1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion New guns

Discussion in 'Mine Theft Auto' started by Ktrompfl, Mar 9, 2016.

Suggestion - New guns
  1. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    I reached yesterday finnaly level 100 and there are now some thing which make me sad. The first thing is that the high level guns aren't balanced because less players tried them so less players know how bad they are. If I use a gun for a higher level, I want to be sure that its better than a gun for a lower level.
    The bullpup is worse than the combat shotgun and the sawnoff. It deals a lot of damage but is ways too slow because its a level 80 gun. And because its at the moment the high levelest gun you can use for combat, because gusenberg sweeper isn't kitable, combat MG deals low damage and is slower than a simply AK47 which is only level 33 and deals more damage. So nerf the ak47 firerate and give combat MG a higher firerate. Give the bullpup a little lower damage and higher firerate. Give the other 2 shotguns a liitle lower firerate too.
    The next thing I wan't to say is that a few new guns for high levels would be cool because I played MTA to get a higher level to get better guns. But now there isn't any good gun I can level for because im level 100. Im still using level 69 special carbine because there isn't abetter gun I could use. So for example that there is a new level 105 machine gun which is better than special carbine, carbine rifle and AK47. So theres just a good gun I can wait for which gives me as level 105 player a good chance against level 69 players
    EDIT: Its really funny to die vs lvl 55 players because combat shotgun damage is just broken ;(
    OneTupacArmy likes this.

2. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    Anybody want to answer? Or will my suggestion be ignored?
  3. SaigyouAyakashi Regular Member

XP:
    2,978xp
    I think what you fail to realise is the game is made for balance yes your a higher level and what not but giving you op guns isint anybetter than some of the lower teir guns being good. if you had op guns then it would just ruin the game for everybody else aswell. what you need to learn is not to rely on your lvl to much but learn some decent pvp tatics . also heres a tip try and go for the guns with the higher firerate at higher lvls because then your shooting and combat skill lvl are higher meaning you will get more crits in. pardon the grammar I was not fully awake while typing this
    AGearBeast and The_Hunter13 like this.
  4. Pletter Platinum

XP:
    34,973xp
    Higher levels should grand more options, not make you stomp people. The cost in money should represent the power of a weapon. If that gun indeed is not even an option then that is another problem in its entirety
    Micatchu likes this.
  5. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    I just dont understand why a level 80 gun is worse then a level 27 or level 55 gun. Of course I dont want any OP guns in the game you havnt a chance against. But for example the sawnoff is ways too fast. I could use it too, but than fighting would be more luck instat of fairness. Why I should get level 100 in general level if i dont get better guns? If I would use bullpup I even die against SMGs. The best useable gun to fight somebody is special carbine and you havent any chance with it against a combat shotgun. So I have to use combat shotgun lvl 55 when Im level 100+.... Why the level 80 guns even exist if you cant use them for anything. The reason why every high level player is quitting is just that there isnt something special you can use. You have to use same stuff as level 27-55 players if you want any chance. If you you dont want that high level players get better stuff just make a level 60 max. I dont want to play anymore if I get nothing for my level. I dont want to lose my stuff to level 27 players that attack you from behind. Buff the existing high level guns or ill leave the server. Dont add new guns if you dont want. But I wont play anymore if I dont get better guns with better level. The whole level system is useless.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  6. SaudAlfaris Regular Member

XP:
    6,436xp
    Agreed, not to mention the jetpack boosting problem.
  7. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    Congratulations shotbow,
    today I played again MTA and looked for the guns. I hoped you would balance the guns, but no now the sawn off is much faster and almost as fast as the special carbine, the combat shotgun is also faster only the bullpen is still slow. Then I wanted to test the damage because I thought you will nerf the sawn off and combat shotgun damage, but no, nothing was changed.
    I think this is the point where I just will stop asking for the balancing and just say: Bye and thank you for this awesome game mode. Ill quit this gamemode now. Maybe ill come back in a few weeks and test the gun again. Maybe then the sawn off will shoot 10000 bullets per second and the bullpen one per minute instant of finally nerf it.
    Bye all! :(
  8. storm345 Retired Staff

XP:
    632,098xp
    I understand your concerns and will look into re-balancing guns for the 1.9 update! :)
    alfarissaoud and AxyyIX like this.
  9. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    Till that happens ill play some other games. Please write when it updated! =/
  10. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    I completely agree with Ktrompfl.

It's just stupid to make low level guns better than high tier guns, then why people should grind level? For getting worse guns? I understand and agree too that there are guns with different styles and not all high tier guns need to be better, but in this case they aren't really. The problem is when only a part of the playerbase can get these guns (like paying money, p2w), but since everyone is able to grind to level 100, there is no problem.

