1. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

2. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion New Map: Room with a View (Coe’s Quest)

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by ralphypuppy, May 8, 2019.

Suggestion - New Map: Room with a View (Coe’s Quest)
  1. ralphypuppy Regular Member

XP:
    37,950xp
    Hello everyone. I’m currently trying to work on a new map based off of the old Youtube series Coe’s Quest, which a lot of you may remember from the old days of Minecraft during Alpha and Beta. Coestar’s videos were pretty popular back in the day along with Yogscast, and a tutorial Coe made on how to survive your first night in Minecraft was available back on the old Minecraft official website.

Anyways, this Annihilation map is going to be based off of Coe’s original base from the first episode onwards. I’m using the original map from the series, but I need to clean it up due to map corruption from opening it in 1.12/1.14.

If any of you have any comments and suggestions, please leave them below.

I’m still thinking of names, either “Coe’s Quest”, then the actual name of the fortress (CQHQ), or something else. Tall grass is also absent in Coe’s base, so would you guys want that to be added? I want to keep it as accurate as possible but with some updates for Annihilation.

Also, should I keep it almost identical to the original, or should I make it a run-down abandoned ruin after the years its been abandoned? (EDIT: Yeah, it'll be abandoned.)

UPDATE #1:

CQHQ is going to be one of the most quick maps in the game. Might as well call it Blitzkreig.
    While I haven’t worked out most of the mineral locations yet, Iron Ore will be found very close to Spawn so teams will be set to fight each other very quickly.

And Mid will be HELL.

Coe built a cobblestone railway across the ocean as you might recall, and the mid-ocean “crossroads” base he made late in the series might be Mid.

As such, each team will essentially have a PRE-BUILT midbridge. In fact, you could build a minecart and place it on there if you wanted to and ride to Mid.

This means that Mid will be accessible extremely easily and early, and as such Mid wars will be constant, quick, and ALWAYS happening. So be prepared to fight like you haven’t before.

(Option: I might blow up some of the railways to Mid so that teams will still have to build bridges to get there. But maybe not.)

The actual CQHQ base is very vertical in nature and I’m still figuring out how to make it more flat and easier to traverse, and I also am figuring out where to put Nexus and where to put the Nether Portal (Should I keep Coe’s nether portal at the bottom of the base? And if so, where will Spawn be?

And now, for the WIP pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/T0F051P
    Mid: https://imgur.com/a/8qvn6fo[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Ivandagiant and Hingey like this.

2. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    574,693xp
    I think 1.9.4 should be high enough of a version. Dont know whether rhis matters
  3. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    39,401xp
    Make it run down. Then the tall grass would make more sense. How about you also have vines growing off of the sides of some things.
  4. ralphypuppy Regular Member

XP:
    37,950xp
    Awesome. Working on it right now.

Also, due to the years gone by, there are a TON of creeper craters littering the place.

5. ralphypuppy Regular Member

XP:
    37,950xp
    New Update, guys. Pics incoming!