1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion NERFED RAVINE!!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Mychon, May 22, 2015.

Discussion - NERFED RAVINE!!?!?!?!?!?!!? | Page 2
  1. bdnessell Gold

XP:
    157,437xp
    The nerfing of ravine was long overdue. You simply have to fall to get potions of HP III, and a large quantity at that. Compared to other places, it was worth even a long walk for fall damage. Now, it may not get o many visitors (including me), but this is a survival game. Its not supposed to be easy

2. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    They should have just made it so that you are forced to do the parkour in order to get the heal pot chests instead of nerfing the chests. I mean all you have to do right now is fall down the cliff face on the south east corner and you have the chests. Or just make it so the chests aren't campable by reducing the size of the area around where they spawn.
  3. Lieutenant_Joe Silver

XP:
    52,132xp
    >Replies to negative comments but ignores suggestions

Just put a roof wider than the bridge there or something. Wouldn't that solve the problem somewhat? You could make it look dilapidated without putting giant holes in it I'm sure. Make it impossible to cheat.
    There used to be, but there hasn't been for a long time... at least, to my knowledge. If there is and you do go there with a button or two, doesn't that nullify any reason to go to Fort Erie as a result? Plus you can't camp it for iron like at Erie; unless you've got some big master plan that you're not telling anyone, it seems to me you've made an error in judgement. I've been to Ravine maybe a total of five or six times in the 2 and a half years I've been playing this game, two of which were before it was revamped; I don't go there very often, and I'm not really affected either way by the change, but I still think you've made a big mistake in this nerf. Now no one's going to have any reason to come here at all, not even if they avoided health pots entirely and just went North from Huntsgrove.
    Mine_Frond likes this.
  4. SkeletonXF238 Regular Member

XP:
    44,303xp
    I get the impression that you'd have far fewer disagreements if data about MineZ was given out more clearly so people weren't guessing over the value of chests to assess if an area is too weak or strong.
  5. mines Regular Member

XP:
    143,139xp
    I think you should get rid of the insta III's but increase the chances of getting II's and like a few other posts suggest make getting their more dangerous, for example adding some spawners and hard parkour.
  6. FireKnight1483 Platinum

XP:
    948,262xp
    I don't know if it has been changed since, but the last time I checked, the only thing behind the iron door is a secret sound. :eek:
  7. Berehap Regular Member

XP:
    44,611xp
    ravine maybe was a bit too op, but it was the only real place in that part of the map to get pots (except frostbain, but frostbain only has one really low tier hospital chest). With this nerf I think it is useless to go to the snow biome, because for everything you do in minez you will need (good) pots.

Not only makes it the snow biome pretty useless, but it also makes it so people like me who do a hardcore dungeon every weeek (byesfords, frostbain or anemos) have a hard time getting enough gear and pots in time, since the best place to get pots now would be al hasa, but with al the hoppers and pvp going on there i sometimes don't want to take the risk of going there (and the pots there are worse).

I agree ravine was too op, but i also think they shouldn't have nerfed the chests so the place is useless for pots (yeah maybe there are also some military chests, but there are better places to get gear), but they shoud just have buffed the difficulty so it isn't the worst place in the game for pots, like it pretty much is now, I mean risking your life to get down there and running past the zombie spawner just isn't worth it for 2 hospital chests that bad).

And last but not least, why nerfing ravine so close to the rebalancing, a few weeks ago there was a thread if we wanted better pots in hasa, or a giant spawn next to the town, with this being posted i thought other places also would get more pot chests and ravine then probably would get nerfed, but with nerfing ravine before this rebalance there isn't really that good a place to get pots untill the rebalancing for people who want to do as many dungeons as I do and don't have time to play 24/7.
    8noremac and lucaan5 like this.
  8. lucaan5 Regular Member

XP:
    24,441xp
    Ravine is in the middle of no-where so the only reason you would go there is for something special. Like insta III's.
  9. nilo1998 Gold

XP:
    29,552xp
    i think we all should just sit and wait for more upcoming changes majicou and the other admins are working on, chill everyone
    Majicou likes this.
  10. 8noremac Regular Member

XP:
    30,784xp
    i dont want to wait a few months till i can play again
    Jojer likes this.
  11. nilo1998 Gold

XP:
    29,552xp
    so you can't play MineZ without insta III? sorry but then i might have the permission to call you a noob :stuck_out_tongue:
  12. 8noremac Regular Member

XP:
    30,784xp
    i can but i wont be able to get my inventory full with insta 2, and i thought you meant that we just had to wait till he releases it
  13. nilo1998 Gold

XP:
    29,552xp
    trade? they are pretty cheap
  14. Berehap Regular Member

XP:
    44,611xp

maybe now they are cheap because people still have them, but when people have traded al of them away they will be very expensive and it would take too much time to get them for weekly dungeon attempts like 8noremac, mychon. me and many others did
    Mychon and 8noremac like this.
  15. Lieutenant_Joe Silver

XP:
    52,132xp
    >Hell Tree
    >Sunken Tower
    >Death Mansion
    >Sanctuary of Peace

I might be on your side in this argument, but you've got the wrong reasons... I think it's removed the only good reason to go to Ravine in the first place, but it seems like you're only defending it as a place to camp chests easier. Sanctuary of Peace is probably an easier place to get them from in the first place; you just need to watch out for pigmen and bring buttons (though you can trick the zombies into opening the door for you). Either way, Health IIIs aren't supposed to be easy to get; that's why the chests you find them in are considered legendary chests.
  16. FourRadicals Platinum

XP:
    197,271xp
    ;-; Sad day...
  17. Berehap Regular Member

XP:
    44,611xp

I agree they shoudn't be that easy to get like they were at ravine, but i don't think nerfing the chests at ravine is the way to solve this, since now it's just useless to go there and for fast gearers like me it's now just useless to go to the snow biome at all, they just made it so the only place in the snow biome for pots is useless to go, because you will probably make more damage from the spawned zombies then you will get health of the potions back
    8noremac likes this.
  18. ppapa2000 Platinum

XP:
    57,140xp
    This skin reminds me of my skin lol.
  19. mines Regular Member

XP:
    143,139xp

I would recommend getting a few buttons and gearing up past yawpton, maybe devils castle and paulster before heading to the sanctuary of peace for potions. This way you can keep to the ice quite a bit as you stated you like your route fast. The sanctuary of peace has 5 hospital total chests, of which 1 is a Hospital_Legendary. It is much closer to the byesford dungeon you mentioned than ravine and quite close to a few others. However the downside is you need 1 button to access it each time you go to loot, or you could try and get lucky with the zombie spawns. Alternatively the hospital chests at dark mansion are pretty easy to access and farm if you are planning to do any dungeons near there. Sorry if this doesn't help, it's the best i could think up.
    -Mines
  20. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
    Argh, are you kidding me?