1. Happy Holidays! Celebrate with 30% off Gold and Platinum in our store! Use coupon code HOLIDAYS at checkout. Coupon valid for the first 25 uses.
  2. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

3. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ New Rule: Stream Sniping

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, Nov 23, 2019.

MineZ - New Rule: Stream Sniping | Page 2
  1. Mistri Community Manager, PR Lead

XP:
    640,821xp
    This is similar to abusing the alternate account rule: our staff have been amazing at identifying when people log in from the other side of the map and sprint directly towards their player zombie to reclaim their items. Similarly with this rule, it'll be obvious if you deliberately run directly towards the streamer from the other side of the map and kill them.

If, for example, you're doing your normal loot pattern and you happen to stumble across them by simply going from city to city, the staff have been trained to notice this and not issue bans. Yes, it's up to staff discretion, but as Murgatron said, the leadership team will review all evidence heavily before making a decision.
    ShayminPlays likes this.

2. Soular Platinum

XP:
    75,640xp
    So, from what I understand, you can't streamsnipe people outside of hotzones, but you can streamsnipe inside of hotzones? If that's the case, that's pretty ridiculous. Stream sniping should be completely banned no matter where you are on the map. At the end of the day, most streamers who get fed up with the game do so because they are stream sniped in a hotzone up north after they've gathered their loot. I don't really see this new rule changing much if anything at all.
  3. ShayminPlays Platinum

XP:
    179,649xp
    Oh wow they actually did it
    The absolute mad lads
  4. bombermatt360 Regular Member

XP:
    35,124xp
    It's because some players like to patrol these areas, and, even though they may not be using info from the stream, head directly towards a location, or basically act like a streamsniper. Also, the reason people would go to a PvP hotspot is for well... PvP, and if you get mad when you die in a hotspot... well, you should have seen it coming.
  5. SoularYT Obsidian

XP:
    7,025xp

Well, what you need to consider is that some players, especially new players, don't know the difference between regular zones and "pvp" zones. Many new players like to explore the map, and if they happen to be streaming and suddenly get streamsniped as soon as they enter a "pvp zone," they will more than likely get pissed and or scold the stream snipers and the staff team that allows it.
  6. Mistri Community Manager, PR Lead

XP:
    640,821xp
    Only Shotbow Media Partners and Media Creators will be affected by this rule. Not everyone who is streaming will be immune to stream sniping.
    JTGangsterLP6 likes this.
  7. Smartz_ Platinum

XP:
    71,799xp
    So when XQC comes on and doesn't have the Media Partner rank or the Media Creator rank, I can stream snipe him then.
    Mysterious_Seven and SoularYT like this.
  8. ShayminPlays Platinum

XP:
    179,649xp

iirc xQc was offered the Media Creator role when he played, but turned it down. I'd imagine staff would offer this rank to any other big streamer that comes quite promptly to prevent this kind of thing.
  9. Saviour Regular Member

XP:
    11,992xp
    Well yea obviously they will offer it to big streamers, but I think Smartz is asking whether or not you will get banned if you streamsnipe someone who is a large creator but doesnt have the Media Creator or Partner rank. They may have been offered it, but didnt accept. Will you still get banned for killing a large streamer who was offered a rank but did not accept it?
    ShayminPlays, Smartz_ and boogaert like this.
  10. Smartz_ Platinum

XP:
    71,799xp
    Ding ding ding. On the money. All three of the people that I've sniped that were big streamers didn't have a rank besides a donor rank.
  11. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    119,765xp
    That's still a dick move after people that would snipe with you would claim minez is a dead game. Makes you wonder why it's not as populated.
  12. Smartz_ Platinum

XP:
    71,799xp
    Yeah it is, what's your point?
    boogaert likes this.
  13. SoularYT Obsidian

XP:
    7,025xp

So, you have to be special to be immune to streamsniping? Then what the hell is the point of this rule for the population of players that actually matter? This "rule" will change literally nothing if it only affects Media Partners and Creators.
    Smartz_ likes this.
  14. SoularYT Obsidian

XP:
    7,025xp

Nobody wants to accept a random partner rank from a dead server when they're just there to chill.
    Rainbow_Dashi likes this.
  15. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    215,193xp
    "Make daily content for us or we don't care if you get stream sniped."
    Words to live by.

well terrible ones anyways...
  16. Rainbow_Dashi Obsidian

XP:
    40,037xp

Dang, right in with that insta-burn! That made me laugh a lot, he heee...

Also, why don't I recognize you? Do you recognize me? I only know people from like, 2013-2014, so it'd be a total shame if I truly did miss out on your potential funny posts of the past!
    SoularYT likes this.
  17. SoularYT Obsidian

XP:
    7,025xp

I used to go by different names in the past. I joined around the MineZ closed Beta in 2012. SPLR48JL, BlazinBlizzard. I went by a lot of stuff. I'm not surprised you don't recognize me.