1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion MTA vehicles in wasted?

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by BrassBuilder, Oct 11, 2015.

Suggestion - MTA vehicles in wasted?
?

What should be added?

MTA cars 10 vote(s) 76.9%
MTA planes 9 vote(s) 69.2%
MTA helicopters 9 vote(s) 69.2%
planes and helicopters have guns 10 vote(s) 76.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    Replace the old cars and trucks, etc. with the MTA cars and Helicopters and Planes. Give Helicopters a M240 and planes a M249 and two rockets.

2. storm345 Retired Staff

XP:
    632,098xp
    Weapons on vehicles isn't part of MTA's vehicle code but the rest COULD potentially be moved to wasted given probably quite big code changes in wasted. (I'm the MTA dev so idk if that's possible or not). I suggest contacting some wasted devs if you really think this is worth it - But personally I think wasted's vehicles are probably fine as they are!
  3. FearTheRainbow Platinum

XP:
    45,360xp
    From this I say that only cars should be added because I mean planes and helicopters would really be to much mta for wasted.Lets face it the cars in mta are really cool. :stuck_out_tongue:
  4. NotDiezel Regular Member

XP:
    99,955xp
    Helicopter should have an m249.
  5. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    Well, look at how the devs made turrets. All you have to do is make it so when you get in the helicopter or plane is you get the gun item, and tons of ammo. Basically you get a flying turret :stuck_out_tongue:
  6. _NoFatChicks_ Regular Member

XP:
    22,132xp
    It could happen but i really doubt it cuz players or jpers wouldnt be able to kill them do to not shooting in the air.
  7. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    uhm, the coding says if you are not wearing a jetpack on your back you can't shoot midair :stuck_out_tongue: So if you weren't wearing a jetpack in a helicopter or plane then you can shoot.

In other words, if you are wearing a jetpack, you cant shoot unless you are on the ground, otherwise you still can. Mechs can airshoot

Also it would not be that hard to kill them because the player still takes bullet damage while the aircraft would not.
  8. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    I'm personally against integrating pieces MTA into Wasted to any extent. Wasted needs to maintain its identity from MTA, as blurring their differences would not serve either any justice.
    KoenigApfel likes this.
  9. _NoFatChicks_ Regular Member

XP:
    22,132xp
    What happened to control i was eating? D:
  10. Cahillguy Regular Member

XP:
    148,037xp
    I agree with you to an extent. If we copy the exact same shapes and designs for the vehicles in MTA and paste them into Wasted pixel for pixel, players will wonder why Wasted is copying MTA, and decide that MTA is better than Wasted Sandbox - after all, if you think about it, both gamemodes focus on running around killing other players, to earn money, to buy more stuff, to kill more players. Meanwhile, there's simply more features in MTA, such as minigames (races, heists etc.), property ownership, and certain *ahem* seedy parts to it - and of course, vehicles that actually look like vehicles. As for Wasted? Objectives are a joke, since a player/team is forced to be sitting ducks on a point for several boring minutes... until of course, they get rocketed by mechs or jetpacks. And if they do successfully hold it, they simply get more weapons which they will lose when they die.

So my point? Wasted does need its own identity, but having pigs and cows as cars and trucks gives it no justice. After all, Wasted is based off of an ArmA mod, so we should make it look like a military simulator (well, obviously as close as we can). We can start by copying the base code for MTA vehicles, and edit it to make cars look like actual cars, and same goes for trucks, ATVs, and motorcycles. The designs should definitely look different from MTA, but just make them look good in general, and fitting for the setting of Wasted - a modern battleground. Then, we will be one step closer to giving Wasted the revamp it needs; ColonelKAITO's thread has a bunch of great ideas that could follow on to developing a new identity for Wasted.
  11. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    We should use the same code but different models is what I'm thinking. Or we could just port the old old cars from when you became the pig into the current wasted because right now EVERYTHING IS BROKEN
  12. FearTheRainbow Platinum

XP:
    45,360xp
    I just like the textures of the mta cars, maybe we can do something with the pig textures?
  13. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    You know what? I don't know why we didn't do that in the first place.
  14. Shiba Regular Member

XP:
    10,698xp
    I dont get the point. Whats the difference between cars and... cars? It would be easier to work on one plugin for that and improve that with on going updates. Why should there be two codes for the same stuff?
  15. KoenigApfel Regular Member

XP:
    94,770xp
    But Wasted vehicles are characteristic and unique. I would definitely miss them ;-;
  16. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    I'd prefer the MTA vehicles stay out of wasted.
    Don't get me wrong, I find them much more easy to drive, and they have much of a greater variation than wasted vehicles, however I see MTA as this stand-alone concept. The gamemode is unique, and tossing content between the two would just make things look messy and unoriginal. MTA vehicles fit the MTA theme as does Wasted vehicles fit the Wasted theme. Vehicles in wasted had always remained as wolfs named ATV, pigs named Car, cows named Truck, and chickens named Motorcycles. Granted, there was a brief period where horses were implemented, but damn, were those bizarre days. You'd see floating UFO horses just hovering in the air above towns. Flat out weird.

But I digress.

I'd just like it that shotbow's gamemodes try and stay independent of eachother. Just to keep things stay clean, organized, and original. I have no quarrel with upgrading and updating wasted's vehicles into something totally unique, but just dragging things from other gamemodes, well, that doesn't really make it unique anymore, now does it :lmao:
    KoenigApfel likes this.
  17. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    Okay, I think we should usethe mta vehicles BUT we remodel them to look like the animal cars we all know and love! Problem solved :D No more mountain cliping with cars :D
  18. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    So, you're saying to fix the car glitch, we just abandon wasted cars, spend days trying to import all the code from MTA to sustain MTA cars, then retexture the already retextured MTA cars to animals?

That seems way too unnecessary to fix cars, don't you think? :lmao:
    BlueToePolca likes this.
  19. HypeTrains Regular Member

XP:
    85,406xp
    another idea is just to take the movement coding and put it on the cars.
  20. FearTheRainbow Platinum

XP:
    45,360xp
    What happened to good old walking lazy much?
    :stuck_out_tongue: