1. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

2. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide My Gift to You! (AQR Update)

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Mysterious_Seven, Dec 25, 2018.

Guide - My Gift to You! (AQR Update)
?

Do you use this Resource often?

Yes 9 vote(s) 100.0%
Yes 6 vote(s) 66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    542,099xp
    Edit: Bumped the enter key when setting up the poll. Make sure you don't pick the wrong one!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Take me to the Annihilation Quick Reference

New Features:
    • Introduction Page
    • Restructured Armor and Weapon combat!
    • Added Anonymous Editable Calculators to some pages!
    • Unofficial Tournament Brackets
    Existing Features:
    • Trivia -- with tips and other things to give you an edge in game.
    • A full class reference sheet, the namesake of this project.
    • First Enchant chart!
    • A Shop and Boss Buff item list!
    • The Potion Catalog!
    • Map Ore Counts (For Map builders)
    WIP:
    • Enchanted Armor Calculator
    Previous forum posts. If you have a question, please consider looking over these first.
    Dec 25th, 2018: Current
    May 19th, 2018: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/the-quick-reference-has-been-updated.386407/
    Oct 25th, 2017: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/annihilation-quick-reference.379921/
    Sept 7th, 2017: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/class-loadout-list-and-commentary.378028/
    Mohawk2, Kingey, Hingey and 3 others like this.

2. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    542,099xp
    Alright. Class suggestions!
    Summary of Suggestion [Goal of Suggestion]

Bard: Add a passive that gives teammates faster natural health regeneration. [To make the presence of a bard during escape more survivable] P.S. Add a placeholder for the bard box so if destroyed it is returned and not deleted.
    Berserker: On death lose 6 hearts (12 points) of health. [To mimic, albeit slightly, the balance changes introduced by Robinhood]
    Builder: (See Scout)
    Defender: Ability to block arrows with his shield. [A master of defense should have a few perks to defend himself!]
    Engineer: Change name to Demolitionist. [The class has changed to the point it is unrecognizable]
    Handyman: Give chain leggings. [What is a handyman without his tool belt?]
    Healer: burst ability (45s) should be scaled back, Lower CD and heal proportionately. [To make this ability less punishing when accidentally used.]
    Hunter: Trigger traps when players are higher above them. [To not let Scout grapple over traps without triggering them or getting affected,]
    Iceman: Turn lava into Magma blocks when passive is toggled on. [To fix this Bug: Lava can sometimes be broken while ice and turn into water]

Scout: Since this is a huge point of contention, I've opted to make several suggestions of which to toy with.
    Give a slightly longer cooldown.
    [Allow more time for arrow shots]
    ---OR---
    Alternatively, if the CD is non-negotiable think about adding an extremely short debuff that prevents grappling, punishing scouts for getting hit in succession. Scouts would have to time their pulls as to not line up with this momentary debuff. You could forgo all of these to just not allow grappling while a certain number of enemies are nearby.
    [Punish reckless scouts for team diving when unprepared]
    ---OR---
    If debuffing the class itself is not at all an option, consider adding blocks to the Builder class that cannot be grappled to.
    [Scout edge guard and defense]
    ---OR--- (Added from post 5 on Jan. 1st, 2019 @ 3:30pm EST)
    Make the grapple have a higher cooldown when stretching beyond the normal throw distance.
    [Make the distance covered more consistent to the average]

Alright, your Move. What do you think?
    Hingey and Celariel like this.
  3. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    760,768xp
    Engineer's TNT has cooled downs timed based on the type of bomb(smaller bombs less time). Engineer can rocket jump much like wizards whirlwind works but fall damage is still taken into account. Bombs have varying power levels(nuke should be able to get you out of the canyon). Been asking for this for a while hoping they take it.

I think the Anni team should make it a goal to release tiny changes here and there this year no big updates. That way the community can give direct feedback also keeps the game fresh week after week.
    Celariel likes this.
  4. PaySafeKaart Platinum

XP:
    113,644xp
    I really like the third idea of the scout debuffing!
  5. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    542,099xp
    I suppose they could not allow for class ability affects to work in general. Maybe for it to work someone would need to be inside of a structure of some kind. Just to be safe I'd design it with swapper traps in mind so that they don't work off one another too easily.

Just came up with another idea. I'll add this to the post above.
    Make the grapple have a higher cooldown when stretching beyond the normal throw distance.
    [Make the distance covered more consistent to the average]
  6. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    542,099xp
  7. Toyl Regular Member

XP:
    24,454xp
    I dont know why Scout needs a nerf.... It is only useful for a couple maps and its extremley common to get the "Unable to Grapple" message making you have to wait again for the cooldown. You cant grapple in water, fire, or when you are debuffed either so the class is only good in a few rare occasions.
    Tozzu likes this.
  8. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    542,099xp
    Well, normally I would agree with you. After mulling it over, Scouts in the current meta move very recklessly and due to their movement potential it goes vastly unpunished. I usually ask myself at least these two questions.
    1. Is the only way to counter this strategy by using this strategy?
    2. What counters are there for this strategy barring and including class effects? (sometimes I look at unlockable class abilities)
    These immediately bring to mind Vampire, Scout and Swapper. Scout is the least broken class in this lineup, but it still accounts for a much larger percentage of the PvP base so fine tuning should be a reasonable goal. As for water and fire, grappling out of water onto land is still possible and fire can be negated by very cheap potions (at only 2 and 2/3g per pot) and entirely negated via the boss buff helmet. Slowness is the only surefire way to slow down a Scout, but those effects ether take a few seconds (which in 1v1 PvP is nearly impossible) such as with Bard and Hunter or has longer activation times like Ninja. That leaves Wizard. Wizard is the best Scout counter to date because of its diversity and its "movement spell". Disengage for Scouts is otherwise pretty effortless and given that you need to stop moving to make ranged shots just makes Scout that much harder to kill after one has committed to running.

If you're interested in learning more about game balance, the most approachable of what I've studied is Extra Credits. Be sure you look them up if you're in for some thinking and cartoon drawings.

I look forward to more questions. :)