1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Nerf/Remove Engineer

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by squallythewally, Sep 11, 2021.

Suggestion - Nerf/Remove Engineer
  1. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,962xp
    Why should an easily attainble class have an ability which can destory 30 minutes work in 15 seconds. There are solutions to overcoming big defences that don't involve blowing it to pieces - the class doesn't need to exist. Users that aren't even invested in the game can just join on and troll about for a few minutes it's simply not fair.

[IMG]
    Two-person built defence ruined in 15 seconds by an engineer

This has happened way too regularly recently and it's really frustrating. I understand delay blocks work but there is literally no point in having the engineer class and then both abilities can be obsolete. Simplify the game and remove an aspect which has no purpose please.

Defences used to be so fun and satisfying to build and WERE scalable without engineer.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Idc if you disagree x

2. SnowVi1liers Administrator

XP:
    1,413,202xp
    An interesting suggestion...
    Delay blocks do prevent engineers from using their ability like you said which is a complete counter to the engineer class, keep them there and no one will want to break your wall.

Removing the class entirely from annihilation however in my opinion will cause problems with griefers.

When a team griefs your gold mine, everyone looks to engineer to remove the blocks. Without engineer, I can imagine gold or other areas being griefed with delaying blocks, and even without delay blocks it will take a very long time to clear these areas out. Have a look at the clan wars where engineer was disabled (ie. can't be used). Griefing the enemy gold mine was the meta during that time, wasting lots of time for the opposition which overtime had begun frustrating the competitive clans... perhaps the same frustration when your wall breaks but in this case no team could begin playing without gold supply during clan wars.... ending the match before it could begin in some cases.

An idea could be to reduce the blast radius of the engineer explosion (like removing nuke for example), or increase the cooldown to use the ability might be a better idea which I would support.
    What is everyone else's opinions? Did I miss anything?
    Smaragdon likes this.
  3. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,962xp
    Honestly just remove engineer and delay blocks then. The point of engineer was to counter big defences, then to counter engineer and buff defences delay blocks were partly introduced - so just remove both and return to the original meta of big walls working. It was successful for literally half a decade I don't see why we can't return to it.
    Axyy likes this.
  4. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    It is really hard to play around a wall nowadays, classes are way too mobile or the wall can get blown up. The meta has long changed to favor camping the nexus with immobilizers and mercs instead of building a proper wall and defending it.

I would like to see engineer be changed to something that CREATES things rather than destroys. You know those blocks in wasted that would build a building for you? I would like to see engineer have that ability. You can create small strategic buildings on the go. Makes more sense that just blowing things up.
    GiveLifeB2Music likes this.
  5. ucutmeloose Silver

XP:
    3,467xp
    The only class that needs nerfing is Scout. I suggest buffing Bard's slowness 2 to slowness 3, and making it so you can have both a team buff and an enemy nerf going on at the same time.
    Smaragdon likes this.
  6. Smaragdon Regular Member

XP:
    17,379xp
    Blast resistant blocks sound like an option too (mineable or lucky find as Builder?)

I didn't try obsidian, but these are rare to begin with, being not much currently useful against Engineer.