1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other Need help with pvp!

Discussion in 'GG' started by roxas237, May 19, 2015.

Other - Need help with pvp!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_NihilusVII Regular Member

XP:
    15,153xp
    Y r so many ppl op at pvp!? I suck so much, yet ive pvped for bout 6 years. I no every technique: strafing, blockhitting, crit hits, ect. Practice does jack and i want someone to train me. PM me if ur kind enough

2. Nose4Toes Platinum

XP:
    113,812xp
    So... I really sucked at splashing so what I did was just ran around a different PvP server, and focused on splashing, rather than killing. Also, with strafing you NEED to have a good connection, and good aim. So, if you are strafing don't jitter-click
  3. 8noremac Regular Member

XP:
    30,784xp
    ^this doesnt make sense dont listen to that lol
  4. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    ...and? What do you have to say that does makes sense?

In my experience, there are only two things that really seem to affect pvp: Ping and clicking really goddamn fast. Don't use 1.8, obviously.
    Celariel likes this.
  5. Coyn Platinum

XP:
    214,750xp
    Are you talking about potpvp or regular pvp?
  6. Arasai Platinum

XP:
    246,754xp
    1st off, Blockhitting rarely helps. 2nd off, learn how to jitter click, 3rd off, learn how to splash.
  7. 8noremac Regular Member

XP:
    30,784xp
    clicking really fast doesnt really help (it only helps a bit but if you just started pvping you really dont need to learn it). ping is usefull but i know people with 80 or 300 ping who are god. yes dont use 1.8 it doesnt help at all.

you dont need to learn how to jitterclick just because all the god pvpers do that doesnt mean it helps a lot, idk how a lot of people came to that idea but it only helps when you know all the other aspects of pvp. blockhitting rarely helps? okay lol so knocking people 10 blocks away because you hit them 3 times with blockhits and you also get the 50% damage reduction when you block is definetely usefull you just gotta use it when you are close to the person. learn how to splash true but this isnt that hard, run forward and splash (if the opponenent is in front of you just turn 180 degrees and than run and splash) if you cant turn because there is a block behind you splash under you.
  8. littlebaron Platinum

XP:
    11,509xp
    Most people drink their speed pot before going into a fight which effectively gives them reach. Drink yo speed!
  9. Arasai Platinum

XP:
    246,754xp
    Blockhitting reduces your mobility, sacrificing mobility for a small chance at a 50% damage reduction is not good.
  10. 8noremac Regular Member

XP:
    30,784xp
    than you dont blockhit right i would even use blockhitting if it didnt reduce damage at all because it isnt just damage reduction it knocks people far away if you do this when you are close to a player and than you start hitting normal you will have a great combo
  11. Darth_NihilusVII Regular Member

XP:
    15,153xp
    1. its basically regular pvp
    2. blockhitting helps somewhat
    3. I suck at strafing
    4. wth is jitterclicking?

I don't understand how to strafe well, so tips on tht?
  12. Mychon Obsidian

XP:
    106,374xp
    Like me :wink:
  13. jaka100 Gold

XP:
    11,576xp
    Just install your hacks and you're ready to go
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  14. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    >blockhitting knocks people back
    [needs citation]
    Are you sure it just doesn't look like they flew back further? Your FOV is smaller when you block compared to when you sprint.
  15. FreeCookson Platinum

XP:
    3,771xp
    In KOTD if you are close to a person and they have a bow pulled grenade them in the face and combo them off the impact. This typically puts them into a retreat where u can pretty much just keep hitting them.
  16. Jojer Platinum

XP:
    69,235xp
    Literally the worst advice you could give

You do NOT need good ping to be good, that's just an excuse people tell themselves when they can't beat someone, the just call him a "pinger" which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
    It's also possible to jitter while strafing, it all depends on your sensitivity and DPI.

Block hitting is really helpful when you learn how to do it properly, but it's a really annoying technique so I hate to use it.

Strafing depends completely on what you think strafing is (if that makes sense) and by that I mean, if you think spamming A and D is good for strafing, then do it, another thing is circle strafe, which is basically going around someone in a circle (while hitting them of course).
    This one probably takes a while to learn, I use it and I find it really fun to do.

Also, another thing that could help you in any kind of strafe would be, spam W, what this does is reset your sprint and what's good about that is, the first hit in after starting to sprint always deals more knockback, so by reseting it you'll deal tons of knockback, just remember, comboing is all about knockback
    knockback.

Hope I helped :).
    8noremac likes this.
  17. 8noremac Regular Member

XP:
    30,784xp
    yes im sure it knocks them back further

same with blockhitting resets your sprint.

i should listen to jojer he is the only one who actually gave usefull advise.
    Jojer likes this.
  18. Jojer Platinum

XP:
    69,235xp

/o_o/ edgy \o_o\
  19. Jojer Platinum

XP:
    69,235xp
    It's when you vibrate your nerves / muscles in your hand to vibrate it and click faster by doing
    that.

Basically, intentionally giving yourself carpal tunnels and Parkinsons
  20. Darth_NihilusVII Regular Member

XP:
    15,153xp
    so jitterclicking is shaking ur hand as you click on ur mouse?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.