Other people stated before that you shouldn't have better guns for higher levels and the game needs to be perfectly balanced. Both things are nonsense. First of all it needs to be an incentive for higher levels so people will still play the game, and of course a level 100 player need to have advantages over a level 5 that just found an rpg in a chest. And second, no "perfectly balanced" competitive/pvp game should exist. Just think of it. People would get bored really quickly. There's always a need to have some things that are a little op so the game keeps running.

Also about the balance fixes. I found threads where one or some mad people complained about a gun's stats, sometimes when it didn't really need a change, and they changed it. That shouldn't happen, there should be a poll for the balances. I mean, instead of directly using these threads, there should be a poll where all the balance feedback is there but then the people vote, and It'd be usually more fair if 60 people vote then 3 or 4 guys complain about a gun. I know about the monthly feedback threads but there needs to be a more voting thingy.
  11. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    Yeah, but the problem with polls is that the below level 80 players wouldnt vote for a buff for level 80+ guns. There are more level 27 players who vote for no nerf for sawnoff than level 80 players who vote for nerf sawnoff and buff bullpup. Actual on EU are only 5-6 level 80+ players and only 3 are really active. Compare this to below level 80 players...
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  12. Creeperker Ruby

XP:
    1,944,942xp
    I agree with Ktrompfl
    Certainly gun of level 80 is weak...
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  13. MrMegaPowerStar Platinum

XP:
    40,363xp
    And I'm an penguin.
    Ktrompfl, Micatchu and OneZedArmy like this.
  14. Micatchu Platinum

XP:
    323,927xp
    You guys should listen to pletter. MTA should be about ganging up together and having fun. Not stomping people to get to level 100. I'm level 39 now often with diamond armor and maxed sawnoffs or AK47. Pretty good gear, but when those stomping people decide to make their rounds I don't stand a chance. often dead from 2 bullets in the back... I have days when I die everytime I put my nose out the door.

Seriously I think the stompers miss the whole point of having fun in MTA. They are the ones ruining the fun of the game and make people wanna leave.

For storm: this is really a concern too, stompers sucking the fun of MTA. Maybe something for the 1.9 update too. :) Something like killing not wanted people actually gives -n xp instead of +n xp

Anyway great community plus for last evening. the whole server banned a hacker (mentioning no names :stuck_out_tongue: ). was great to see!
  15. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    I dont want to stomp people with OP guns but having no advantage as level 100+ is sad too... If you dont want to nerf guns please just buff bullpup, gusenber etc. so its as strong and not worse...
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  16. Micatchu Platinum

XP:
    323,927xp
    I totally agree with you that leveling up should lead to more goodies. But that should be advantages that expands the variety of the game. like gang advantages or more utilities in the shop, certain kinds of jobs/missions etc. Leveling up shouldn't mean only stomping others gets easier. Yes, then you do get bored :)
    The_Hunter13 likes this.
  17. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    Wait. So think of you're playing a game, or an MMO (like Blade&soul. If you dont know what it is, think of a regular online game). After grinding and playing for hours and hours, you reach level 50 and you have a decent gear. Also you used lots of currency (game currency) on the gear to upgrade it. So, after all that, you say that a player of level 5 is able to defeat a level 50? Of course, the level 50 would have more skill, but think that the level 5 player has some skill. That's nonsense. Higher levels SHOULD have more advantage over low ones. Not too much to be completely destroyed (that's why they have passive mode for 15 levels!), but more advantage, not only more "variety".
  18. Ktrompfl Retired Staff

XP:
    507,389xp
    Thats my point!
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  19. Micatchu Platinum

XP:
    323,927xp
    The thing is I do agree with you. I have enough times that I also get killed by noobs. While I'm wearing diamond armor and have maxed sawnoffs. Beacause they sneak up from behind... But that doesn't take away the fact that as much as that happens (and it's terribly annoying). I have a much bigger problem with +80 level bullies that seams to think that the only value with MTA is stomping people.

So yes I totally agree with that higher level should lead to better weapons, but stomping people as only hobby, when you already know they don't stand a change against you, that ruins the fun for a lot of people. For me MTA is something we all do together, that is what makes it such a great game.
  20. StealthMacaw Regular Member

XP:
    40,817xp
    Uh. Me and a friend went to the trouble to max out a minigun we can't use. And then we tried max SMG. Turns out SMG does more damage tbh. (no shots missed in testing.) Therefore a level 15 gun is better than a level *150* gun. Which is odd to me.

On another note level 69 is basically the best level in my opinion, as that unlocks special carbine and that's the GG gun.
    Also 9mm is probably the second best weapon (also in my opinion.) *Have you seen how much damage it does compared to a mini gun per second?!*

Uuh. I ran out of rant. Anyway. Looking forward to 1.9 shotbow :wink:

- <edit> a marksman rifle also still can't 1 shot an unarmored person with a critical headshot. That's also odd in my opinion! :lmao: