1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion New Weapons

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by CanBekirTR, Aug 26, 2016.

Suggestion - New Weapons
  1. VasirinKolesi Regular Member

XP:
    19,018xp
    Rabbit foot
    30 second big double jump

Chestplate
    30 second less knockback

Mini bombs
    5 pieces given
    explodes on contact with the ground

Glistering Melon
    The second will drop by 1 percent each

2. DutchBartje Emerald

XP:
    502,680xp
    I'm not really a SMASH player, but is a 30 second effect not a bit too long? o_O
    DrachenCube and Fluffoon like this.
  3. Jedrek_O Regular Member

XP:
    26,019xp

1. No objections ,but might be pain in the rump to make a script for that (also kinda too long as stated before, maybe 10-15 sec.)

2. As above

3. What happens when you mix multiple bullets of Fire flower with a explosiveness of Rocket Launcher? This happens. Way too overpowered

4. Alright, but why? We already have normal food items and regeneration seems rather slow if (regeneration==1%/1sec). Perhaps we could make it a SMASH counterpart of Super Smash Brothers Maxim Tomato (Heals 50%) ,although as I recall glistering melon is not an edible item ,so once again some scripting might be needed.
  4. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp

1: It's going to be as easy as applying the jump effect potion to a player or having the code change the Vector Y value their velocity is set to whenever they double jump. Either way I don't see this 'powerup' being useful or beneficial for most play, with the main exception being for people trying to camp in areas hard to get to which I wouldn't like to see encouraged.

2: Now this could be really really beneficial on some maps but I think it should last less than 30 seconds and maybe should apply a glowing potion effect onto the player so they can't use this subtle-ly - aside from game balance if it wasn't really really really clear when a player had this on you'd have players making false player reports for no knockback which wouldn't be good for anyone.

3: I'm not sure if you mean as in bombs you launch like with a Rocket Launcher or even Fire flower or more like bombs you place similar to grenades. Either way I don't see another new explosive adding anything to the items or gameplay experience.

4: Jedrek it's not going to be problematic for the plugin to listen to a player right clicking an item. How do you think half of the Anni kits work? I think a regeneration like effect could be really interesting if it were conditional on something other players could try to influence. The obvious idea would be heals you till you get hit by someone but I expect this would just encourage camping. Maybe after activation you'd have 10 seconds in which you had to hit someone or the renegeration would stop, but it you hit someone your 10 seconds would reset so you could only heal up whilst in combat. Then your opponent would have to make the decision of if they want to back off which in some locations on maps might be really risky to do but have you lose your regeneration or keep fighting anyway which might be safer in the short term but will cost them a lot in damage.
  5. Jedrek_O Regular Member

XP:
    26,019xp

1. I don't really know how does SMASH plugin works, maybe its really easy. Shotbow programming team would have to decide.

4. Well, I guess you are right about that. That punch-regeneration idea sounds nice too.
  6. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    Add a lightsaber
  7. Jedrek_O Regular Member

XP:
    26,019xp
    Care to elaborate?
  8. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    Well it goes like real lightsaber: You slice someone, they die. Simple.