1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide Murgatron's Defence Guide [Outdated]

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Murgatron, Jan 3, 2014.

Guide - Murgatron's Defence Guide [Outdated] | Page 3
?

Was this helpful?

Yes! :D 229 vote(s) 80.4%
Somewhat...kinda...ish. 32 vote(s) 11.2%
Nope! I knew all this already! 24 vote(s) 8.4%
  1. Legaleo46 Regular Member

XP:
    8,121xp
    It seems you worked alot to make this thread, like for having job and for tips.
    Murgatron likes this.

2. IAmTheSoup Regular Member

XP:
    12,132xp
    Just a suggestion, but is it possible to put each of the sections into spoilers, so anyone looking for something specific from the guide doesn't have to scroll forever to find what they're looking for?
    Murgatron likes this.
  3. SuperCraig64 Regular Member

XP:
    28,770xp
    You both are right. I think both of your methods are effective. BUT, rushing tatics I have also have defence elements as well.

1. build a bridge across from the enemy to your place. You can escape enemy fire faster, and also attack the new guys down there.

2. Make a pit fall trap. Oldest trick in the book guys. Takes a while but works. ALSO NO WATER. that makes the fall damage worthless.

3. Remember the archer trap from the guide? Well think of it at the enemy base! TROLOLOLOLOL! Get some funny revenge and unleash hell to them!

4. Sky base. Easy attack and defence method. But NEVER Foilproof. Its just a little hideout until they find you. If fails, then resort to another base.

5. Drown your opponent? IDK I never tried it. However, its possible to try. Not so sure if its Foilproof, but if u convence them that's the entrence and block the rest off. THEY DROWN! lol. easy kills. Also barely works.

6. Sometimes, players have OP Items for example: Iron Sword enchantments of Unbreaking 3, Sharpness 2, and Knockback 3. What if you were to steal them??? Now that's awesome. Also the trap is to lure them the strongest player then the player sneak attacks them and kills them with the other player. SIMPLE!

7. Shoot someone down their bridge. Its instant kill. NO MATTER WHAT! Unless they are near the ground less than 15 blocks. And must inflict knockback.

8. same as (7) but with a sword in melee. (7) is the most effective but costly.

9. Use teleporters to launch players to enemy bases and back to yours! That's skill right there.

10. Block all entrences with blocks and make a large pit fall. Then put MORE BLOCKS to make double walls. If the player is dumb enough, they will fall in and be trapped until a player kills them, or they climb up. WARNING: IMPOSSIBLE TO DO BY YOURSELF! DO WITH A TEAM!

11. Remember the "Moldy Sandwich" Method? Do it with wool, wood, and stone blocks. Doing this will force your opponents to switch items giving you more free time to spare. Doing double or triple layers also add the confustion.

That's all I got folks. So hopefully this helps! Good Luck!
    -SuperCraig64
  4. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Thank you :)

Fraid this forum does not allow for spoilers so no :( otherwise I would do that!

Not quite sure which discussion you are referring to :confused: the points you raise are a bit tricky to reply to without knowing the original discussion :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Updated to include the addition of the Hunter class:
    zSxaronSexy likes this.
  6. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Updated the guide for discussion on the Assassin class, the new map Hamlet and the long needed update about iron bars re;scouts grappling:

7. Gizcow Retired Staff

XP:
    143,596xp
    Shoutout to Murgatron for coming up with this first. I had no idea, man :wink:
    Murgatron likes this.
  8. domluc7 Silver

XP:
    14,085xp
    Really nice through of everything!
    Murgatron likes this.
  9. jaka100 Gold

XP:
    11,576xp
    How to defend on Canyon:
    1. Get a bow
    2. Put level 30 on it
    3. Position yourself infront of the nexus
    4. Shoot
    5. Success
  10. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

This will work to an extent, however if you have multiple strength rushers they can easily push towards you or flank you.
    vxv199999 likes this.
  11. bob1208 Silver

XP:
    4,241xp
    Pro tip for the defenders do not stand still :D

sorry
    Murgatron likes this.
  12. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

You got me whilst I was in a crafting table you bugger :lmao:
  13. TerrorkruemelX Regular Member

XP:
    7,128xp
    [IMG] This might work better if you have a clan/more people to remove the complete mountain arround the base (we were only 2 :() But still it was pretty effective :D
    vxv199999 likes this.
  14. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Should have made it a ladder parkour :wink:
  15. nVidia_GTX_420 Regular Member

XP:
    18,893xp
    add cake wall NAO
  16. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Very well...

Approved by Lazertester! :stuck_out_tongue:
  17. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Updated guide to include new classes (was not added due to uncertainty of any major tweaks in their immediate release).

Collis has not been included in the map section due to it's rework by it's creator :wink:
  18. Sophibutt Platinum

XP:
    146,396xp
    What a lovely little guide.
    Murgatron likes this.
  19. thomlen Platinum

XP:
    23,932xp
    I declare all necro's to this thread necessary as long as this is relevant.
    Murgatron likes this.
  20. Accieo Gold

XP:
    32,257xp
    Nice Murgatron! :D This post is amazing for those who are starting in Shotbow
    Murgatron likes this.