1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion My idea to raise money for shotbow.

Discussion in 'The Network' started by tallkids, Sep 14, 2018.

Suggestion - My idea to raise money for shotbow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallkids Obsidian

XP:
    144,116xp
    So i have noticed shotbow is dying so i have an idea to counter the new EULA, so how about making a 12 hour sale for black friday (which may be a while from now so we have a chance) to make everything in the store cost 50% off for 12 hours on black friday (might be for the first time because i don't know because i started shotbow a half a year after it started but i did not log in intell 2013 in april so its marked there) its not much but ideas start this way, and staff? lock this thread when necessary when its done and over with (What ever point you think is necessary)

2. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Nah bro. It's shotbow. They're going to make it a 5% sale with a free cookie if you do it.
    Manaea likes this.
  3. Setrci Silver

XP:
    7,766xp
    I prefer shotbow to die
    I dont want to give shotbow money anymore, premium member already gave shotbow so much money but still the problems arent fixed.
    Smartz_ likes this.
  4. tallkids Obsidian

XP:
    144,116xp
    they are not like that, remember a few years ago black friday where platinum was 40% off and so was $50 for 550k shotbow xp? (before the eula struck again) they will if they need to to stay alive, surely staff will understand
  5. tallkids Obsidian

XP:
    144,116xp
    well still yes i can say this has failed so staff will soon lock it when it aint't going no where
  6. Catsgood123 Silver

XP:
    2,405xp
    Nice thought to revive, but honestly it would probably be best if it dies, realises what went wrong and then revive itself. But honestly I don't think it can really bring itself back to the way it was.
    _Swipe and Smartz_ like this.
  7. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Homie, other servers make like triple sales when they go to like 65.
  8. GunOverdose PR Co-Lead

XP:
    337,656xp
    I think your suggestion puts a bandaid over the real problem, let me explain why, and hopefully everyone here also pays attention to this.
    Let's say I have three servers, to save anyone redacting for server advertising, I'm just going to call them A and B. If you want to know which ones I used for this information, I can PM you but let's focus on this.
    So here's what we have:
    Let's start with the cheapest rank on all servers.
    Server A: Costs $2.50 (Was originally $9.99 but is on sale) With Permanent Benefits
    Server B: Costs $3.48 (Was originally $6.99 but is on sale) With Permanent Benefits.
    Shotbow: Costs $15.00 with benefits for only 1 month.
    Already you should be able to start seeing the problem or problem(s) depending upon how you view it.
    Firstly, ranks on servers A and B are Permanent. Meaning no matter the time span you will always have benefits, which is probably a huge turn off for a lot of players to buy on Shotbow. Hypothetically speaking, if I play all three servers the same amount and wanted to purchase a rank for them, why would I purchase something that's temporary for one month, when I can buy Server A and B's ranks for roughly the same amount and be permanent. In order for you to get permanent benefits on Shotbow, you would have to spend $100 dollars (Now before you say the xp multiplier stays even as your rank runs out, I am aware of this but I am talking all benefits).
    Second, look at the prices. While the sale is temporary, even with what you suggested with a 50% price reduction, Shotbow is still beat out by other servers prices. Is this an issue that can be fixed exactly? Honestly, I'm not sure. Sure you can cut the rank prices permanently in half which would make Shotbow more competitive and that would make the newer people happy who want to purchase ranks, however that would probably piss off a lot of people who spent a lot of money on this game. Not to mention some people who literally spent $1000 dollars and still don't have the "bedrock" rank and seem pissed about it.
    The best thing I think shotbow could do is make the ranks actually permanent with their benefits. Sure a temporary sale could help, but I don't think it solves the root of the problem.
  9. Yvar Regular Member

XP:
    19,304xp
    Thats a good idea yes!
    Think imma buy emerald if its going to work.
    I want to support this server cuz it was kinda my childhood you know?
    I cant let this server die like this
    tallkids likes this.
  10. tallkids Obsidian

XP:
    144,116xp
    btw i did not say snip, you edited the reply command, ill show you what i mean in the next message
  11. tallkids Obsidian

XP:
    144,116xp
    of course this one is fake, but so was the "Snip" thing you posted
  12. tallkids Obsidian

XP:
    144,116xp
    like you said when you get $15 basic then even after it expires when you pay 10 with a sub you get silver, and you keep the rank and xp multiplier, its only the premium that expires
  13. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    Honestly, I don't think Shotbow making more money is going to get it very far. I know Shotbow has to pay for its servers, but outside of that, where does the extra money actually go? It's no secret that the Staff/Developers aren't paid for their work; that's actually the biggest excuse for why progress doesn't happen fast. "The developers are volunteers and may have real life priorities." I mean, let's take a look at this from their perspective: They're working for a struggling Minecraft server that doesn't pay them, with a community that's very toxic towards them. Is it any wonder why Shotbow's not a priority? If Shotbow really wants to grow, I think this is the main issue that should be addressed. Now, I'm not saying "make them work or kick them out," but maybe actually pay them for their work, even if it's a small amount on a per-project basis (which is how many small Spigot servers handle payment). I'm sure the developers would be happy to make some extra money on the side of whatever they're doing in real life, and it could mean more work would actually get done. And honestly, I'd be much happier to donate again if it meant at least some of it went to supporting development.
    Of course, if I'm wrong about any of this, I'd like to hear about it.
    TL;DR: Instead of just paying to keep the server alive long enough to watch everyone leave, why not actually support its growth/development?
  14. tallkids Obsidian

XP:
    144,116xp
    video games only pay when you make a real game, not base it out of a sandbox game
  15. tallkids Obsidian

XP:
    144,116xp
    and staff will lock this post soon, so you might want to answer soon
  16. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    What does that even mean? Minecraft servers pay their developers. If you look at 2 of the current largest servers (possibly those that GunOverdose mentioned), they do pay their devs. It's not Minecraft that pays them, it's the server owners that do.
  17. tallkids Obsidian

XP:
    144,116xp
    i see what you mean, what about women getting paid just as much as men? thats another thing need of fixing in this world, and theres millions more to fix and alot can't .-.
  18. GunOverdose PR Co-Lead

XP:
    337,656xp
    People do “snip” when they’re preventing giant walls of text from taking up the screen. I know you didn’t say snip, but most people who read the thread will have already read what you said, hence why would I copy the entire thing when I can just show who I am talking to?

Yes, but my entire point is why would you spend all that money on a temporary rank, when many servers are extremely cheaper. One sale isn’t going to fix the problem if it’s consistently more expensive and isn’t permenant.
    Why? Actual discussion is happening here and we’re trying to make things better instead of just sitting stagenent at where we are.
    What does this have to do with anything?
  19. tallkids Obsidian

XP:
    144,116xp
    oh,
    now i understand the snip thing,
    the women thing has to do with getting paid fair, like shotbow developers, and you keep the rank and xp multiplier, its just the premium stuff that expires, i even did not know this myself so i skipped straight from unranked to platinum
  20. GunOverdose PR Co-Lead

XP:
    337,656xp
    Are you saying that shotbow developers are like women because they don’t get paid as much...?
    First, they don’t get paid, they’re volunteers, they do things at their own pace without having to worry about deadlines because they’re doing it because they want to, not because it’s a job.
    Second, Silver is suggesting we pay them to make it their full time job, which is not the case right now.
    Third, read my statement again,
    If I want to purchase a rank, why would I spend money to get something I technically already get when a premium is in my lobby? There’s no benefits after your rank expires beside a different colored name. That’s the problem. Why spend $15 for something I get technically for free and other servers are cheaper and have more benefits?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.