1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion More Uses for Dyes!

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by boogaert, Jun 27, 2015.

Suggestion - More Uses for Dyes!
?

What should be added

More dyes with special uses 27 vote(s) 52.9%
More dyes for coloring only 10 vote(s) 19.6%
Bones/Cacti should be able to be broken down into dyes 9 vote(s) 17.6%
Nothing 5 vote(s) 9.8%
  1. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    EDIT: Admins - currently 88% of people who responded want some sort of dye in the game - please do it!

Hey guys, boogaert here with a suggestion that would hopefully make MineZ more fun and more pretty!

I suggest that more dyes are added for more functions, AND just to allow us to dye our armor more!

First the functions - bones from graves should be able to be broken down to bonemeal first of all. This could allows players to regrow crops if they run out, or maybe something to add to stew to make it more nutritious! Orange could be something for poison - you could add it to your arrows, sword, or maybe even when you're healing someone normally so you actually hurt them! Cacti could be broken down into a soothing aloe vera to make special infection-healing bandages.

Even if the functions don't seem like a good idea - they would still be awesome for aesthetic purposes. Even Lazer said he was going to add it a while back. Dyes could make it so you can make an awesome leather suit! You could go full on green or red as a bandit or healer or make a rainbow outfit. It can also be used more tactically to identify specific clan members or specific subgroups, like in the Unknown Trading Company.

At least allow the breaking down of cacti and bonemeal for dyes - there's no harm in it. Adding more dyes would be awesome and the uses would be a stretch but also be very neat.

[IMG]
    The Unknown Trading Company Using Dyed Thorned Crowns to distinguish regiments.

[IMG]

All of the possible dye combinations - taste the rainbow!

2. guy762 Gold

XP:
    51,631xp
    I just want muh lapis, man.
  3. Dragonstorm1201 Regular Member

XP:
    91,572xp
    If this happens, I'm going to run around in pink armor and it'll be amazing. I'll probably sing (in chat) too :stuck_out_tongue:
  4. Lieutenant_Joe Silver

XP:
    52,132xp
    Suggestion for the special infection-healing one: if you use the cactus dye, it negates the healing effect but can cure bleeding, and the cooldown for it would be two minutes instead of five. There should be another one like that for poisoning too, maybe yellow dye from flowers dug out of graves.
  5. ManHeadRambo Platinum

XP:
    546,741xp
    Oh Yas! The thing would just be... Where would you get all of the 16 dyes..?
    Mrdan28 likes this.
  6. ManHeadRambo Platinum

XP:
    546,741xp
    I remember the day when squids attacked. The amount of dyes and goodness...
    [IMG]
    Mrdan28 likes this.
  7. FireKnight1483 Platinum

XP:
    948,262xp
    I like the idea overall. However, I do have an issue with certain dyes. For instance, lapis lazuli, inc sacs, and bone meal were all found exclusively on the Ghost Ship. However, since it has been removed, people really value them. Bringing them back into the game would really upset anyone who already has these dyes.
  8. Lieutenant_Joe Silver

XP:
    52,132xp
    Would it though? Would it really upset them? First of all, Majicou has hinted at the return of the Ghost Ship, and if it does return whenever the big update comes around, none of those will be as valuable anymore. That is, unless the loot on the Ghost Ship is changed. Also, bonemeal wasn't EXCLUSIVELY found on the Ghost Ship. You used to be able to turn bones dug up from graves into bonemeal too, just like you can in regular Minecraft.

Anyway, why would people be upset? It's just dye. I understand that people like collecting rare things, but who would really prefer to let a coloring item sit in their inventory gathering dust just because it's rare over letting other people have fun with it on their leather armor? Is it really so important that you can LOOK at it in your inventory?
  9. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    Bone meal is only one and I think it would be fine. They were never super rare anyway.
  10. rollednetlib Regular Member

XP:
    30,039xp
    I could imagine alot of minidungeons (one room dungeons/small parkour and stuff) for dyes would be REALLY fun.

But I would like to see dyes with new features. Make certain dyes obtainable through certain mobs? Perhaps

Just going to throw some ideas out there for the public to talk about.

Deceased Resilience: Strictly zombies, any PvP damage eliminates the effect

Fall resilience: Could give players high jump boost (past 127) so they cant jump, but they have reduced fall damage

Blood transfer: At a cost of the users health, you stop another players bleeding

Speed: Player recieves speed _, Weakness 6, Hunger 1

Hunger: transfer you hunger to another player? idk you come up with this stuff
  11. Dragonstorm1201 Regular Member

XP:
    91,572xp
    Maybe zombies could drop dye so it's like their guts and organs are all spilling out of their, cold, undead body.
  12. rollednetlib Regular Member

XP:
    30,039xp
    I like this one. :eek: What about a dye that is zombie guts, when used on a player it is destroyed, but it makes players more stealther to zombies. So its as if you are putting the zombie guts on yourself.
    Dragonstorm1201 likes this.
  13. Lil_Jeffy_com Platinum

XP:
    897,183xp
    Do YOU still have those?
  14. ManHeadRambo Platinum

XP:
    546,741xp
    Nope. That made me sad now when you mentioned it :3
  15. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    Woah that's pretty cool, sucks you lost it all :/
  16. ManHeadRambo Platinum

XP:
    546,741xp
    Yep, it would have been nice to trade those costumes.
  17. Penergy Regular Member

XP:
    41,167xp
    While I don't think there needs to be a special effect for every dye, it would be incredibly aesthetically pleasing to have access to more kinds of dye in the game. I fully support this idea.
    DaFunk and boogaert like this.
  18. 8noremac Regular Member

XP:
    30,784xp
    i do
  19. Azhoo Platinum

XP:
    34,990xp
    Being a very common person to heal others and try to help, I like the idea of adding more uses for dyes. Yes, coloured armour would be wonderful, but I believe in circumstances like "
    jscooolwave
    " said, it would be cool to add things like that.

I believe if we added things similar to a hunger regeneration dye or something would be a really neat add, though I believe it would need to be rare, but I am not creative when it comes to creating and modifying games.

This still seems like a super cool idea, even if it means just adding more things to the grave list that you can dig up.
    boogaert likes this.
  20. Roth_Decorthon Regular Member

XP:
    9,476xp
    What about a dye which will give your healing target a sort of weakness, slowness or nausea, in exchange for even better regeneration? I feel like it would offer the player even more healing, as so long as they are willing to sit out for a minute, so it can't really be used mid-PvP.

Better yet, just make both red and green dyes do this anyway.
    nintendogeek22 likes this.