You could choose to have a Catacombs map spawn with 10 zombies in Wave 1 and then 20 zombies and 5 spiders in Wave 2. And you could save the options chosen so you don't lose them later on (if you want to play it again).

You could also allow players to test specific waves while they're editing them, and they can give themself any armour type to test that wave in (no xp would be rewarded). This would allow the player to see if a wave is completeable or not without having to play through the whole map just for that one wave.

Plus, you could allow players to change item frame items/locations (a limit to the amount of item frames placed would need to happen so maps aren't just item frames) and item prices. In this way, players can make games easier or a whole lot harder for those that decide to try them out.

Finally, being able to use the old Slaughter death system and the amount of players able to join the custom game. As a reminder, the old Slaughter death system would kill a player and remove a player slot if that player died (i.e. if someone dies, the player count goes down to 7/7 instead of 7/8).

Players would be able to create endless amounts of games with these options and would definitely be a major improvement to the gamemode itself. Also, to make sure players don't farm these options, the xp amount would be either severly reduced or completely removed just for the custom games.
    matthewgareth and GalacticaGX like this.
  4. buffman23 Platinum

XP:
    112,870xp
    i want to buy stuff in the xp shop for slaughter
    MOAB4leader and UnnoticedAqua like this.
  5. drewko09 Platinum

XP:
    216,380xp
    Some ideas with somewhat reasonable logic

Bows are offered early on in most maps and are almost never purchased except to shoot the button on Catacombs. Lowering its attack time would allow for it to reduce the chance of the archer getting completely overrun.
    *Increase Fletched Arrows per purchase from 1 to 4
    *Decrease drawback for maxium damage from 1 second to 0.65

The axes offer little to no pluses compared to swords, a little buff could make them a viable option
    *Increase weak skullcracker and skullcrusher damage by 1 (Half a heart)

Currently the hardest wave is #4 with the introduction of cows, and slight wave adjustments would fix cows being the hardest mob you face. Also adjusting the later waves random
    *Reduce wave four mob count 35 to 30
    *Increase wave six mob count from 30 to 35
    *Rescale waves 17,18,19,20,21,22,23 mob count from 240,265,320,345,355,410,605 to 240,270,310,360,420,490,570 (25,55,25,10,55,195) to (30/40/50/60/70/80)

Getting full diamond and being completely invincible is a little boring
    *Increase zombies damage by 1 (Half a heart) after wave 17

Strength I potion are purchased every round effectively dominated the potion industry. Some other options would spice up the rounds
    *Strength Drought prize reduced from 32 to 26
    *Increase Weak Strength Drought prize from 8 to 10
    *Decrease Weak Strength Drought duration from 180 seconds to 150
    *Increase Weak Speed drought duration from 480 seconds to 540

On many maps iron sword can be purchased only a couple of waves after stone.
    *Increase Sharpened Blade cost from 20 to 26

The biggest problem is death penalty. Late game not dedicated players simply leave after dying because its almost impossible to climb back up to full diamond. Although it makes the game quite easier lowering the penalty for death will keep more players staying longer.
    *Make all gold retained on death
    matthewgareth likes this.
  6. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
  7. jinl3e Platinum

XP:
    49,036xp
    So who's the new Co-Lead? :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.